Dan Clark Audio E3 Review: Interview, Measurements, Impressions
Mar 26, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #1,591 of 1,874
Do share more when you get them. I’m on an email conversation with DCA as I’m still looking for a way to get less clamp on the E3. Pulling the headband upwards makes the clamp just perfect (for me), but of course that’s goes away quickly as I can’t hold it there.

Sound is still awesome to me, even when coming through an RU7. Pretty happy with it as my “holiday headphones” :L3000:

Mar 26, 2024 at 3:47 PM Post #1,592 of 1,874
Do share more when you get them. I’m on an email conversation with DCA as I’m still looking for a way to get less clamp on the E3. Pulling the headband upwards makes the clamp just perfect (for me), but of course that’s goes away quickly as I can’t hold it there.

Sound is still awesome to me, even when coming through an RU7. Pretty happy with it as my “holiday headphones” :L3000:
What you could do is put a pair of zip ties to keep the headband from retracting. Check out what Irwin g. wrote in their review on Headphones.com, you can sort of see it in their picture too

https://headphones.com/products/dan-clark-audio-e3-headphones?_pos=1&_psq=e3&_ss=e&_v=1.0

Mar 26, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #1,593 of 1,874
What you could do is put a pair of zip ties to keep the headband from retracting. Check out what Irwin g. wrote in their review on Headphones.com, you can sort of see it in their picture too

https://headphones.com/products/dan-clark-audio-e3-headphones?_pos=1&_psq=e3&_ss=e&_v=1.0
I have the hotspot issue on top of my head from the suspension strap also so I would love to see how to do this zip tie mod but I can't really tell what he did from that small photo. If you know what he did would you please let me know, thanks in advance.

"I made a physical modification to the headband by adding mini zipties to 'pre-stretch' the elastic so the headphone simply rests on my head. This eliminates the feeling that the headband is pressing down on my head and is very apparent when reclining. Keen observers will spot the tiny black zip ties in the photo." Irvin G if you are here, I am not too keen.......please help!

EDIT: Was able to download a full size image but can't really see what he did still:

plriEcXCz_mid.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 3:58 PM Post #1,594 of 1,874
I have the hotspot issue on top of my head from the suspension strap also so I would love to see how to do this zip tie mod but I can't really tell what he did from that small photo. If you know what he did would you please let me know, thanks in advance.

EDIT: Was able to download a full size image but can't really see what he did still:

Here’s what I think: they put the zip tie loosely tightened around the metal headband. Then they put the headphones on, and then tightened the tie where the leather strap ends on the metal band. In this photo, I can see a black zip tie with its end cut off right beneath the leather strap.

It could be worth a try, you can always cut zip ties off if it doesn’t work.

Edit: I don’t own these or any DCA headphones, I’m in the obsessive research phase before buying the E3 right now.

1711483076240.png

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #1,595 of 1,874
Way awesome @Hans Yolo - thanks a lot for that. I was thinking along the same lines (how to keep the headband up and in place), but hadn’t thought of zip ties yet. I just got word from DCA that another option would be to lose one of the black screws in the gimbals, but will only able to verify that once I’m back home and have my tools. Pretty positive now that this will get sorted and super happy with that prospect!

I salute your research, Hans! Hope you find the right HP for your needs.

Mar 26, 2024 at 7:46 PM Post #1,596 of 1,874
Here’s what I think: they put the zip tie loosely tightened around the metal headband. Then they put the headphones on, and then tightened the tie where the leather strap ends on the metal band. In this photo, I can see a black zip tie with its end cut off right beneath the leather strap.

It could be worth a try, you can always cut zip ties off if it doesn’t work.

Edit: I don’t own these or any DCA headphones, I’m in the obsessive research phase before buying the E3 right now.

1711483076240.png
Ok now I see what you mean. Zip ties around the carbon or plastic yoke parts that should keep the elastic inside from allowing the suspension strap from recoiling down. Thank you!! I’ll give it a shot.

Mar 26, 2024 at 10:58 PM Post #1,597 of 1,874
Mar 27, 2024 at 3:13 AM Post #1,598 of 1,874
Another happy owner here of DCA E3, received a few days ago.

Impressive resolution, instrument separation, bass extension and dynamics compared to my Focal Clear Pro (OG), which is still a great headphone. I’m driving it with a Chord Mojo 2.

Mar 27, 2024 at 6:56 AM Post #1,599 of 1,874
Another happy owner here of DCA E3, received a few days ago.

Impressive resolution, instrument separation, bass extension and dynamics compared to my Focal Clear Pro (OG), which is still a great headphone. I’m driving it with a Chord Mojo 2.
I saw these on Currawongs head and they don't stick out too badly, with a mojo 2 you can take a nice walk with them. Will you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back