Dan Clark Audio E3 Review: Interview, Measurements, Impressions
Feb 22, 2024 at 8:45 PM Post #1,382 of 1,886
I ended up returning E3, trying Hifiman he1000se returning them for brightness and landing on the he1000v2 at $1200 then added Audio-gd R28-NOS for another $1200. I'm loving the sound, but still find myself cringing with certain horns, violins. It's way better with this warm setup, but it makes me think it's just my hearing.

I remembered this discussion and the suggestions above. Do I recall correctly that these cans are well known for avoiding harsh/bright highs?
Haven't tried HE1000 V2... but tried all you mentioned with Ares 12th-1 and Aune S17 when I had it. I am not bothered by high of HEKSE myself... but out of the set (E3, Arya Organic, HE1000 Stealth, HE1000SE, Diana MR), it felt like Diana MR had least of the possible too bright issue. I thought I liked it better than HEKSE but after getting MJ3, my opinion changed toward HEKSE where I am actually enjoying that high frequency with more dynamic added to HEKSE. (which MR was better with Aune S17 for my taste)... It feels like it also depends on your taste and gears.
Felt like E3 was really good over all... just bit disorienting for me... it probably just is me though.

Feb 22, 2024 at 9:00 PM Post #1,383 of 1,886
I ended up returning E3, trying Hifiman he1000se returning them for brightness and landing on the he1000v2 at $1200 then added Audio-gd R28-NOS for another $1200. I'm loving the sound, but still find myself cringing with certain horns, violins. It's way better with this warm setup, but it makes me think it's just my hearing.

I remembered this discussion and the suggestions above. Do I recall correctly that these cans are well known for avoiding harsh/bright highs?
Yes, particularly in the sibilance region, the HEDDs are not harsh, but still detailed. You might even try to find a pair of used Audioquest Nighthawks and see how they work for you.

Feb 23, 2024 at 2:54 AM Post #1,384 of 1,886
Felt like E3 was really good over all... just bit disorienting for me... it probably just is me though.
What do you mean by "disorienting"?

Thanks

Feb 23, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #1,385 of 1,886
What do you mean by "disorienting"?

Thanks
It is strange feeling of having large sound stage when I am focusing on certain instrument, etc... but when I am just listening as whole, it feels like i am in much smaller room vs what I could pin point each sound. I still don't have word to describe this feeling and probably not everyone feels it that way. I've posted this in introduction and recommendation section while back and it was interesting I wasn't the only one feeling that way.

Feb 23, 2024 at 12:44 PM Post #1,386 of 1,886
Hello guys,
For metal (power / symphonic) and some movie watching, which set would be the best between the Diana mr, the e3 or the atrium closed? Leaning towards the Diana mr so far but not sure…
thanks in advance!

Feb 24, 2024 at 6:01 AM Post #1,390 of 1,886
AC is quite reserved in the mids. E3 is best for isolation but the MR has the best resolution add detail.
If you are familiar with E3 and MR, how is the layering and dynamics on MR vs E3 ?
MR easier to drive ?
Thanks.

Feb 24, 2024 at 7:12 AM Post #1,391 of 1,886
If you are familiar with E3 and MR, how is the layering and dynamics on MR vs E3 ?
MR easier to drive ?
Thanks.
Send me a few of the tracks you listen to and I'll compare. Of course your DAC / Amp chain I have no control over. I know they both require more power than the 800s by maybe 15% but I haven't had the MR long enough to do a lot of side by side comparisons.

Feb 24, 2024 at 8:05 AM Post #1,392 of 1,886
Hello guys,
For metal (power / symphonic) and some movie watching, which set would be the best between the Diana mr, the e3 or the atrium closed? Leaning towards the Diana mr so far but not sure…
thanks in advance!

Diana Mr would be lean.....Atrium is too imprecise in its presentation

NOMAX

PS.lol

Feb 24, 2024 at 8:31 AM Post #1,393 of 1,886
I have the possibility to buy a Stealth for a good price.

Is the fit really super annoying on the Stealth ? I know the problem isn't as pronounced on the E3.

I don't know, I dig the Stealth on these audio demos (the Expense is no slouch either, but I need a closed HPs) :

I wonder if the Stealth fit is correct on the audio demo.

My use-case is electronic music production and mix.

There are so much conflicting reviews about the DCAs online. Audio context and FR graph analysis really helps.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2024 at 8:39 AM Post #1,394 of 1,886
Feb 24, 2024 at 9:09 AM Post #1,395 of 1,886
I have the possibility to buy a Stealth for a good price.

Is the fit really super annoying on the Stealth ? I know the problem isn't as pronounced on the E3.

I don't know, I dig the Stealth on these audio demos (the Expense is no slouch either, but I need a closed HPs) :

I wonder if the Stealth fit is correct on the audio demo.

My use-case is electronic music production and mix.

There are so much conflicting reviews about the DCAs online. Audio context and FR graph analysis really helps.

I don’t like Stealth with anything that requires high dynamic or bass slam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back