I am well rested now 🤪

It looks like many are waiting for that 😎
Well then, let's get started

❗️E3 vs Composer❗

In terms of construction/material appearance, the point goes to us in Vienna 👍
Also in terms of comfort (weight) and fit 👍
Our Composer also has all three cables included that you need👍

But now to the sonic performance of the two
The greatest strength of the E3, as already mentioned, is in the mids as well as in the highs, no sharpness, no sibilance
Due to its presence in the mids, the voices already come out very nicely 👍
The illumination of the room as with the Stealth at the highest level
The Composer is even brighter and more airy, I can't make out any sharpness here either ....., but it may well be that it still seems too bright and to lean to few people
The point for mids and highs therefore clearly goes to San Diego for me, I personally don't think it could be much better...the stage is front of you...par excellence 👍👍
And last but not least, to the low end, the bass
Technically, the Composer is very good here, it is fast, punchy and very precise (quantity is more as Utopia/Hd800s etc etc and no roll off)
How does the E3 perform here?
Here you have to decide for yourself how much is enough
How much is too much?
Yes, the first 15 or 20 minutes are really fun with the E3, you say wow...but the longer you listen to it the more I have the feeling that it seems too much for me and my ears
Personally, I cannot attest to the E3's long-term suitability in this area
For me, less means more, perhaps the term "more digestible" is more appropriate?
So for me the point in this area goes to Vienna 👍

My friends,believe me it was very difficult to find the right and honest words to describe my personal impressions of these two headphones

NOMAX

PS.One thing I would also like to mention is that I listened to some other candidates again today 🙈🤣
If you think Bass quantity is important for you, you also have my blessing to take a closer look at the E3
The Clark E3 and Stealth are the only one planar beside the Arya Organic of all that has no woom woom bass to offer👍 (woom woom = 200-400 hz 😝)

Lol

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #228 of 1,893
According to the fact the Meze Liric is about the same price, will you consider the E3 is a better choice ?

Is this a joke this question?🤣

NOMAX

PS.yes👍

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #230 of 1,893
The Liric is so bad ?...
The Liric is certainly not to Nomax liking.
It's a great headphone tho, just not for those that prefer a neutral and balanced sound

Dec 7, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #231 of 1,893
Paid my local shop a visit today, they had just received their first delivery of E3. Long story short, I almost went out with a Stealth :wink:
As many may know I primarily listen to electronica, from EDM to Deep House / Vocal House. The E3 sure is impressive for those genres, but in the end maybe a bit over ambitious. I do like my bass, and having the feeling of the room vibrating slightly is a nice effect that reminds of hearing that kind of music over an appropriately dimensioned PA. But over the course of my listening I think its a bit too much for longer listening sessions, and the Stealth, which I used for comparison, had that more in check while still reaching fantastically deep. I did like upper mids and treble on the E3 a bit better, found it to be a bit more lively there. Both offered moderate space, realistic in dimensions.
The difference in weight was noticeable, and the Stealth does look much more unique. The E3 does look better in person than on the photos, yet a bit bland to me. It sports a bit deeper pads and a bit more clamping force, yet still very comfortable. Given the price difference the E3 looks like a steal -- which is a feat at 2k+
Used my new M17 as the sole source, and while it does like some power I used something around 70 at that "over-ear" gain level.
IMG_2517.jpegIMG_2519.jpeg
Thankfully you could control your wallet... :sweat:

Dec 7, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #232 of 1,893
The Liric is so bad ?...

Compare it side by side and i am sure you will quickly find the answer for you personally 👍

NOMAX

Dec 7, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #234 of 1,893
A video review from Bloom Audio about the Liric mentioned it is closed to the stealth, in fact between the Noire and the Stealth.
While I like both the Liric and the Stealth, they don't sound much alike

Dec 7, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #235 of 1,893
The Liric is certainly not to Nomax liking.
It's a great headphone tho, just not for those that prefer a neutral and balanced sound

I am one of the few who agree with harman on the right half but not on the left
(It can be less on the left for me.....maybe there is some truth in the fact that the Harman 2013 is still considered the best and not the 2018...who knows 😉)

IMG_9276.jpeg

NOMAX

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #236 of 1,893
I am one of the few who agree with harman on the right half but not on the left
(It can be less on the left for me.....maybe there is some truth in the fact that the Harman 2013 is still considered the best and not the 2018 😉)

NOMAX
I am in the other Camp, left side harman is good, right side could be slightly less (think Expanse treble)

However even more on the left side is also fine with ne

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #237 of 1,893
I am in the other Camp, left side harman is good, right side could be slightly less (think Expanse treble)

I can't make the decision for anyone else, I can only speak for myself, I would also like to see an increase, but everything in the spirit of balance
Because this ultimately benefits long-term suitability of listening with headphones 😎

NOMAX

PS.In any case, I hope everyone enjoys getting to know the E3 👍
As mentioned in my initial post,nevertheless i think this model will get a large fan base,because customer preferences have changed in recent years and have also become younger🤟
I'm approaching fifty soon🤪

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 7:58 PM Post #238 of 1,893
Dec 7, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #239 of 1,893
Definitely excited to 'dip' my toes back into this hobby a bit now that I've moved to a home with a larger space that will allow me to actually sit and listen to music. A bit disappointed though ordered direct through DCA, and while noted that they are in stock on the website, I guess they are building them. I probably would not have paid for expedited shipping having known that and just ordered from a place that has it in actual stock so I could have spent some time with them over the weekend.

Dec 7, 2023 at 11:53 PM Post #240 of 1,893
" A bit disappointed though ordered direct through DCA, and while noted that they are in stock on the website, I guess they are building them. I probably would not have paid for expedited shipping having known that and just ordered from a place that has it in actual stock so I could have spent some time with them over the weekend."
Same experience here with Moon Audio and DCA listing the item as in stock but no action taken to fulfill order in 3 days. There ought to be a law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back