Dali Headphones
Oct 31, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #151 of 1,056
I had the new AirPods free with my iPhone 11 max pro but never even unwrapped them selling them to a friend. Never mind I just can't wear inner earphones haha

I think this is mistake. With the iPhone you obtaining in the box the EarPods (with wire) and costing 25 euros not AirPods (wireless and expensive, 179 euros (or 229 euros with wireless case)). Yesterday Apple is releasing new AirPods Pro (wireless) with anc and very better sound, is costing 279 euros (249 dollars in usa).

The EarPods and AirPods is sound similar. The new AirPods Pro is sound very different, is very much better than the 2 models before and the anc is excellent and is excellent too the ambient mode.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #152 of 1,056
I think this is mistake. With the iPhone you obtaining in the box the EarPods (with wire) and costing 25 euros not AirPods (wireless and expensive, 179 euros (or 229 euros with wireless case)). Yesterday Apple is releasing new AirPods Pro (wireless) with anc and very better sound, is costing 279 euros (249 dollars in usa).

The EarPods and AirPods is sound similar. The new AirPods Pro is sound very different, is very much better than the 2 models before and the anc is excellent and is excellent too the ambient mode.
No my friend you are wrong on the plan I got with my phone I got the £159 airpods free, Wireless and fully boxed. Like I say I do not wear earphones so I sold them. The wired EarPods that were boxed with the phone are still in the phone box and that’s where they will stay

Oct 31, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #153 of 1,056
No my friend you are wrong on the plan I got with my phone I got the £159 airpods free, Wireless and fully boxed. Like I say I do not wear earphones so I sold them. The wired EarPods that were boxed with the phone are still in the phone box and that’s where they will stay

This is very good plan!!

Llittle correction: EarPods and AirPods aren't iems (in-ear earphones) they are canal-phones (or earbuds) because they don't sitting inside your ears but outside, in the ear canal and is no isolation. The new Airpods pro is more in-ears but isn't completely in-ears because they don't going deep in your ears like normal iems but aren't like canal phones. Here my opinion of the AirPods pro.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #154 of 1,056
From my "measurements" it results that the M3 battery gives me 12 hours of listening to music without ANC ...
Which is a rather unacceptable result for me. After listening to music for 9 hours, the battery status is 20%, so maybe even less than 12 hours.

I'm slowly running out of the possible return of M3 and I like them, visually and how they play, but this battery is a misunderstanding.

I wonder if I should try out B&O H9v3 yet, but I have IO6 yet so I will continue testing

Oct 31, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #155 of 1,056
From my "measurements" it results that the M3 battery gives me 12 hours of listening to music without ANC ...
Which is a rather unacceptable result for me. After listening to music for 9 hours, the battery status is 20%, so maybe even less than 12 hours.

I'm slowly running out of the possible return of M3 and I like them, visually and how they play, but this battery is a misunderstanding.

I wonder if I should try out B&O H9v3 yet, but I have IO6 yet so I will continue testing

I have suggestion. Charging the headphone all the 3 hours sennheiser saying (I don't remembering exactly if 2.5 or 3 hours). If you seeing the green light don't stopping the charging but continue. Is possible you getting maybe 15 or more hours. I don't testing this with m3, but I having similar experience with my p7 wireless.

Oct 31, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #156 of 1,056
Hi everyone.
Firstly, thank you for this forum. I've visited over the years, but only just registered as I am hoping for some feedback from those with the new Dali headphones.
I am considering the IO4's for primarily in-home use.
I have Dali Zensor 1's and Zensor 3's and I really like the Dali sound. I also have a Dali Katch, which apart from background hiss between tracks (which I find common on Bluetooth) I think are stunning for their size.
Headphones wise I have AKG 701's, Beyerdynamic 880's and Sennheiser HS598's. I generally use these with a small headphone amp (Shiit)
The only bluetooth headphones I have are Bose Soundlink.
I know I can only listen to one set of headphones at a time, but I'm guessing I'm in good company on this forum?
There is something different that I like about all of the above headphones. AKG's are clear, crisp and have amazing sound stage. Beyer's are more fun and full (though lead to a little tinnitus after prolonged use.) The Sennheisers are fuller and warm.
Can anyone chip in with the following on the DALI's...
  • What is the depth of the ear cups like. In the past I have tried some over ears where my ears touch the bit that holds the driver (not the outside edges but the main surface) and it's unpleasant.
  • Does anyone have any idea if the IO4's have the same sound. Almost everything I have read has been about the IO6's, but I don't really need ANC, so will take the price reduction and battery life improvement.
  • How's the heat? All my headphones except the bose are open backed and I generally prefer the sound signature and feel.
  • Has anyone tried these in bed? I like to read with my head resting on a pillow, but some ear cups can be pushed out of position or make 'rubbing' noises. This isn't a problem with the AKG's, which are huge, but I notice it more with the bose. Is it because they are closed back? Has anyone tried the Dali's lying on a pillow? They also seem to stick out a long way?
  • Do any of you have the headphones I mentioned against which you can compare the Dali's? I'm guessing they are closer to the AKG's? Better or worse than these chepaer 'phones with a good amp?
  • Finally, have any of you noticed that bluetooth hiss? I've had it on every bluetooth device to a greater or lesser extent, but it is a wekaness of the katch. It is not about my phone, as the hiss exists on any device, and was even present on the katch before pairing? Is it the amp rather than bluetooth?
I know that's a lot-so any insight on anything would be apprtecaited.

Oct 31, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #157 of 1,056
thanks for sharing this, considering this and the few other reports ive heard i think its a pretty safe bet that ill end up getting some of these and ill probably end up sidelining the mobius to the PC, of course you never know till you actually hear something but from reports the seem like theyre pretty much what i hoped they would be (or maybe hoped they wouldnt be so i didnt have to spend out again!) oddly ive never really had an issue pairing the mobius with either my phone or laptop (sony and thinkpad) also while the mobius can be a little aggressive do you know what profile and mode they were on, im not questioning your judgement just pointing out that if you didnt know about the settings it could have been set on 7.1 channel with the Footsteps profiie on and youd have had no clue that it sounds much better in 2.0 with flat or music profiles, anyway thats another topic

really cant wait to get my ears on a pair of these things

@Spanget
there should be no reason they wont work with an apple device, they should just appear as a standard usb audio device which has been fully supported since apple dropped the headphone jack and possibly even before that, i know for a fact people used the HRT microstreamer with pretty old iphones and it worked (generally, i believe apple lowered the limit on power at one point but as far as im aware it was raised again later) i cant be 100% sure on this as apple devices arent really my forte but i do know they should supports standard usb audio

First I had the Mobius with effects and even position sensors on. For gaming it must be amazing. But I’m not a gamer.
Then in 2.0, I must agree they sound very good. Although, in my opinion, not better than the iO-6. And the whole package seems too much if your sole goal is music.

I believe I forgot to mention that the earcups are round on the iO-6. And I have big ears, so I would much prefer if they had elliptical cups. I’m not trying to find a flaw and I would definitely struggle with my ears a little for the sound quality. But on longer listening periods that struggle could potentially turn into frustration and discomfort.

I have since tried the Bose 700 (an amazing set, in design, construction, features and colorless sound. Great Bose sound but not overtly exciting, if you understand my meaning) and I’m definitely waiting to try the B&W PX7. Those may tilt the wheel to no turning back.

Let’s see...

(now to reading what I’ve been missing... :wink: )

Nov 1, 2019 at 1:29 AM Post #158 of 1,056
I bought the iO-6 2 days ago, and have been listening for perhaps 6 hours so far and I really love them!
I listen mainly to classical music, and some acoustic folk.
They are not perfect.
-ANC not near the class of my Sony wh-1000xm3, or even wh-1000xm1 that I owned previously, but good enough for me.
-they are not as loud on my iPhone 11 (havn't tried them wired yet), and for some choir music it can be a problem for me
-I hear my own steps while walking (better, or perhaps softer than wh-1000xm1 but considerably worse than wh-1000xm3)

But despite that these have become my daily headphones!
+Audio quality! They beat wh-1000xm3 in every way except excitement in the bass, but if I wanted that I would get the Senn m3 instead (those are really fun to listen to!)
They have a clarity that makes all the instruments so real! I don't know the english words for it, but the timbre of the instruments are just about perfect! When listening to chambermusic there is not just a difference of placement between the violins, but I can hear the difference in tone colour as well. I would say that these cans are perhaps even more realistic in tone than my Senn HD-599.
And the sound more like open than closed headphones! How did they do that???

I love them so far :)

Nov 1, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #159 of 1,056
  • What is the depth of the ear cups like. In the past I have tried some over ears where my ears touch the bit that holds the driver (not the outside edges but the main surface) and it's unpleasant.
Your looking at about 1.7cm roughly. Obviously. This will shrink when on your head but I can't see this been an issue.
  • Does anyone have any idea if the IO4's have the same sound. Almost everything I have read has been about the IO6's, but I don't really need ANC, so will take the price reduction and battery life improvement.
This is something I would like to try as the ANC is also an amp so it's not just the ANC been removed from the io4. The dali employee in this thread said that they have been tuned to be exactly the same so they are going be at least very close. Don't think anyone as been able test this as of yet.
  • How's the heat? All my headphones except the bose are open backed and I generally prefer the sound signature and feel.
Not had an issue with this and worn them for 3/4 hours continuously a couple of times now. You forget they are there if anything they are really that comfy.
  • Has anyone tried these in bed? I like to read with my head resting on a pillow, but some ear cups can be pushed out of position or make 'rubbing' noises. This isn't a problem with the AKG's, which are huge, but I notice it more with the bose. Is it because they are closed back? Has anyone tried the Dali's lying on a pillow? They also seem to stick out a long way?
You obviously couldn't wear them on your side but facing straight up they actuly sit pretty nice and keep your head level like stabilisers after relying this. They are really comfy this way but I don't really use them persoannly in the house much, got Oberon 5s and some ATC 7s connected to technics c700 amp for that . Atcs are better on well produced music but show the flaws in lower production values whereas the Oberon just work with everything. Need try the atc 19s but at 2.2k it's a rather large upgrade. Back to question, because of the stability effect of them you can't hear any rubbing. You can hear your own breathing a little but nothing like you do with in ears.
  • Do any of you have the headphones I mentioned against which you can compare the Dali's? I'm guessing they are closer to the AKG's? Better or worse than these chepaer 'phones with a good amp?
I've come from high end in ears and this is my first forrey into wireless so I can't help comparing to other wireless as I never thought wireless would be good but here we are, as I've mentioned, I prefer them over my etymotic er4 xr's and onkyo dp x1a wired now. That's a huge endorsement! I find them a little on quiet side wireless but no issue when cabled. I am used to my twin amp/dac DAP though so I've been treated on the volume front. Make sure you have at least aptx HD on Bluetooth 4 or 5 though, they didn't sound good on my DAP which is bT 2 or something.
  • Finally, have any of you noticed that bluetooth hiss? I've had it on every bluetooth device to a greater or lesser extent, but it is a wekaness of the katch. It is not about my phone, as the hiss exists on any device, and was even present on the katch before pairing? Is it the amp rather than bluetooth?
Its there but with them be so open and spacious i sounding its minimal. Not something that is too noticeable but defenitly exists. If you listen for it you will notice it. If the music is playing you won't at all. The io4s are not amped though so that would be a good test between them.

Answered under questions in quote

Hope this helps

BTW, on the speaker front, the zensors are fantastic bang for buck and I found them nearly indistinguishable to the Ikon 6 MK1s I had a while back, their old opticon range basically which were 1200£ new!

However, the Oberon that replace The zensors are a huge step up again. The bass is more prominent with the new driver but still keeps dalis unique sound. IMHO the opticons are lacking and I preferred the ikons over them and now the Oberons make them look an even worse value. In fact, their whole range needs refreshing upwards because of the Oberons IMHO.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #160 of 1,056
I have both the i-04 and i-06. I noticed my YouTube video was shared in the first post of the i-04. I have since released my review of the i-06 and also a shorter video comparing both.

Updating my thoughts since the reviews, the Dali's have improved over usage. I dont use my Sony WH-1000XM3's anymore as I prefer the Dali sound signature. Also the bass response has improved over time. I would say its actually better than some of my other headphones that are more V shaped too. I've listened to a range of electronic music, and if the recording has the deep bass, you will definitely sense it. But its the overall presentation of the mid, treble and bass that is delightful.

I will never forget my first listen of the i-04. I thought I would just have a quick 10 min listen, then fully charge to full. 10 mins became an hour, which then continued into a marathon 6 hours straight listen. Just so enjoyable to listen to, and damn comfortable as well.

I have been using the i-06 somewhat more due to the ANC, but the battery life of the i-04 is phenomenal. You just dont need to hardly ever charge them.

For me, listening to music is meant to be enjoyable, and the Dali's are one a few headphones that leave me tapping my feet in tune to the music.

Nov 1, 2019 at 4:21 AM Post #161 of 1,056
Received my IO 6's on Wednesday and absolutely love the sound / comfort but am.unsure if the ANC is actually doing anything, when I switch between on/off/transparency I can hear a difference in that there is no background notice"hum" but when music is paused I can clearly hear people in my office talking the same as in transparency and off, is this potentially an issue with the headphones as I was expecting more sound isolation?

Nov 1, 2019 at 4:35 AM Post #162 of 1,056
Received my IO 6's on Wednesday and absolutely love the sound / comfort but am.unsure if the ANC is actually doing anything, when I switch between on/off/transparency I can hear a difference in that there is no background notice"hum" but when music is paused I can clearly hear people in my office talking the same as in transparency and off, is this potentially an issue with the headphones as I was expecting more sound isolation?

You will not notice the ANC that much on office chatter. Honestly, I compared it with a Sony WH1000XM3 from my co-worker and it wasn't that different.
It works well for me when I'm at home and want to eliminate hum's from appliances etc and the kids watching TV. As observed by others, when you start to play music, it becomes more effective. Not sure why that is. Could just be perception.

Nov 1, 2019 at 4:38 AM Post #163 of 1,056
Waiting for some more ANC reports from airline travelers

Nov 1, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #164 of 1,056

I must admit that when I first got these that I was also unaware if the ANC was doing anything, it was also the same with the Beyerdynamic Lagoon’s. To test I went out to the car, a rather loud work pickup truck, sat in there with the engine on and the radio on low. I then tested the Dali’s with ANC off without music playing and with ANC on without music playing and the difference is quite big. I also tested them in the same situation with music playing and then you can’t hear the engine or the car radio at all, As it has already been mentioned the ANC on these seems to be stronger when music is playing, of course this could also just be the music doing its thing.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019 at 4:50 AM Post #165 of 1,056
No, I don't think the ANC is working any different with music playing. With every ANC headphone I have ever had background noise is less noticeable with music playing, this should hardly come as a surprise since background noise has to both overcome the ANC handicap and then also compete with the sound of the drivers a couple of inches from your middle ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back