Dali Headphones
Oct 31, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #136 of 1,056
I back all the people saying the bass is right, not light. It helps to achieve the spacious and correct placement of the sound.

Of cause, people have different preferences too so this is a factor no one can advice you on but yourself.

I've tried a load of jungle and techno now and can firmly say they are not bass light. Maybe for people who like that bass heavy sound (sub like bass) but for everything else, they will not disappoint. The bass is just correct

The fact I can say they are on par with my onkyo dp x1a DAP with a £100 custom null audio cable to my etimotics er4 xrs is a huge testiment to them. That's over £1000 setup that's now resigned to playing at home.

I still can't decide between the dali Oberon 5 speakers to atc 7's because the dali sound in general is so enjoyable. Dali really do punch above their weight, and now with these headphones also.

Oct 31, 2019 at 6:39 AM Post #137 of 1,056
I wouldn't say they are bass light - more bass 'right'. :wink: I don't like over emphasized bass, and the Dali IO6 just sounds right. Still amazed by the clarity and detail of the sound. The sound stage is also amazing. And they are so comfortable - I've used now many times continuously for multiple hours and never was bothered by them. They are simply perfect (for me!)
I back all the people saying the bass is right, not light. It helps to achieve the spacious and correct placement of the sound.

Of cause, people have different preferences too so this is a factor no one can advice you on but yourself.

I've tried a load of jungle and techno now and can firmly say they are not bass light. Maybe for people who like that bass heavy sound (sub like bass) but for everything else, they will not disappoint. The bass is just correct

The fact I can say they are on par with my onkyo dp x1a DAP with a £100 custom null audio cable to my etimotics er4 xrs is a huge testiment to them. That's over £1000 setup that's now resigned to playing at home.

I still can't decide between the dali Oberon 5 speakers to atc 7's because the dali sound in general is so enjoyable. Dali really do punch above their weight, and now with these headphones also.

I think you may be right. In fact, the bass can be reproduced perfectly and I just used headphones with too much bass for a long time, that's why I have such an impression.

I will add that I am quite happy with build quality, we have plastic here, but the hinges are metal. I would also prefer real leather, but this one seems to be ok.
I have Carmel versions and it's beautiful.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #139 of 1,056
F* it. Ordered them. :D
I hope that this 335€ is well spent

I really don't think you will be disappointed. I'd just add, don't judge them straight away. It might take a little to 'tune in' to the dali sound but has others have said, they are just right, precise and spacious.

Not sure but do these have 'burn in' to people who have them as well? I swear they are getting better over time, or maybe it's just me appreciating them more I listen and testing so many genres now.

Speaking of genres, need test out a bit of coil on them, music to listen to in the dark should be amazing on these

Oct 31, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #140 of 1,056
I receiving dali io-6 today and is big disappointment. The bass is not correct, is little quantity and isn't realistic in my opinion. I don't having h9 3g now (4 months ago yes) but is similar sound from my memory, maybe I preferring h9 3g. I have mw65 now too and is bass light in my opinion but is having more bass than dali. The dali is also having strange hollow sound. mw65 is better in the complete frequency than dali in the bass, mids and the treble. Even I don't liking completely mw65 I think is better headphone than dali definitely. mw65 is better construction in all the aspects too, and is having leather headband and ear cups. Its looks better in the head because is more small with beautiful design. For me dali is looking like $200 headphone. The touch controls isn't easy to control the volume up and down, it going pause in many times.

The anc of dali with my fan in high position (this is lot of wind and loud) isn't very good, is similar with sennheiser m3.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #141 of 1,056
I wouldn't be so quickly dismissive of them. Try them a little longer and give them a chance. But by the sounds of it, you personally prefer heavy bass. Nothing wrong with that, I used to back in my 'techno' days. Personal preference is a huge thing that can't be quantified either.

Build quality will show over time so will see but they seem great to me. But I've come from in ears so don't have anything really compare them to.

I agree with the anc thing, doesn't really do much but they block out sound well enough anyways personally. Again, this will vary with different people/locations.

I'm sorry your first impressions are bad but as mentioned, give them a chance before returning. Give them a good run over the weekend

Oct 31, 2019 at 7:58 AM Post #142 of 1,056
I agree with the anc thing, doesn't really do much but they block out sound well enough anyways personally. Again, this will vary with different people/locations.

So is a consensus forming that the ANC is not particularly effective? I am looking for ANC which is better than my H9i to use exclusively on airline flights

Oct 31, 2019 at 8:05 AM Post #145 of 1,056
I wouldn't be so quickly dismissive of them. Try them a little longer and give them a chance. But by the sounds of it, you personally prefer heavy bass. Nothing wrong with that, I used to back in my 'techno' days. Personal preference is a huge thing that can't be quantified either.

Build quality will show over time so will see but they seem great to me. But I've come from in ears so don't have anything really compare them to.

I'm sorry your first impressions are bad but as mentioned, give them a chance before returning. Give them a good run over the weekend

Thank you for the opinion to giving dali a chance. Unfortunately because is my experience I know the sound will not changing and becoming good in 3 days or 3 weeks. The mw65 is similar sound signature but very more correct in all of the frequencies.

Now in this moment I have with me px7, dali, mw65, m3 wireless, the new beats solo pro, the new airpods pro and the b&w p7 wireless. I try in the past bose qc35 II, nc700, Sony xm2 and b&o h8, h9i and h9 3g an px.

Is easy saying people don't liking dali, h9i, h9 3g or mw65 is people bassheads. Is two types of target curve that the some manufacturers trying reproducing: Diffuse field and Harman target. Etymotic sound is diffuse field and p7 wireless and m3 wireless is more close with Harman target. For me Harman target is more close to the reality of the speakers sound in flat sound.

The new airpods pro is sounding better in my opinion than dali, mw65, h9i and h9 3g. But m3 wireless and p7 wireless is better sound than new airpods pro. Yes, the new airpods pro is very good. This is very big surprise for me, and the anc is incredible.

I have many experience with different headphones, dali construction is good but isn't great, isn't like 400 euros headphone, is more like 200 euros. b&o headphones is very better construction and m3 wireless and p7 wireless too, and even the px7 and px too. New beats solo pro is better construction too.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #146 of 1,056
Is easy saying people don't liking dali, h9i, h9 3g or mw65 is people bassheads. Is two types of target curve that the some manufacturers trying reproducing: Diffuse field and Harman target. Etymotic sound is diffuse filed and p7 wireless and m3 wireless is more close with Harman target. For me Harman target is more close to the reality of the speakers sound inflations sound.

That's an interesting point there. I guess I'm really into the diffuse field method. That actually makes alot of sense to me.

I chose etymotics over shures, ultimate ears and many other more expensive models. You've actually answered a few things I couldn't put my finger on there. Thank you for that

Oct 31, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #147 of 1,056
Thank you for the opinion to giving dali a chance. Unfortunately because is my experience I know the sound will not changing and becoming good in 3 days or 3 weeks. The mw65 is similar sound signature but very more correct in all of the frequencies.

Now in this moment I have with me px7, dali, mw65, m3 wireless, the new beats solo pro, the new airpods pro and the b&w p7 wireless. I try in the past bose qc35 II, nc700, Sony xm2 and b&o h8, h9i and h9 3g an px.

Is easy saying people don't liking dali, h9i, h9 3g or mw65 is people bassheads. Is two types of target curve that the some manufacturers trying reproducing: Diffuse field and Harman target. Etymotic sound is diffuse field and p7 wireless and m3 wireless is more close with Harman target. For me Harman target is more close to the reality of the speakers sound in flat sound.

The new airpods pro is sounding better in my opinion than dali, mw65, h9i and h9 3g. But m3 wireless and p7 wireless is better sound than new airpods pro. Yes, the new airpods pro is very good. This is very big surprise for me, and the anc is incredible.

I have many experience with different headphones, dali construction is good but isn't great, isn't like 400 euros headphone, is more like 200 euros. b&o headphones is very better construction and m3 wireless and p7 wireless too, and even the px7 and px too. New beats solo pro is better construction too.
So in a nutshell you will be sending back all the headphones except for the m3 which you will be keeping along with your p7 wireless?

Oct 31, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #148 of 1,056
So in a nutshell you will be sending back all the headphones except for the m3 which you will be keeping along with your p7 wireless?

Yes I keeping sennheiser m3 and I having p7 wireless 3 years and I keeping because is my favourite sound. And I keeping too the new airpods pro, this is incredible product from apple.

Oct 31, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #149 of 1,056
I find it works well with the music on.. I am using it mostly in a living room where it blocks out the tv and children fine.

I have that exact same experience!

But, I compared them, without music, with the Sony WH-1000XM3 in an office environment and it was only slightly less effective, more in the range of 90% vs 100%

I've had the H9i's as well, and find the IO6 much more comfortable, and soundwise they are both great.

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #150 of 1,056
Yes I keeping sennheiser m3 and I having p7 wireless 3 years and I keeping because is my favourite sound. And I keeping too the new airpods pro, this is incredible product from apple.
I had the new AirPods free with my iPhone 11 max pro but never even unwrapped them selling them to a friend. Never mind I just can't wear inner earphones haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back