DACMagic Plus Impressions
Mar 16, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #346 of 428
Hi, Greetings from Croatia!
I need help about installing CA DacMagic Plus with Foobar2000.
1. CA+ is set in USB mode 2.
2. ASIO: CA USB ASIO 2 is the main output ASIO Driver.
Led lamp is always standing in the same position 44.1 khz, even though playing the record 19.2 khz. Foobar shows 19.2 khz but not DacMagic Plus.
I think I correctly install ISO2DSF v1.2.2 but still the same problem.
I plays the tracks from 192 kHz, Foobar recognizes, but CA Dac led is still standing at the position 44.1 hz.
I enclose a picture.
Redirecting

Redirecting

Redirecting

Am I mistaken in setting Foobar or in setting CA+?
greetings,
Damir

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #347 of 428
Hi, Greetings from Croatia!
I need help about installing CA DacMagic Plus with Foobar2000.
1. CA+ is set in USB mode 2.
2. ASIO: CA USB ASIO 2 is the main output ASIO Driver.
Led lamp is always standing in the same position 44.1 khz, even though playing the record 19.2 khz. Foobar shows 19.2 khz but not DacMagic Plus.
I think I correctly install ISO2DSF v1.2.2 but still the same problem.
I plays the tracks from 192 kHz, Foobar recognizes, but CA Dac led is still standing at the position 44.1 hz.
I enclose a picture.
Redirecting

Redirecting

Redirecting

Am I mistaken in setting Foobar or in setting CA+?
greetings,
Damir

What ISO2DSF?

Mar 17, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #348 of 428
What ISO2DSF?

New version ISO2DSF v1.2.2 contains the following changes:

1. Added support for language specific characters in metadata. ID3v2 tags are now coded in Unicode.
  2. Improved readability of created album folder name and DSF track file names, if they contain language specific characters.
  3. Improved displaying language specific characters in the Command Prompt window.
  4. Only standard ASCII characters are now allowed in the path to iso2dsf.exe and the path to ISO file. This handling was added, because sacd_extract doesn't support non-ascii characters in ISO path.

Download: https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...W9nNVNiRjNNT1k

Mar 17, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #350 of 428
So you trying to play SACD ISO files which are basically DSD? Sorry have no experience with that

Redirecting

It's not about what I want to play, Foobar2000 all formats recognized and processed.
The problem is that the LED indicator on the DacMagic Plus (it does not matter what the current output record play 44, 48, 88, 96 or 192 format) always and constantly standing in the same position of 44.1
h !!!

Mar 17, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #353 of 428
I've been using a 9 year old AlienDAC since my Musical Fidelity M1 stopped working for no reason, am excited to possibly get this.

My M1 DAC stopped working after a power outage, please PM me if you're technically inclined and know a possible solution.

If anyone knows a good USB that's a DAC only around $350-500 that would be better, please let me know. I've missed a lot and it's overwhelming trying to sort through all of the choices.

Apr 17, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #355 of 428
"The first dilemma was deciding upon an input method, the Cambridge DacMagic comes with it's own
USB cable but I was aware of the USB input's limitations (capped at 16 44/48). Hence I decided
to use the Audiophilleo 1 USB to SPDIF converter, just in case ~ after much deliberation early
on in the test, I reverted back to using USB to USB for both the DacMagic Plus and Nuforce Icon HDP.
This was primarily because the Cambridge is a native upsampler and once connected via Coax
will lock you into upsampling any material to 192Khz ~ this proved to be detrimental on most test
tracks to my ears."

Wait...

So with USB input, you are limited to 16 bit, 44/48k???? Or is that only with USB 1.0?

And it up-samples everything to 192Khz? There is no way to have it convert/play a file that is 24/96 @ 24/96? Or am I misreading the above?

Apr 17, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #357 of 428
How no idea what I you talking about. If you ran Windows install the driver from their website and make sure you have USB 2.0 cable

That quote I posted is from this thread. Someone said "USB input's limitations (capped at 16 44/48)." Maybe that person was using USB 1.0? I don't know. That's why I asked.

Also I have a Mac. So I'm guessing no drivers or anything to fuss with. I'm just curious because I'm considering this unit, along with a few others:

Parasound ZDAC
Stealth DC-1
Matrix Mini-i Pro
Music Hall 25.3

Apr 29, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #359 of 428
Ok everyone, I have the non-plus version of the DacMagic and am having an issue. For some reason, I cannot allow higher resolution than 48k to go to the Dac through USB from my PC. I can send 96k to my speakers if I want, but when using the DacMagic as my audio device it only allows 44.1k and 48k. What can I do to fix this issue? The driver is up to date according to windows. 

Nevermind, found it right on the Cambridge site. Derp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back