D2+?
Dec 20, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #17 of 18

Quote:
wts the difference in using a LOD or a jack to jack connection if the ipod dac is not bypassed??...waste of money to buy the LOD?
confussseddd :S!

Yes, you are confused.

1. mini-to-mini cable : you are 'double amping' the headphone out on your ipod.
2. LOD - you are taking the analog signal (stronger than the signal from your headphone out) straight from the iPod, bypassing the internal amp and getting a cleaner,stronger signal

Is it worth it ? If you dont pay hundreds of dollars for your LOD, and you are willing to pay for a decent amp, absolutely. You can even use your iPod with higher end desktop kit if and when you get that far up the expenditure ladder.  

This should be a sticky - it seems to be asked by every newbie from Mumbai to Memphis.

Dec 21, 2011 at 4:01 AM Post #18 of 18
according to baka, the D2+ cant bypass the DAC of the ipod so even if u use a LOD, the sound will already b amped??? :S

Quote:
Even with an LOD using the iBasso still uses the internal DAC chip of the iTouch. The Wadia and several other docs bypass the DAC.
When I used the iBasso for my iPod, I did so knowingly but also used it's DAC for my laptop. or my iPod, I did so knowingly but also used it's DAC for my laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back