D.C. Area Meet (Sunday, August 30, 2015) - part of CanMania @ Capital Audio Fest (CAF) 2015
Jul 7, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #17 of 234
Hm, I'd forgotten about this event, gotta get a UPS for my Yggy...

Jul 9, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #18 of 234
  You mind if we communicate off of Head-fi? For Meet you would set up tables etc? If you want to do more for the weekend that would be great too. 

capitalaudiofest@gmail.com 

Sent an email with my head-fi username, haven't gotten a response.  Just wanted to check that you received it.

Jul 13, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #19 of 234

Jul 27, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #21 of 234
Has a room been designated yet? I did not see it on the schedule....maybe I missed it.

Jul 27, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #22 of 234
What are the requirements to attend one of these meets?

Edit: Stupid grammar mistake.

No requirements, just show up and respect people's equipment while you're there.  You might want to bring your own music and your own headphones so you have music and a playback system you're familiar with to compare with other stuff you try.

Jul 30, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #23 of 234
I've been checking the vendor list and all I see is Woo Audio and WyWires in terms of head-fi. I no longer see any reference to CanMania on the CAF site, so I'm wondering how things are going. Last year, it was an amazing event--really comprehensive with tons of equipment. CanJam London is scheduled for the same weekend; hopefully it won't mess with us too much.

Jul 30, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #24 of 234
I've been checking the vendor list and all I see is Woo Audio and WyWires in terms of head-fi. I no longer see any reference to CanMania on the CAF site, so I'm wondering how things are going. Last year, it was an amazing event--really comprehensive with tons of equipment. CanJam London is scheduled for the same weekend; hopefully it won't mess with us too much.

I kind of expected CanJam to interfere with this even unfortunately. I guess the meet is going to be the beat place to try headphones.

Jul 31, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #25 of 234

Vinnie Rossi (of LIO/Red Wine Audio), Microshar (they make various portable electronics), and Urban HiFi (online retailer of David Berning's new MicroZOTL 2) are also on the exhibitor list.

And yeah it's kinda odd that the CAF site doesn't mention CanMania anymore. Judging from that and the lack of activity in this thread by the event organizer, particularly when the event is just 4 weeks away, it seems like they canceled CanMania and the "meet" isn't likely to happen now....

Aug 1, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #28 of 234
@gandhisfist

Did you ever hear back from Gary Gill about helping out with the meet?

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions until we hear from Gary. All we need for the meet is some space and some tables, so it's probably going on as planned. The number of head-fi vendors is another question.

Aug 2, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #29 of 234
@gandhisfist

Did you ever hear back from Gary Gill about helping out with the meet?

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions until we hear from Gary. All we need for the meet is some space and some tables, so it's probably going on as planned. The number of head-fi vendors is another question.

No, still haven't heard word from Gary regarding the meet.

Aug 4, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #30 of 234

Vinnie Rossi (of LIO/Red Wine Audio), Microshar (they make various portable electronics), and Urban HiFi (online retailer of David Berning's new MicroZOTL 2) are also on the exhibitor list.

And yeah it's kinda odd that the CAF site doesn't mention CanMania anymore. Judging from that and the lack of activity in this thread by the event organizer, particularly when the event is just 4 weeks away, it seems like they canceled CanMania and the "meet" isn't likely to happen now....

That's insanely dissapointing. I was really looking forward to an east coast event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back