D.C. Area Meet (Sunday, August 30, 2015) - part of CanMania @ Capital Audio Fest (CAF) 2015
Aug 14, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #93 of 234
Hey, I'm over in Montgomery County and never really knew about these things,  I'd totally love to attend, can someone fill me in on what goes on etc?  I'd really appreciate it a lot.

Thanks, Matthew

Aug 14, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #94 of 234
  Hey, I'm over in Montgomery County and never really knew about these things,  I'd totally love to attend, can someone fill me in on what goes on etc?  I'd really appreciate it a lot.

Thanks, Matthew

Mostly its just a casual meet up where people bring some gear of their own and we talk about headphones and music.  Its great if you're in the market for new headphones because you'll get to try out a good selection of stuff, and you can bring your own stuff to compare what you already have.  Usually good to bring your own music too just so you have a way to see what music you're familiar with sounds like on different systems compared to what you're used to also.

Aug 14, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #95 of 234
That's really cool.  I am looking to acquire a pair of HD 600s so that's cool too.  Where do you guys meet?

Aug 14, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #96 of 234
It'll be at the Hilton in Rockville: 1750 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852

The head-fi meet is scheduled to be in the Plaza 3 ballroom on Sunday the 30th from 10AM to 4PM.  the normal entrance fee to the show for the day is $20, but if you mention the phrase "Amar sent me" at the ticket booth, you can get a ticket for $10.

Aug 14, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #97 of 234
That's awesome, I'm from Takoma Park so I can just hop on the beltway.  Like the secret code.  Do most people bring a bit of cash for purchases?

Aug 14, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #98 of 234
  That's awesome, I'm from Takoma Park so I can just hop on the beltway.  Like the secret code.  Do most people bring a bit of cash for purchases?

You can, but I don't know whether or not people will have gear there for sale.  People do sometimes bring gear that is for sale though.

Aug 14, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #99 of 234
Probably better not to, prevents impulse buys.  I'm looking forward to this, audio is my obsession.  Is there a thread just for DMV people to post in?  Or do you just post events?

Aug 14, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #100 of 234
I've asked Dr. Cavalli if we can get a Liquid Carbon for the meet. I'll update here if that's gonna happen. I'm also going to ask Schiit if we can demo some of the new Schiit--unlikely since we don't get any east coast love, but WTH--it doesn;t hurt to ask.

Aug 15, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #101 of 234
  I've asked Dr. Cavalli if we can get a Liquid Carbon for the meet. I'll update here if that's gonna happen. I'm also going to ask Schiit if we can demo some of the new Schiit--unlikely since we don't get any east coast love, but WTH--it doesn;t hurt to ask.

Either would be great.  I'm interested in some of those solid state tube replacements for my Lyr 2.

Aug 15, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #102 of 234

Either would be great.  I'm interested in some of those solid state tube replacements for my Lyr 2.

Did you already order the LISST 
biggrin.gif

Seems I came in too low on Valhalla and Bifrost. Upgrade decisions to be made 
frown.gif

Aug 15, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #103 of 234
I don't know if it is possible or not, as I've never been to a meet before, but maybe we could make a list of gear people are bringing, especially for those of us who are far away and such. Is that doable?

Aug 15, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #104 of 234
I had hoped to bring more interesting goodies, and I am still holding out hope.
As of today:

1. iPhone6+ w/ Tidal playback through HRT microStreamer
  2. Pono
  3. HiFiMan HE-400S
  4. NAD VISO HP50

I'm really looking forward to hearing the Yggdrasil, unless I pick up a Multibit in the next two weeks 
cool.gif

Aug 16, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #105 of 234
I don't know if it is possible or not, as I've never been to a meet before, but maybe we could make a list of gear people are bringing, especially for those of us who are far away and such. Is that doable?

I'll be bringing my full gear list:

Hifiman HE-560, HE-400i and HE-500
AKG K712, K7XX and K553
Oppo PM-1
Audeze EL-8C

Audio-GD NFB-15
Audio-GD NFB-10.33
Schiit Lyr 2 / Uber Bifrost USB Gen 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back