D.C. Area Meet (Sunday, August 30, 2015) - part of CanMania @ Capital Audio Fest (CAF) 2015
Aug 16, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #106 of 234
  Did you already order the LISST 
biggrin.gif

Seems I came in too low on Valhalla and Bifrost. Upgrade decisions to be made 
frown.gif

Yes, I ordered the LISST today, though I've heard it actually ups the noise floor compared to normal tubes.  I am hoping they bring multibit to bifrost soon.  The whole point of bifrost was to be upgradeable, so I don't see why they wouldn't unless they absolutely couldn't.

Aug 16, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #107 of 234
My list is :
Audeze 3 Phazor
Sennheiser hd 800 "if they don't sell first"
Dark Voice 336 se with different tubes to roll
Apex Peak Volcano Also with tubes to roll
A&K 240 loaded
IBasso Dx-100 Loaded with music (for Sale)
Chord Cordette
2 Ray Samuels designs one with d/a
several headphone ,Interconnects and power  cables 

Aug 16, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #108 of 234
If I get to come, which as of now I can, however it will depend on how my wife is feeling that day (7ish months preggz), but my list is:

- Sony Z7
- Zune HD (if I can't sell it first)

Aug 17, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #109 of 234
Heard back from Schiit about loaners for the meet--no Schiit for you! No response at all from Cavalli. I think I'll try Mr. speakers and see if we can get turned down for an Ether and Ether Carbon. :cool:

Aug 18, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #113 of 234
Count me in to attend but I won't bring gear this time - except I'll carry my new Schiit Fulla in a shirt pocket if anyone wants to hear it on their laptop.

Ooh, that should be nice to hear. I've been using the headphone jack on my work laptop, and it's a bit underwhelming. If the fulla sounds good out of my Surface pro, it should sound good out of just about anything.

Aug 18, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #114 of 234
I have a pile of Schiit that is soon bound for eBay "heaven". The Fulla is in this pile, and I can certainly keep it away from eBay for 2-weeks. I normally have no intention of buying or selling anything at any of these meets - I'm here strictly to listen and participate in the real, live, human part of the headphone community. But I still thought it makes sense that I should mention it.

Aug 18, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #115 of 234
Quote:

Ooh, that should be nice to hear. I've been using the headphone jack on my work laptop, and it's a bit underwhelming. If the fulla sounds good out of my Surface pro, it should sound good out of just about anything.

The Fulla uses the same AKM4396 DAC as my Audioengine D1 for which I paid about $120 (lightly used) almost 2 years ago. The two use different opamps in the output stage and the D1 also has an optical input, but on paper they look roughly similar as USB DAC/amps. The Fulla costs a good bit less and either should crush your laptop's headphone jack. I use the D1 with my work laptop because it's true plug & play without needing any special drivers (unlike my iFi iDSD Nano), which I wouldn't be allowed to install without submitting a ticket and/or phoning the help desk in India. I'm not in the market for a Fulla but I might be interested in hearing one just for S&Gs.

For the meet I will bring at least the following:
iFi iDSD Nano
Bottlehead Crack
HD650
AKG K553
"Probably" the Audioengine D1 if I remember to bring it home from work

Aug 18, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #116 of 234
Is anyone bringing the Phillips X2's? Would like to compare as many sub $500 headphones to my DT990 Premium 600ohms. I won't be setting up anything though. Plus I will try to visit the speakers, so not fully dedicated as I was at the last head-fi meet. Listening to the LCD 3's should be a treat :)

Aug 19, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #117 of 234
If no one else brings a HD600, I'd appreciate it if you could bring one.

No sweat, will bring one.

My Fulla is sounding very fine.  Have just had it for 2 days, but so far so good.  It replaced a lost/stolen AQ Dragonfly 1.2, and the Schiit is at least as good, and maybe better all around.

I have a pile of Schiit that is soon bound for eBay "heaven". The Fulla is in this pile, and I can certainly keep it away from eBay for 2-weeks. I normally have no intention of buying or selling anything at any of these meets - I'm here strictly to listen and participate in the real, live, human part of the headphone community. But I still thought it makes sense that I should mention it.

Sheldaze, you got the AH-D2000 I see.  Like 'em?

Aug 19, 2015 at 3:39 AM Post #118 of 234
  Sheldaze, you got the AH-D2000 I see.  Like 'em?

Yes! Loved them at the meet - and love them still. I'm not invested in anything outrageous - like I bought and sold AKG Q701 headphones since the meet, which simply weren't to my liking. I have however changed my front end kit, and would love for you guys to have a listen through your own headphones. I just hope the timing of a recent purchase, and perhaps a change of schedule of my family get together will allow for me to bring a full setup. I will let you know!

Aug 19, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #119 of 234
Yes! Loved them at the meet - and love them still. I'm not invested in anything outrageous - like I bought and sold AKG Q701 headphones since the meet, which simply weren't to my liking. I have however changed my front end kit, and would love for you guys to have a listen through your own headphones. I just hope the timing of a recent purchase, and perhaps a change of schedule of my family get together will allow for me to bring a full setup. I will let you know!

I had the similar AKG K702 for a couple years and never warmed up to them. Later on I did the bass mod to them, and it helped, but still never loved them despite their strengths. Sold them for a fair price and put that towards Sennheisers, which do make me happy!

Aug 19, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #120 of 234
Is someone bringing the Schiit Asgard 2? I currently use the Yulong A800 class A amp, it is very neutral, clean, extremely powerful, but with the DT990's sounds to bright so I want something warmer. Thinking about the Asgard 2 or Valhalla 2. Love the pre amp functionality for my monitors as well. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back