Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jul 16, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #1,411 of 1,788
Announcement from Cypher Labs: AlgoRhythm Solo –dB plays high resolution tracks on Android devices.

Tracks of resolutions up to 24/192 now play from Android devices through the AlgoRhythm Solo –dB, at full resolution in asynchronous mode. Simply load tracks, or entire folders of tracks, onto a micro SD card, connect the devices and play tracks using a USB audio application USB Audio Recorder Pro.

Get the full details here http://cypherlabs.com/blog/post/android-devices-play-high-resolution-audio-using-the-algorhythm-solo-db

Thanks,

David Maudlin
Cypher Labs

Jul 17, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #1,412 of 1,788
Quote:
Announcement from Cypher Labs: AlgoRhythm Solo –dB plays high resolution tracks on Android devices.

Tracks of resolutions up to 24/192 now play from Android devices through the AlgoRhythm Solo –dB, at full resolution in asynchronous mode. Simply load tracks, or entire folders of tracks, onto a micro SD card, connect the devices and play tracks using a USB audio application USB Audio Recorder Pro.

Get the full details here http://cypherlabs.com/blog/post/android-devices-play-high-resolution-audio-using-the-algorhythm-solo-db

Thanks,

David Maudlin
Cypher Labs

Wha? Was there a new firmware update or has this always been possible?

Jul 22, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #1,416 of 1,788
Quote:
Why do i always see a picture of the iphone stacked with the cypher labs solo? Dont you need another external amp to make it work right? And says in the Manuel too.is it just for show?

An iPhone 5 yes and no. An iPhone 4S or later you can use it with a CLAS. If you buy an aftermarket interconnect with the lightening connector you can also use the iPhone 5.

Jul 23, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #1,418 of 1,788
An iPhone 5 yes and no. An iPhone 4S or later you can use it with a CLAS. If you buy an aftermarket interconnect with the lightening connector you can also use the iPhone 5.

I don't understand this. It works with iPhone 5 or 4s equally. Either one you need to buy an after market cable. I use it normally with an iPod classic with one aftermarket cable and iphone 5 with another. My clas came with a long 30 pin cable that is not really useable portable due to its length so you have to buy another cable unlike the fostex that comes with a short one.

Jul 23, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #1,419 of 1,788
We're all over complicating the answer. The iPhone 4S and later all have the old pin DOC connection therefore you don't to have to buy the Apple adapter to hook it to the CLAS and you don't have to buy an aftermarket cable because the cable interconnect comes with the CLAS. The iPhone 5 has a lightening connection therefore you'll have to buy an aftermarket cable to connect it to the CLAS or get the Apple adapter. To my knowledge Cypher Labs still doesn't provide a lightening connector. If they now do it's news to me. Mine came with 2 short interconnects for the old school Apple pin connector. I use mine with my Classic.

Jul 23, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #1,420 of 1,788
Okay, i have the CLAS -R about two and a half months old and the only cable it came with was a long one that is well over a foot and a half-no short interconnect.  I called David and he said that he had to include that per Apples agreement and that of course we would have to buy a  short after market cable unless using it with an ipad or something.  So I had to buy a short 30 pin-actually bought two and i bought a lightning.  I guess the confusion is that maybe one time they came with a short cable.  I was blown away that it didn't come with one and that's why i contacted David about it.  He suggested an ALO cable, sent me several options if i didn't want to carry around that long cable. At least the HP-P1 comes with the short cable.   Maybe the db version is different or the older CLAS.

Edit=Pretty long cable for your pocket.

Jul 23, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #1,421 of 1,788
I ordered from TTVJ and mine came with 2 short old school Apple pin cables. Also, mine was the model that had it's output reduced so it would pair better with the ALO RX MKIII-B. I bought mine shortly after ALO parted company with Cypher Labs. I don't know, someone along the way decided to change the package contents maybe. All I know is I had 2 short cables.

Jul 23, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #1,422 of 1,788
Is there any idea why ALO and Cypher split?  I've been curious as to who makes the ALO amps and the Solo DAC since they look like they are produced in the same place. I'm wondering if the appearance similarities are going to end anytime soon.

Jul 23, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #1,423 of 1,788
Quote:
Is there any idea why ALO and Cypher split?  I've been curious as to who makes the ALO amps and the Solo DAC since they look like they are produced in the same place. I'm wondering if the appearance similarities are going to end anytime soon.

No idea, nobodies saying anything or at least not publicly. I'm more curious how ALO is going to proceed with their RX amp line now that Cypher Labs isn't part of the game plan. Will they come out with their own DAC or will they even continue on with the RX amp, who knows.

Jul 23, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #1,424 of 1,788
The newer CLAS -R is the lower output too I believe.  I guess they kept that output level.  I got the first of the "Fixed" models that eliminated some static problem or something.  I heard of the problem with the Pico Power that i had recently gotten and so was interested since it was indeed fixed.  You are lucky yours came with cables because they aren't cheap.  I got a Moon cable and a Venturecraft cable(30 pin).  Also got a different cheap lightning cable and then a Venturecraft lightning cable too because configuration was better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back