Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jun 7, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #1,382 of 1,789
after a long-nighttime listen to both clas -db withou amp and clas -db+glacier i do feel the sound comming straight out of clas is very clean,detail......but lifeless,sense of ss or 3d atmosphere is quite flat or i may say empty...........did any1 feel the same as i do?

Jun 7, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #1,383 of 1,789
I've seen it vary tremendously with my different headphones. It seems either the line-out of the -dB synergizes or it doesn't. With my Heaven V it does not. With my Sig Pro, it cleans everything up, increases the soundstage width, and refines the high keeping the bass in line. Totally depends, but it's worth the shot, and I'm glad you tried it!

PS. I use my -dB with my computer as well as my iDevices. I am so glad I don't have to carry around an extra DAC for my work computer. What a bonus. 

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #1,384 of 1,789
well I just got the new -R, I had the first versio with the lower vrm output, I didn't like it out of the box, but after 50 or so hours of playtime it really started to come around and I really really really started to fall in love with the sound, but with not being able to use any of my amps with it I had to return it to Todd at TTVJ? ggggrrrrrr ugh, lol,

and so the wait began? nothing nadda, even David from Cypher said they wouldn't be doing any updates to the -R? wha? nnoooo, this can not be? so I started to call in some markers, and the thumb twisting began, yea right well I had alot of wishful thinking and word on Head-Fi came thru that YEA! they where going to update the new -R after all dbl. YEA!! and what seems like eons later it is finally here back in my sweet little hands version 3? well anyways I have it back, I haven't test run it with anything other then my Vorzuge ampDou, and my my my may I say it is a dream come true, a little out of the gate, and will say more later, but I wanted to drop a dime here on Head-Fi as to what I am hearing,

I am not tech savy so it is all subjective, but the sound of the new revision has an awesome and full soundstage, the earlier versions soundstage was big but a little on the thin side, not anymore, and gobs of detail, a great match along with my ASG-1.2s, my jaw dropped as I played my first tune on her, not what I was expecting, nothing like the earlier versions first experience/song, so cudos to David and the gang at Cypher for again raising the bar in audio! good luck to all the competion out there, they have alot of catching up to do?

and the icing on the cake for me is David gave me a discount on rebuying the -R from Todd at TTVJ! so that is awesome customer support! Thanks David!

amps I will try along with the -R, Practical Devices XM5, C&C xo2, GS Voyager, Lisa3, and the RX MKII, but I have no doubts that the -R will play awesome with all of them!  

Happy Listening Everyone! lordy know I will be!   

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #1,385 of 1,789
Yes, I got one of the first two of the fixed models that came thru. Pairs very well with both the Lisa lll and Pico Power. Took me a bit to fall into the sound, maybe some burn in or just my ears adapting. Now It is my most used.

Jun 7, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #1,386 of 1,789
Quote:
 so cudos to David and the gang at Cypher for again raising the bar in audio! good luck to all the competion out there, they have alot of catching up to do?

so that is awesome customer support! Thanks David!

Yes, David did a fine job, and his customer service is stellar. 

Quote:
Yes, I got one of the first two of the fixed models that came thru. Pairs very well with both the Lisa lll and Pico Power. Took me a bit to fall into the sound, maybe some burn in or just my ears adapting. Now It is my most used.

Mine as well, by a far margin. 

Jun 9, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #1,387 of 1,789
my combo is : clas+glacier+er4s
the sound comming out of it is very clean,musical in mid section(i think glacier add abit of warmth in its mid),treble is super(really love this,im a treble head).....somehow,i did pair clas with continental v3 (of my friend),and to be honest the v3 is just stunning in ss's depth ,creating such and 3d feeling that i cant find in glacier,its mid is lush,smooth within being sooooo crystal clear,amzing amp(but treble is still glacier own game)

and the clas itself without amp :becoz im using er4s,so i may say the sound is too clean,abit cold therefore im losing the musical feeling,but hell yeh it is worth a try......super-clean stuff =))

Jun 9, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #1,388 of 1,789
i personally feel the CLAS definitly demands lossless audio quality. i felt listening to low medium and high quality mp3 high quality being 320kbps. the CLAS seems to shine with lossless there definitly is a difference in the audio reproduction from mp3 to lossless.

on the other hand, i almost feel like if you are going all out and getting the clas and a high end amp and high end iems's or headphones lossless quality is the only way to truly extract the best quality..........

Jun 11, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #1,389 of 1,789
Quote:
my combo is : clas+glacier+er4s
the sound comming out of it is very clean,musical in mid section(i think glacier add abit of warmth in its mid),treble is super(really love this,im a treble head).....somehow,i did pair clas with continental v3 (of my friend),and to be honest the v3 is just stunning in ss's depth ,creating such and 3d feeling that i cant find in glacier,its mid is lush,smooth within being sooooo crystal clear,amzing amp(but treble is still glacier own game)

and the clas itself without amp :becoz im using er4s,so i may say the sound is too clean,abit cold therefore im losing the musical feeling,but hell yeh it is worth a try......super-clean stuff =))

Well, the CLAS itself doesn't have an amp, so I'm not surprised it's 'super clean'. The signal will warp seriously with any load plugged into it. It is designed to be used with an amp. Just because there is a hole for a 3,5mm jack doesn't mean it 'drives' anything. It's merely pure signal. I've done that before with a couple of 3,5mm line outputs and universally, the sound was off. 

Jun 11, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #1,392 of 1,789
Quote:
I just love the sound coming straight out of my CLAS -db; extremely clean, balanced, detailed and with a perfect sound stage. However, with my FitEar ToGo! 334 the volume is way too loud for any extended listening so I'm forced to use an amp to tame it. The problem is the two amps I have (TTVJ Slim/Rx MK3-B) changes the signature or hisses way too much. The bass becomes somewhat muddy and a slight veil is placed over the entire presentation. I'd kill for a perfectly neutral (preferably portable) amplifier (or some other way) to lower the volume. Please tell me such an amp exists and its name! Thanks!

BTW, I've tried going straight out of my various iDevices (the best being the iPod Touch G4), but they only seem increase the problem. I really need that perfectly neutral amplifier, cause all I want is the CLAS -db sound.

Just use any good quality inline volume attenuator, I got mine with old shure e4s. problem solved.

Jun 17, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #1,394 of 1,789
WARNING TO ALL USER OF CLAS SOLO DB!

Please check your output of your CLAS solo DB. After I use if for a few months only to find out there's large DC voltage at the output, both balance and single ended. Mine read about 280mV. This voltage after amplification through RX3B, it can be as high as 2V at the single ended output (of Rx3B).

David from CLAS claim it will not damage my headphone, but he ask me to send mine back for an exchange with another set. So go figure.

I strong suggest you have your CLAS check for DC voltage.

Mav

Jun 19, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #1,395 of 1,789
WARNING TO ALL USER OF CLAS SOLO DB!

Please check your output of your CLAS solo DB. After I use if for a few months only to find out there's large DC voltage at the output, both balance and single ended. Mine read about 280mV. This voltage after amplification through RX3B, it can be as high as 2V at the single ended output (of Rx3B).

David from CLAS claim it will not damage my headphone, but he ask me to send mine back for an exchange with another set. So go figure.

I strong suggest you have your CLAS check for DC voltage.

Mav

How? With a multimeter? Are you talking about the output voltage or just DC voltage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back