Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
May 18, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #1,351 of 1,793
Quote:
Well ... Having just sold the hpp1 and just purchased the solo r, I will let you know how these two differs or not... I owned the fostex for more than a year so I think I'm gonna be able to remember quite well its sound signature
But I'm disappointed. I was too expecting more slam and impact than the solo when buying the new clas
frown.gif

that impact and slam is what i too was wanting and i was torn between the -r or the original clas and i ended up getting the original clas and now hearing the different reviews between the new and old clas. im glad i went with the old clas to obtain that impact and slam that the wolfson seems to dilvery over the more relaxed less aggressive akm 

May 18, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #1,352 of 1,793
So you should know the difference in battery life between these two...what is it? How about thickness too? I'm gonna pair the clas with the glacier...so maybe the sound signature will come up right after all...
Thanks

May 18, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #1,353 of 1,793
Quote:
So you should know the difference in battery life between these two...what is it? How about thickness too? I'm gonna pair the clas with the glacier...so maybe the sound signature will come up right after all...
Thanks

well I have the CLAS, and it has an extra battery post, and so I hooked up another battery to it, I have yet to have it run out on me, I do charge it form time to time, but the battery life on the CLAS with 2 batteries installed is over 20 hours from my guess, I never ran it down completely to find out exactly how many hours it is, but the -R will charge my iPod! I had the lower out put -R for a while and that was an awesome feature, but not being able to use hardly any of my amps with it made me send it bvack to TTVJ, I wasn't happy to do so, I loved the -Rs sound, which changed quit a bit after some playtime/burn in on it,

HURRY UP Cypher Labs, me want new fixed higher output -R? tick tick tick,
wink_face.gif

May 20, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #1,355 of 1,793
May 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #1,356 of 1,793
I just love the sound coming straight out of my CLAS -db; extremely clean, balanced, detailed and with a perfect sound stage. However, with my FitEar ToGo! 334 the volume is way too loud for any extended listening so I'm forced to use an amp to tame it. The problem is the two amps I have (TTVJ Slim/Rx MK3-B) changes the signature or hisses way too much. The bass becomes somewhat muddy and a slight veil is placed over the entire presentation. I'd kill for a perfectly neutral (preferably portable) amplifier (or some other way) to lower the volume. Please tell me such an amp exists and its name! Thanks!

BTW, I've tried going straight out of my various iDevices (the best being the iPod Touch G4), but they only seem increase the problem. I really need that perfectly neutral amplifier, cause all I want is the CLAS -db sound.

May 31, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #1,360 of 1,793
Jun 3, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #1,361 of 1,793
got my whole setup together and have been listening for a few weeks. i went to all lossless audio files.

Setup:
Westone W4R
BTG_AUDIO Sunrise Cable
ALO Audio RX MK2
ALO Audio SOLO SXC Cable Combo
Cypher Labs Aldorhythm Solo (Original)
Ipod touch 3g 32gb

in short this setup is stunning. 

Jun 3, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #1,362 of 1,793

I sort of forgot to put my review of the -dB up here. In short, it bests the original and, with the inclusion of PC drivers, simply effing rocks. Performance exceeds at least 95% of portable amps out there, possibly more, and digital out beats out 16-bit PCM signals fully. No way to outdo this machine in the portable universe. When that happens, it will be another Cypher Labs product.

Jun 4, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #1,364 of 1,793
How do i know if my clas -db is a 1,21 vrms or 1,69 vrms or 2.0 vrms??????just got it like 2 weeks ago,is it a new version of 2.0 vrms?

Do you have or hear cyberlabs Class solo old version , it is about 2 Vrms

The First cyberlabs - dB was 1,21 Vrms ,if compare to Your Class solo old the gain very small
About 50 - 60 %

The second Batch cyberlabs -dB was improvement to 1,69 Vrms , compare to Your old Class solo old version about 75%

The third Batch cyberlabs - dB was improved as Loud as Your Class solo old version .

If you Dont have Class solo old version m you cab compare to Fostex HP P1 ,
The First 1,21 Vrms and THE second Batch 1,69 Vrms is lower than Fostex HP P1

If you Dont have This Two dac / amp , it is difficult to Know

If Your about 2 weeks , could Be the latest version 2,0 Vrms

It is better please send email to David cyberlabs With Your serien number

Good Luck

Jun 4, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #1,365 of 1,793
Quote:
Do you have or hear cyberlabs Class solo old version , it is about 2 Vrms

The First cyberlabs - dB was 1,21 Vrms ,if compare to Your Class solo old the gain very small
About 50 - 60 %

The second Batch cyberlabs -dB was improvement to 1,69 Vrms , compare to Your old Class solo old version about 75%

The third Batch cyberlabs - dB was improved as Loud as Your Class solo old version .

If you Dont have Class solo old version m you cab compare to Fostex HP P1 ,
The First 1,21 Vrms and THE second Batch 1,69 Vrms is lower than Fostex HP P1

If you Dont have This Two dac / amp , it is difficult to Know

If Your about 2 weeks , could Be the latest version 2,0 Vrms

It is better please send email to David cyberlabs With Your serien number

Good Luck

Thankx alot ,Rudi,it's really helpful........by the way my s/n CLAS02260,any1 confirm on those s/n within a clas 2,0vrms?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back