Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo - Discussion and Impressions Thread
May 11, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #1,321 of 1,793
David is truly a class act.

May 14, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #1,322 of 1,793
Hi guys, I have a question with regards to the Original AlgoRhythm Solo I have just bought to go with an Rx Mk3-B......

Does anybody know if this work with the latest iPad Versions, i.e. iPad4. Also if it does, does anybody know where I can get a Lightening to USB LOD, ideally a longer version?

May 14, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #1,323 of 1,793
Hi guys, I have a question with regards to the Original AlgoRhythm Solo I have just bought to go with an Rx Mk3-B......

Does anybody know if this work with the latest iPad Versions, i.e. iPad4. Also if it does, does anybody know where I can get a Lightening to USB LOD, ideally a longer version?
Included in the dB, there should be aiUSB to miniUSB adapter that you can use with the standard charging cable. You didn't get one of those?

May 14, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #1,324 of 1,793
Thanks for the reply, but I think you misunderstood my question.....first of all I have an Original AlgoRhythm Solo not the -R or the -DB.

My question was not how to connect my iPad to the Solo but whether the original solo's work with newer iPad's......

Regards
jason

May 14, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #1,325 of 1,793
Thanks for the reply, but I think you misunderstood my question.....first of all I have an Original AlgoRhythm Solo not the -R or the -DB.

My question was not how to connect my iPad to the Solo but whether the original solo's work with newer iPad's......

Regards
jason
Oh...my bad. Apologies. Good Q. I have the original Solo too but no Lightning iDevices (yet)?

May 14, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #1,326 of 1,793
I just tested an iPhone 5 and the original Solo, works great.  I would assume that proves that the latest iPads should work as well.

I'm no help on cables... I just used a USB to 30 pin connector I have and added the Thunderbolt connector to it.  It just happened to be what I had in my bag.

Quote:

May 14, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #1,327 of 1,793
Cheers Shipsupt,

That sounds like the answer I was looking for :) one would assume the iPad4 will work it as well then.

Not to worried about the cable because I could get an adapter, but also noticed there are a couple of companies that produce specific lightning to USB cables, which are also slightly longer than standard (circa 30cm).

May 14, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #1,328 of 1,793
There are a few Lightning cable posts earlier in this thread and on the Lightning thread in the Cables section

Quote:
I just tested an iPhone 5 and the original Solo, works great.  I would assume that proves that the latest iPads should work as well.

Have you not tested it with the lightning usb cable that came with the iPhone? Putting aside that you invested in the LOD

May 15, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #1,330 of 1,793
I have not tried it, and I didn't have one with me.  I don't use the CLAS with my iPhone so I have not tried many options.  I just happened to have this stuff in my bag for other gear/reasons and was able to run the test.  I'll give it a try when I can.
Quote:

Have you not tested it with the lightning usb cable that came with the iPhone? Putting aside that you invested in the LOD

May 16, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #1,332 of 1,793
Hi, what is the quality like of the CLAS-supplied 30pin-to-USB(A) short wire? Is it worth upgrading?

May 16, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #1,333 of 1,793
Hi all
I have open question for all . Why cyberlabs use mini usb for cyberlabs class -dB ?

Why they are not using normal usb like class solo old ?

Note: normal usb to lod has more postive point to use it like:

I can solder thicker cable diameter
With mini usb can use only smaller cable dimension.

Please advise

Thank you

May 16, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #1,334 of 1,793
Quote:
Hi, what is the quality like of the CLAS-supplied 30pin-to-USB(A) short wire? Is it worth upgrading?

The one that was supplied with mine broke pretty early on, that's why I replaced it.  The plastic 30 pin plug came apart, it was super cheap construction.

Quote:

Tested the USB-Lightning cable that was supplied with the iPhone 5 to the original CLAS..  It works great.

May 16, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #1,335 of 1,793
The one that was supplied with mine broke pretty early on, that's why I replaced it.  The plastic 30 pin plug came apart, it was super cheap construction.

I guess that's why my Solo-R came with two cables. I'm a bit surprised that yours broke so easily as I would have thought that the CLAS being such a good premium product, they wouldn't skimp on an el cheapo wire. I guess I have to start looking for a good quality wire then. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back