CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Feb 1, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #571 of 2,466
If you prefer and open and detailed sound the Eros II is excellent.

If you want more body the Ares II is better.

For me I prefer the Eros II, better separation, soundstage and overall detail, whilst still retaining the core signature. That's what I love about the Eros II, it's exceptionally balanced and neutral.

Thanks,
Right now I’m using the ares ll+, I’ll try to use the Eros more.

I have to say that I love how the vocals are reproduced with the ares.
I’m having so much fun with the F3, cannot image what Piotr will bring out next.

Feb 1, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #572 of 2,466
Thanks,
Right now I’m using the ares ll+, I’ll try to use the Eros more.

I have to say that I love how the vocals are reproduced with the ares.
I’m having so much fun with the F3, cannot image what Piotr will bring out next.

Eros II brings out a little more clarity and a little less warmth in the mids.

Yes the FIBAE 3 have truly redefined what can be got at that price point, they are well balanced but seriously fun to listen to.

Feb 2, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #573 of 2,466
Ok guys, here it is: http://www.soundperfectionreviews.com/2018/02/review-custom-art-fibae-3-redefining.html

It'll be copied over to Head-Fi in the next few days.

DSC_9750.jpg

Feb 3, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #575 of 2,466
I know it’s a bit early, but how does the FIBAE 3 compared to the InEar ProPhile-8 or other TOTL IEMs that have a great deal of clarity and resolution?

Feb 3, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #576 of 2,466
Feb 4, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #577 of 2,466
So I know I stated that I was trying to wrap my head around the F3 especially when comparing to and looking for similarities between it and the F2. I was really approaching the F3 from the wrong angle. They really are a tale of two different IEMs and I was looking for commonalities.

The F3 is brighter, more crisp, has more clarity and there is more air and space between the notes.

The F2 is a tad more south of neutral weighing in on a more rich body bordering on a warmer tone. Overall thicker in body and the feel of the notes.

The one aspect of their qualities may be more similar than different are in the bass frequencies, particularly sub bass. To my ears the F2 has more mid bass which may create an illusion of more deep bass but I think they both do sub bass well and maybe I would give the nod to the F3 in the sub bass category. The mid bass definitely gives the F2 the warmer tone with thicker feel in the notes.

The F2 "may be" the more fun, listening overall and the F2 a little more musical. I am hesitant to make these comments because it sounds like the F2 would clearly be the favorite choice, but that is not so. I listened to the F3 today for three straight hours and was so impressed, feeling as it may be more referenced tuned but the sub bass quality gave it an incredibly enjoyable, foot tapping listening experience.

Neither is fatiguing, neither will disappoint, both deliver what you want when you are listening, one does it with more clarity and one does it with a warmish tone. Piotr may not like like this but the F3 "may" give the Harmony 8.2 a run for it's money. I say this having all three in my possession. The 8.2 is different from both of the FIBAE models and I need to listen more to the 8.2.

Honestly, I can envision a truly incredible IEM using FIBAE technology and add some bass head qualities. The clarity and transparency with serious sub bass layering and rumble you can feel in your back teeth... What wouldn't be too like?

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #578 of 2,466
If you prefer and open and detailed sound the Eros II is excellent.

If you want more body the Ares II is better.

For me I prefer the Eros II, better separation, soundstage and overall detail, whilst still retaining the core signature. That's what I love about the Eros II, it's exceptionally balanced and neutral.
Lol

Feb 4, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #579 of 2,466
Feb 4, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #582 of 2,466
Just try the ares and then let us know.

I was pointing out why I thought itsfleur replied to ostewart with the word lol, but since you brought it up.

Given the opportunity to try the Ares / Eros cables, I would if not just to form my own more informed opinion.

That said I have no intention of purchasing such a cable myself (tight Yorkshire git that I am), I might be willing to spend £50 on a nice looking sleeved cable but for £200 I'd expect earth shattering improvements all around.

Unfortunately at the price point of the F3, cables like the Ares/Eros would have improve the overall experience of listening and using the F3 rather dramatically to present a value investment. Given the subjective comments about the Eros and Ares cables in this thread and others. It does not appear they are earth-shattering enough to convince me that £200 is a good value pairing with a £400 CIEM.

Feb 4, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #583 of 2,466
I was pointing out why I thought itsfleur replied to ostewart with the word lol, but since you brought it up.

Given the opportunity to try the Ares / Eros cables, I would if not just to form my own more informed opinion.

That said I have no intention of purchasing such a cable myself (tight Yorkshire git that I am), I might be willing to spend £50 on a nice looking sleeved cable but for £200 I'd expect earth shattering improvements all around.

Unfortunately at the price point of the F3, cables like the Ares/Eros would have improve the overall experience of listening and using the F3 rather dramatically to present a value investment. Given the subjective comments about the Eros and Ares cables in this thread and others. It does not appear they are earth-shattering enough to convince me that £200 is a good value pairing with a £400 CIEM.

You don’t believe in cables but you don’t have intention to buy one that cost than 50 pounds, Very open minded...

:stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

Feb 4, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #584 of 2,466
You don’t believe in cables but you don’t have intention to buy one that cost than 50 pounds, Very open minded...

:stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

I quite clearly stated that I'm a tight git :D,
As for belief in cables. I'm skeptical I believe that people believe cables make a difference, and that there is no strong empierical evidence either way.

As for the prices in my mind cables are a consumable, and any consumable that costs over ~15% of the base item cost is not good value, Unless it adds value proportional to it's cost, Unfortunately as I said above I do not see anything In the comments from yourself or others to indicate these cables that cost £200 can add enough value to justify themselves against the base cost of a £400 CIEM.

If we were in a thread discussing a £1800 CIEM then a £200 cable would be somewhat more proportional to the whole even if just for looks.

Feb 4, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #585 of 2,466
I quite clearly stated that I'm a tight git :D,
As for belief in cables. I'm skeptical I believe that people believe cables make a difference, and that there is no strong empierical evidence either way.

As for the prices in my mind cables are a consumable, and any consumable that costs over ~15% of the base item cost is not good value, Unless it adds value proportional to it's cost, Unfortunately as I said above I do not see anything In the comments from yourself or others to indicate these cables that cost £200 can add enough value to justify themselves against the base cost of a £400 CIEM.

If we were in a thread discussing a £1800 CIEM then a £200 cable would be somewhat more proportional to the whole even if just for looks.
The Fibae is quite a special iem, the sound signature doesn’t change so much from one source to another but is very sensible to a cable.
I don’t care if this earphone cost 100 or 1000 pounds but the reality is that there is a change based on the cable. Don’t say that you don’t believe just because you have not tried a different cable!

Just give it a try, not asking to buy one just try if you have a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back