Custom Triple.fi 10 Pro & Custom Shure SE530
Jul 11, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #241 of 616
hey john, do the shells feel cheaply made or do they feel professionally made ?

Jul 12, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #242 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnstringer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi dzdncfsd, i had my 530s sent to UM to have remolded. I will be the first to admit the sound is far better, isolation is much higher, and they are a heck of a lot more comfortable. I'm not an audiophile so I can't really explain in detail the difference in sound, but I just noticed they sound much clearer. The other thing I love about the custom molds (I know this may not be the reason most people buy them) is that it takes 2 seconds to take them in and out. The one thing I hated about the olives was having to take them out to hear someone and then squishing them back in and waiting for them to expand. if you have any questions, let me know.

hi john, did you add an additional driver to your 530s?

Jul 12, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #243 of 616
For me, my TF10s have arrived in china, and the amount of time it takes for them to make it is 15 working days (at least 3 weeks).

They told me shipping takes 2-3 days. So my total ETA would be about 30 days. The color I asked for is translucent sky blue, and they were okay with that. They also agreed to add custom pins to the Jena wire (7ft) I've sent them so I can enjoy them as my home phones as well.

Jul 12, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #244 of 616
Yea... I hope these sound as good as the TF10's so I can sell off my ESW9's. Love those too but just not worth it IMO

Jul 12, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #245 of 616
Has anyone with the Triple Fi who already use custom ear molds tried this upgrade? Got the molds made for about $100 at the earplugstore and they are just great for the money. (I never really could get comfortable with the flanges and such for too long on these or the .5's.)

Got a replacement set of Triple Fi a few months ago. Would imagine that this would certainly void your warranty...lol.

Trying to quantify the improvement for someone who already has custom molds on the Triples. A lot of folks get some real benefit just from this custom fit change for obvious reasons. Just last night I decided to flip the wires/shells like I had done on the previous Triple Fi. When I did it, I made a point of using Pro Gold on all the contacts and it was a real nice improvement.

Now I recognize that it's not going to be the same going from three to four drivers but of course there is the issue of diminishing return. I'm also curious if it's possible to incoportate the Shure mic adaptor into a new set of cables.

So if you already have custom molds (I can mail the originals) and just go with a standard upgrade to the additional driver, how much would this cost?

Jul 17, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #247 of 616
This thread has stopped all action for too long. I've been checking it everyday for new updates or reviews on the customs...

Jul 17, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #248 of 616
Hey, sorry for the late replies, i'm not around the house to much in the summers. to answer the questions, the quality of the earpiece itself is very sturdy. the UE11 cable actually ended up cracking on the hard plastic casing that connects to the earpiece. however, as it was an UE product, i can hardly blame UM for that. regardless, Sam told me he'd replace the cable for free. but given the time it will take to ship from china to canada i just ordered a new cable directly from UE... although i've just found out they're on back order and i won't receive them for a few weeks anyway! in the meanwhile i'm using an old stock cable for the Ultimate Ears UE-10 Pro. the prongs are a little shorter so the fit is very loose. as a result, they've actually fallen off and hit a hardwood floor a few times. so far, it hasn't had any effect, so the build must be pretty good!

no, i didn't have an additional driver added. i don't think they add an additional driver to the shures, just the custom casing.

they must be getting backed up with orders. when i ordered mine the entire process only took 10 days from having my molds made to having them arrive at my door. given the reputation they're building, i'm not surprised!

hope this helps.

john

Jul 17, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #249 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by Timothy.Wong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread has stopped all action for too long. I've been checking it everyday for new updates or reviews on the customs...

I will be doing an in depth review, most likely in a seperate thread of the differences between the TF10 Pro and the Custom version of it. No driver added.

Jul 18, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #250 of 616
I wonder why you would even go to the Custom level from the Triple fi10?

If you go through the upgrade, why not the fourth driver?

Still looking forward to reading your review. Please post here first so we know to look on the "Big Board." Thanks.

Jul 18, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #253 of 616
i know the email address but someone here said it's quicker to send them msgs via MSN??

so anyone care to pm me their/sam's MSN?
biggrin.gif

thanks a lot

P.S. cuz the black shure olive just broke both my um2's stalks (but i am already listening to RE0 atm but planning to return them due to the recessed mids)

Jul 18, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #254 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by romanesq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder why you would even go to the Custom level from the Triple fi10?

If you go through the upgrade, why not the fourth driver?

Still looking forward to reading your review. Please post here first so we know to look on the "Big Board." Thanks.

I really love the sound of the TF10, and would like to improve its qualities while not changing its overall signature. That is why. Some people don't want forward mids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back