Custom Triple.fi 10 Pro & Custom Shure SE530
Jul 26, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #271 of 616
PM inbound both of you....now try to do the same when someone asks the same question...I'm sick of having to send 20 something PM's when the next guy doesn't extend the same courtesy.

Jul 26, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #272 of 616
Thanks for the PM (and yes, I will PM the address if someone else want it
smily_headphones1.gif
)

I actually found the same address via this page:
e530¸ÄÄ£ REMAKE EARPHONE SHELL E530-Ó°ÒôµçÆ÷ - ÌÔ±¦Íø

Don't know how I got there, but I did sent an email to the address listed there. I got a reply from um@uniquemelody.org (I sent out an email there as well), but it seems to take about 2 days before I get a response. I first want to know the complete cost (remold, cables and shipping), then I will have impressions made so I'm not in a hurry with this.

Jul 26, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #273 of 616
Likewise thank you for the pm cyberspyder. I follow this thread pretty close, and will definately pass the info along to anyone alse who needs it.

Hope I will hear from them soon as I cant wait to get my iems reshelled.

----
Pomidor

Jul 30, 2009 at 8:44 AM Post #274 of 616
Thought I should update this thread with some pictures.

My TF10 with the additional mid driver is finished. They'll come to me in about 2 days. I think the pictured cable is the Jena that I sent in. I also ordered 2 other thinner ones (purple storm & aurora?) for more portable uses.

DSCN8033.jpg

DSCN8031.jpg

DSCN8029.jpg

Jul 30, 2009 at 8:49 AM Post #276 of 616
is it just me, or do i only see three drivers? or is that suspicius one above the bass driver a double chamber armature that are two BA's that share one soundport?

Jul 30, 2009 at 8:51 AM Post #277 of 616
Yes mine has been shipped too, but I did not get pictures.

Jul 30, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #279 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by younglee200 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just double checked with Sam and there are four drivers in there. He didn't tell me what driver they used though. But he will give me the frequency graph so I'll post that as I receive it.

haha, you didn't need to ask. You could've just looked in your custom and see if there was four drivers
smily_headphones1.gif
. Comparison to the previous three driver universal version of the TF10? Would like to hear your words. I'm getting my hands on UM customs soon, also quad driver. Just want to see how they compared in the future.

Jul 30, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #280 of 616
Quote:

Thought I should update this thread with some pictures.

My TF10 with the additional mid driver is finished. They'll come to me in about 2 days. I think the pictured cable is the Jena that I sent in. I also ordered 2 other thinner ones (purple storm & aurora?) for more portable uses.

DSCN8033.jpg

DSCN8031.jpg

DSCN8029.jpg

Sadly, it's not a true Crossover network like the one in JH Audio and Westone's. There's no circuit board, and only some capacitors that limit the signal to a specific range making them "dedicated" tweeters, midrange, or woofers. Works, but would hope to see a real crossover network that actually "splits" the frequencies.

Aug 6, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #282 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeckwsr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
will that capacitor system make the sq worse than that of the real crossover thing?
biggrin.gif

Well there hasn't been a direct comparison between the both. But i'm thinking it would be a yes since limiting the signal also affect the signal that has to be played.

Aug 7, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #283 of 616
Quote:

I just double checked with Sam and there are four drivers in there. He didn't tell me what driver they used though. But he will give me the frequency graph so I'll post that as I receive it.

hi younglee, any reviews on the new TF10s with an additional mid driver? I am contemplating this route too so would like to hear what you think after getting those.
smily_headphones1.gif
thanks.

BTW, anyone can pm me Sam's msn id? thanks

Aug 7, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #284 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgr1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi younglee, any reviews on the new TF10s with an additional mid driver? I am contemplating this route too so would like to hear what you think after getting those.
smily_headphones1.gif
thanks.

I think it would be more appropriate to ask him for it.

Aug 7, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #285 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgr1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
thanks.

Just sent you a PM with Sam's MSN ID. He provided this in one of his emails to me. I have only contacted him via email. I do not think Sam would have a problem with forwarding the address, since he lists the address himself online, for example on this site.

I received a quote from him for the total costs and today I am going to send my E500's along with ear impression on a journey to China
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back