Custom or Universal at ~$200~$400?
Jun 6, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #16 of 22
Not sure if they send impressions back and I don't know how much they would charge you for shipping to get back if you need a refit. Btw when I shipped my impressions to them I just did basic parcel post and it cost like $3 and made it in like ~10 days.  When they ship it back it's obviously not overnight (coming from China would probably be damn near impossible lol) but it does get back very quickly and it's from UPS with tracking. As far as recessed sockets, maybe you could ask if they would do them?

To avoid having to pay shipping again for a refit, just make sure your impressions are perfect and hopefully you won't need one! I took my own impressions for 2 reasons, 1) the kit cost $20 for 5 tries and the cheapest impressions around me were $40 per ear & 2) I trust myself with multiple tries more than a one try expensive impression from someone who possibly has little to no experience doing impressions for CIEM's. People generally advise not to do your own impressions though because you could damage your ears if you mess up.

Jun 7, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #18 of 22
I'd probably damage my ears, knowing me. They have a like.. faq saying that they don't do recessed sockets sadly :frowning2:. Thanks for all the help. Most likely going to order from Heir Audio with the 3A totaling to $465 / $485 depending on which shipping option. Also deciding if it's worth it customizing it for black face plates with red/blue everything else.. an extra $90 just for that.

Jun 7, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #19 of 22
Good luck! My delivery came today but apparently when you get charged for custom fees you have to pay with a check or money order or something like that and I had none so he's coming back tomorrow -___-

Jun 10, 2012 at 4:33 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:
Universals generally suffer from a larger fluctuation in resale as well, and even then CIEM's are still pretty easy to sell on the forums here.

true, tho i find that universals can be bought for cheap, so that resale is not as bad. buy cheap, sell cheap

and i guess ciems would be easier to sell on such a site ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back