Custom IEM Review: Hidition NT-6 Pro – Clear & Precise Fun
Feb 5, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #241 of 527

You will certainly have better dynamics with the 901 and the X5 will be just behind. However, the ZX1 added clarity and speed will allow for low volume listening as well.

Something important: the 901 does have an issue: volume adjustment is made with large steps, so not as precise as with the other 2.

The 901 large volume steps certainly is an important consideration for low volume listening and makes choosing the X5 easier. I wish there was a way to hear the ZX1 locally to check out the added clarity and speed. However, my DX50 with the new FW seems to be detailed, clear, and fast as well and I was hoping to contrast it with something a little more rich and meaty. Have you listened to the DX50 to contrast to the ZX1?

Feb 5, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #243 of 527
Have been using these IEMS for about a month, burning them overnight for some nights and have been giving them the most attention out of my other IEMS and I got to say that the sound did improve drastically over the long burn in period. The thing that changed most was coherency, when I first got it, it sounded like each driver was doing their own job, with the treble being shrilly for almost all tracks in my album. Right now, all sibilance are gone and what's left is a very smooth sound signature with the kick in treble when it is needed. I listen to a lot of house or club or electronica music and I have never heard my tracks the way I do on my 6pro. Details monster, I can hear where each bass and beat comes from and despite it being so detailed, my songs are still very enjoyable, and to the point where it is pretty addictive. One thing I found lacking was mid bass in my house music. The bass isn't too much and it is present but just not overwhelming, bass heads would like it as much as I do. Mids were slightly recessed when I first got it, to the point I couldn't stand the whole presentation and sound signature, hence the long burn in period I gave them. After around 250-300 hours or more, mids are finally rectified, I wouldn't say they have forward mids, but they have very very lifelike mids. Vocals are just right where they are supposed to be. They blend in very well with the music without taking the centre stage. The TG334 however performed better than the 6pros when it comes to mids. The 334 have the best timbre in all IEMS I've tried and they made vocals sound much more enjoyable. I'll continue giving inputs as I go along my library list, I'm very very happy with them right now, especially after the transformation due to burn in. This little impressions are all done using stock cable. I have tried the HM-901 and DX50 with them, but just couldn't leave the user-friendly Apple interface. Would be getting the ZX1 once they're available in my country.

Source : iPod touch 5th gen
File type : Some ALAC, WAV, MP3

Feb 5, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #245 of 527
  Do you still have that issue with the IEM card?

Only had the balanced card, and it was a problem both in balanced mode and se mode, there was also a considerable amount of hiss which was very annoying. I just gave up on the 901, too clunky to use with iems. Hope that the calyx m will be a good replacement

Feb 5, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #247 of 527
Only had the balanced card, and it was a problem both in balanced mode and se mode, there was also a considerable amount of hiss which was very annoying. I just gave up on the 901, too clunky to use with iems. Hope that the calyx m will be a good replacement
I do not have hiss on any of my iems.

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #248 of 527

The volume is lower but the steps are barely more precise.

Thanks a lot Mimouille and Zachchen1996.

Feb 7, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #249 of 527
Have been using these IEMS for about a month, burning them overnight for some nights and have been giving them the most attention out of my other IEMS and I got to say that the sound did improve drastically over the long burn in period. The thing that changed most was coherency, when I first got it, it sounded like each driver was doing their own job, with the treble being shrilly for almost all tracks in my album. Right now, all sibilance are gone and what's left is a very smooth sound signature with the kick in treble when it is needed. I listen to a lot of house or club or electronica music and I have never heard my tracks the way I do on my 6pro. Details monster, I can hear where each bass and beat comes from and despite it being so detailed, my songs are still very enjoyable, and to the point where it is pretty addictive. One thing I found lacking was mid bass in my house music. The bass isn't too much and it is present but just not overwhelming, bass heads would like it as much as I do. Mids were slightly recessed when I first got it, to the point I couldn't stand the whole presentation and sound signature, hence the long burn in period I gave them. After around 250-300 hours or more, mids are finally rectified, I wouldn't say they have forward mids, but they have very very lifelike mids. Vocals are just right where they are supposed to be. They blend in very well with the music without taking the centre stage. The TG334 however performed better than the 6pros when it comes to mids. The 334 have the best timbre in all IEMS I've tried and they made vocals sound much more enjoyable. I'll continue giving inputs as I go along my library list, I'm very very happy with them right now, especially after the transformation due to burn in. This little impressions are all done using stock cable. I have tried the HM-901 and DX50 with them, but just couldn't leave the user-friendly Apple interface. Would be getting the ZX1 once they're available in my country.

Source : iPod touch 5th gen
File type : Some ALAC, WAV, MP3

Well that's good to hear. I am starting to like them more and it could be to burn in. I'm currently eq 'ing the treble down and am preferring the sound.

The comment by Average Joe that they are precise is bang on. Compared to my Mages they sound much more pin point. That is both good and bad. Some vocals sound smaller and more recessed, exact ins soundstage location but less prominent. However, technically they are outstanding in terms of resolution. Details I've never heard before are coming through. Some songs sound different. Maybe that takes some getting used to as well.

The coherence comment chimes with me as well. They do sound a little like highly precise drivers doing their own thing. Let's hope I experience the same positive changes you have.

Hidition have said that I am the first cable pin breakage they have had. I can send the cable back to them and they will post another free of charge, which is good news.

Feb 7, 2014 at 6:10 AM Post #250 of 527
Hmm...I reading and reading all the new impressions and my only concern about them is repeating info about "recessed mids" on Pros. That's not good for me. Would say that they are V/U shaped? Are the mids played with a big distance or the recession is very small?
I'm thinking about buying Pros this year but I have to be sure (although I'm fully aware that much depends on the synergy with source and the subjective hearing) that they doesbn't have recessed mids or if there is recession it is very very small.

Feb 7, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #252 of 527
Hmm...I reading and reading all the new impressions and my only concern about them is repeating info about "recessed mids" on Pros. That's not good for me. Would say that they are V/U shaped? Are the mids played with a big distance or the recession is very small?
I'm thinking about buying Pros this year but I have to be sure (although I'm fully aware that much depends on the synergy with source and the subjective hearing) that they doesbn't have recessed mids or if there is recession it is very very small.

I wouldn't say that the mids are recessed, for the tracks I've tried on them, they are just natural and present, without being too prominent, with the background playing along and not missing any details that a song should have. I can still hear my vocals and also the drummer hitting on the snares, hi-hat and cymbals at the same time. There isn't any excessive forward mids that makes the background sound muddy in that sense. It'd be good if you try it out though, it is a really special sound signature I'd say.

Feb 7, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #253 of 527
Smithyone1l, how much time did you let your pair burn in?

I'd guess around nearly 100-120 hours by now. I've left them playing at a good volume all day most days since getting them.

About the 'recessed' mids- the vocals are clean, clear and accurate. However, the Nt6 pros don't highlight them in the same way other IEMs that I have owned do. They are so revealing of vocals that you here some of the sharpness on the s sounds of the vocalist. It's not quite sibilance, but you get the idea.

An example of that is Tracy Chapman's album where I couldn't quite decide whether I liked how they sounded with her clean clear vocal. Somehow it wasn't as musical in presentation as I'd have hoped for.

I now have they on -4 for 12kHz and -2 at 4kHz on the eq for my Hdp r10 and then I can turn it up a little more to bring out the mids.

I don't really like eq'ing but it may be the only way I'll be happy with them- if no further burn changes occur.

Feb 7, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #254 of 527
About the 'recessed' mids- the vocals are clean, clear and accurate. However, the Nt6 pros don't highlight them in the same way other IEMs that I have owned do. They are so revealing of vocals that you here some of the sharpness on the s sounds of the vocalist. It's not quite sibilance, but you get the idea.

So if the mids are accurate and crystal clear are they simply heard as being played from a distance? If yes, is it a big distance?

Feb 7, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #255 of 527
So if the mids are accurate and crystal clear are they simply heard as being played from a distance? If yes, is it a big distance?

Depends on the track, but yes further than my more mid-forward Mages. Also the space occupied in the soundstage by the vocal is smaller, though more precise. The soundstage itself is just as wide, if not wider, than my Mages, but the vocal placement is narrower. To me anyway....

I'd say if you like big vocals there may be better options. Of course this is said with only hearing one TOTL iem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back