Custom IEM Review: Hidition NT-6 Pro – Clear & Precise Fun
Jan 18, 2014 at 5:11 AM Post #211 of 527
Congrats smithyone1l !

Quote:

One step closer to audio nirvana. NT6-pros arrive on 2nd February care of my wife. Quite a nice feeling actually, because hopefully this will be the end of the portable audio quest! No more decisions to make! Thanks for all the advice Headfiers.

Let's hope you'll be completely satisfied.
I am saving money to upgrade my source, so I am quite impatient to read your impressions.

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #212 of 527
  .... I guess the HDP-R10 is not going to be easily beaten- even if it is a brick ....

Yeah, that sums it up about right 
smile.gif

Jan 20, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #213 of 527
A_J is right, the pairing is very important.
If I found the sound to be rather natural with my F807, it is another story with my CUBE C30.

With my Cube C30, which sounds thin and atificial to my ears (with emphasised highs), the sound is very bright, even at low volume.
I stopped using the C30, but with the Pros, I am changing my mind.

The sound is artficial but with a lot of space, the sound breathes a little more than what I am used to.
The NT6-Pro adds the sub-bass that I find lacking with this mp3 player.
The C30 reduces the slam, and the bass seems to become more neutral than with my MX3.
The NT6-pro adds more control in the highs, so I did not hear any harshness in the treble region for now.
A good thing since the harshness in the treble region was another problem with the C30.

It is an interesting combo, even if sibilance becomes a problem at higher volume.

Guys I really, really, really like my pair: I thought only the warmth could highlight the feelings present in a song, but I was wrong.
I listened to Lauryn Hill (MTV Unplugged 2.0) and especially the song "I Gotta Find Peace Of Mind": the silence of the audience while the singer performs is tangible.
The emotion also.
You are able to feel the struggle of the singer while she is crying.
At the end of the song, you just want to applaud her, to encourage her, like the public.
You can imagine the room where the concert takes place, evaluate its size.
All the talent of Lauryn Hill stands out with so much ease, you cannot do another thing than listen.
Its unbelievable.

It is like if I was not at home, or in the subway anymore, but rather next to the singer.
These customs exceed my expectations.

Jan 22, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #214 of 527

These customs exceed my expectations.

Thank you for your excellent description of the sound and I am very happy your expectations have been exceeded!

High end audio is about the little things in music that convey emotion, and the NT-6 Pro is one of those pieces of gear that does so.

Jan 25, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #216 of 527
Hidition IEMs are not compatible with the connectors used by the TF10 and other non-custom Ultimate Ears IEMs.

You want cables that are advertised compatible with the UE11, Westone, JH, etc. (Keep in mind this probably confuses things, since UE, Westone and JH are all dropping the 0.78mm pin connector on their latest products, in favor of connectors like MMCX.)

Jan 25, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #217 of 527
For any of you NT6-Pro customers looking for a new DAP, I am wondering if Fiio's new X5 may have an ideal sound signature for the NT6-Pro

i.e. a good-natured treble presentation and slightly warm sound signature, both of which may suit the 'eager' treble and slightly cool sound signature of the NT6-Pro.

The X5 is also being praised, by some, for it's finely-detailed sound, which the extended treble of the NT6-Pro will probably reveal, beautifully.

Might just be a synergistic match made in audiophile heaven!

Jan 25, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #218 of 527
  For any of you NT6-Pro customers looking for a new DAP, I am wondering if Fiio's new X5 may have an ideal sound signature for the NT6-Pro

i.e. a good-natured treble presentation and slightly warm sound signature, both of which may suit the 'eager' treble and slightly cool sound signature of the NT6-Pro.

The X5 is also being praised, by some, for it's finely-detailed sound, which the extended treble of the NT6-Pro will probably reveal, beautifully.

Might just be a synergistic match made in audiophile heaven!

I will be anxious to find out when I get my turn with the X5 tour which I am luckily a part of. My turn unfortunately is about a month out given that I am 4th on the list with 10 day slots each. I'll be comparing it to my current DX50 setup plus my backup DAP assortment. Too bad there won't be a new DX90 available to do a 3 way comparison.

Jan 25, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #219 of 527
  Hidition IEMs are not compatible with the connectors used by the TF10 and other non-custom Ultimate Ears IEMs.

You want cables that are advertised compatible with the UE11, Westone, JH, etc. (Keep in mind this probably confuses things, since UE, Westone and JH are all dropping the 0.78mm pin connector on their latest products, in favor of connectors like MMCX.)

All of my cables are Westone Style connectors. But still they do not have the tight fit, like the stock cable.
BTW: my unit was shipped with the new cord (the brown one) and doesn't have protruding sockets.

Jan 26, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #222 of 527
  I will be anxious to find out when I get my turn with the X5 tour which I am luckily a part of. My turn unfortunately is about a month out given that I am 4th on the list with 10 day slots each. I'll be comparing it to my current DX50 setup plus my backup DAP assortment. Too bad there won't be a new DX90 available to do a 3 way comparison.

Please give us your impressions here when you get the X5.

Jan 26, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #223 of 527
I don't have either (dap and the ciem) but I can guess a little bit I think. From what I heard, I think X5 pairs perfectly with bright-ish analytical monitors.

NT6 pros are clarity masters, X5 brings micro details perfectly has a neutral tone, while slightly on the warm-ish side. This might tame the NT6 pros and possible make them non-fatiguing?

I suspect they will pair perfectly.

And here I am with my SE5way, not so bright monitors, crying and wiping my tears because they won't match perfectly (j/k
biggrin.gif
).

Lee said they pair quite nicely, both are transparency and micro detail maniacs. However, they are both on the neutral side and a slightly warm-ish tone. So it is not the perfect match/synergy you can find probably. On the other hand NT6 and NT6 pros (as well as other brightish monitors) would pair perfectly with X5.

Jan 26, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #224 of 527

Please give us your impressions here when you get the X5.

Absolutely, I look forward to providing feedback.

Jan 30, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #225 of 527
So I have the Hdp r10. Even with the Mages, all I can say is wow. People chuck the phrase 'musical' about in audio circles quite a lot, but that is how it sounds.

Technically, it is better in every way than both my home dac and my Galaxy Note 2. It really does make the Mages sound like different earphones. More detailed, far better soundstage and treble that is far clearer- yet without the graininess that was present before.

I can't wait to hear the Nt6 pro with this beast. It may be a brick but it is intoxicating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back