Custom IEM Review: Hidition NT-6 Pro – Clear & Precise Fun
Jun 15, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #61 of 527
Quote:
Sub'd, I am rather interested with these things especially if my ears are small for 5 way reference (I don't know yet). I have a question though, especially for European customers of Hidition. How was the communication with Hidition? Was everything clear, were they helpful and all? Also after paying Hidition, did you get any issues with European custom taxes as soon as they enter into the EU region?

I am checking their website and it scares me even in English language there is not much in English. Now I am a little bit short on time but I will try to read everything in both Hidition threads (this and NT 6).

I also just noticed they don't do silicone canals anymore, that's sad for me 
frown.gif

I just wanted to note that I wouldn't consider the NT-6 pro the CIEM to get if you can't get the SE5 since the sound of both is so very different.  If you prefer IEMs such as the B2, CK10, ER4, FX700, EX1000, etc, the NT-6 pro will be the better choice, and if you prefer IEMs such as the IE8, GR07, SM3, SM64, UM3X, etc, the SE5 will be the better choice.  If the SE5 or NT-6 pro won't fit in your ears, there are other options.

Jun 15, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #62 of 527
Quote:
They are clear enough and all their emails are understandable.
They answered to my questions after a few days, but they always answered.
Concerning shipping, they usualy use EMS, but you can ask for Fedex (they'll apply a small extra charge) if you prefer, they seem to be quite flexible.
For custom taxes: Hidition said that the European Union and South Corea signed (a few years ago) a FTA (accord de libre-échange in French): so european customers should not pay any custom taxe...

Tupac bought a pair of NT6, It would be nice if he could confirm if he payed taxes or not.

Tupac paid taxes, he told me, about 200 dollars if my memory is reliable.
I just let them fill out the price at 29 USD. So there is no tax at all. BTW, i stay in China right now. If stay in U.S, no need to worry.
Another problem is the build of NT6PRO. It's good but not perfect. Some defects still exist.  

Jun 15, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #64 of 527
Quote:

I just wanted to note that I wouldn't consider the NT-6 pro the CIEM to get if you can't get the SE5 since the sound of both is so very different.  If you prefer IEMs such as the B2, CK10, ER4, FX700, EX1000, etc, the NT-6 pro will be the better choice, and if you prefer IEMs such as the IE8, GR07, SM3, SM64, UM3X, etc, the SE5 will be the better choice.  If the SE5 or NT-6 pro won't fit in your ears, there are other options.

I think I will prefer NT6 Pro more after reading your iem list than SE5 Way but the way you described the SE5 way is so tempting I literally don't want to die before hearing them from a quality source (something like DX100 level).

In my list No 1 is SE5 way and No 2 is NT6 Pro but when you put it that way I feel like maybe I should get NT6 pro first then save money again for SE5 way now. If there is someone I would truely trust his opinions, it is definately you, so your post made me re-consider my decision honestly.

There was someone from Sweden if I am not mistaking, who also got NT6 pro, I would like to learn his experience about custom taxes actually. I will also ask Tupac too.

Jun 16, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #66 of 527
Quote:
I think I will prefer NT6 Pro more after reading your iem list than SE5 Way but the way you described the SE5 way is so tempting I literally don't want to die before hearing them from a quality source (something like DX100 level).

In my list No 1 is SE5 way and No 2 is NT6 Pro but when you put it that way I feel like maybe I should get NT6 pro first then save money again for SE5 way now. If there is someone I would truely trust his opinions, it is definately you, so your post made me re-consider my decision honestly.

There was someone from Sweden if I am not mistaking, who also got NT6 pro, I would like to learn his experience about custom taxes actually. I will also ask Tupac too.

Thank you for the kind words!  If you like/can tolerate some of the more organic sound signatures, the SE5 should be fine, but you might as well get what you prefer.  Getting both does provide a very good contrast.  I think you may be referring to Metalboy, who may have been the 2nd person on here with the NT-6 pros?

Quote:
1 more question. Do they make their ciems with musicians fit (longer canals)? Anybody knows or I have to contact Hidition to learn?

I believe they do make their canals long in general, but it would be best to ask.  I know they changed many things from when I first received my NT-6, so I can't say for sure.

Jun 16, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #67 of 527
Quote:
A_J, 
Did you hear some harshness in NT6Pro's highs, and sibilance in vocal? 
Maybe due to the poor mastering of certain songs?

Sorry, I somehow just missed this.

If the treble quality is poor, there is nowhere for it to hide with the NT-6 pro; I have test tracks that have sibilant masters, and of course, that is reproduced faithfully :)  Of course, source will also play a part in how harsh and annoying the treble can be, but my NT-6 pro is not sibilant with a good source and quality track.  

Jun 16, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #68 of 527
Quote:

Sorry, I somehow just missed this.

If the treble quality is poor, there is nowhere for it to hide with the NT-6 pro; I have test tracks that have sibilant masters, and of course, that is reproduced faithfully :)  Of course, source will also play a part in how harsh and annoying the treble can be, but my NT-6 pro is not sibilant with a good source and quality track.  

Mind if I ask which songs you use to enjoy the NT-6 Pro. The more I look into the matter the more I realize it's getting harder and harder to find music I like that's well mastered.

Jun 16, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #69 of 527
I listen to a very wide range of music from EDM to classic rock to 80's pop to metal to industrial to acoustic to classical to metal etc...essentially a very wide range of genres.  I can handle some poorly mastered tracks because I like the songs, but some are just too poor.  One of my favorites that I can't really listen to is Queensryche Empire for example, while others that were never on my A list grown on me because of the mastering such as Asia Aria.  Also, as mentioned in the review, the tone of the NT-6 pro isn't quite as natural to my ears as something like the SE5 or even the NT-6, which does affect acoustic music to an extent, for example.

I was thinking of putting together a list, but realized that as long as the mastering is average or better, the songs are enjoyable.  Of course, there are some tracks/albums that just don't match with the NT-6 pro's boosted treble, but I also find it is very amp dependent.  For example, I am testing the UHA 6S MKII, JDS ODAC + O2, and Ortofon Q7 amps and the UHA doesn't play well with the NT-6 pro, but the others do, and the UHA can make many tracks sound less desirable than say the ODAC -> Q7 combo.  Sources and cable can and do change the PRaT as well as presentation style to some degree, that is most noticeable after you use the combo and then go back to the original sound.  

Jun 16, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #70 of 527

USA Order: Just got my Hidition NT6 Pro's

ORDER:
I just got my Hidition NT6 Pro's delivered to the US yesterday on 6/15/13 . I ordered them on 5/30/13, so the whole order only took two weeks to receive. However, it seemed so much longer given my impatience, the time required to research and decide on this CIEM, and the time to schedule and get my ear impressions made as well as to ship them to South Korea. The good news for US buyers is that I had no customs charges or shipment delays.

OVERVIEW:
My initial thoughts are that they sound really great, but I am still trying to get my head wrapped around the sound signature. They make my TF10s sound like I am listening to a cheap mono AM radio. However, there are some oddities in a few songs that I am still trying to figure out. Most of the songs I have listened to sound great like I am listening to my Audeze LCD 2 v2 or a very expensive HIFI sound system. Yet a few other songs sound confused or just plain odd. Overall, at this early stage, I have no regrets or buyers remorse - I really love what I am hearing. 

BASS:
The most obvious oddity is the cliff in the bass. In a few songs it sounds as if the bass is crossed using a pair of $5000 hi end 18" subwoofers paired with a single mediocre 8" woofer for midbass. To be fair, this isn't often and I have not given them or my brain any time to burn in yet. The bass isn't as big as I expected or hoped, but I am mainly listening to my clip+ which is know for clarity, narrow sound stage, and a sharp drop off in sub base. Yet, I should say that the bass is more than awesome when it kicks in which gives the sound signature much of its richness beyond the clarity.

MIDRANGE/TREBBLE:
Forgetting the perceived hole in the midbass, everything is tight, transparent, [size=10pt]precise[/size], intimate, and coherent the rest of the way up. I have large Magneplanar's for my main speakers[size=small] which is the closest comparison I can make. They sound very transparent, full sized, 3D, with superb resonance that you can feel in your bones. Although I understand why average_joe says that they are bright, they are not grating as I had feared. I think they are better described as full sized and extended. Instead of making everything sound like a sprinkler system, or symbols sounding like finger symbols played by a miniaturized [/size][size=small]person in another room - treble sounds full sized and natural.[/size]

[size=small]SOUND STAGE:[/size]
As average_joe pointed out, they sound extraordinarily clear and coherent with a good sized 3D sound stage. [size=small]The presentation is very up close and intimate with everything sounding proportional and on the same moderate sized stage.[/size]

SOURCES:
My sources only include the iPhone 5 and iPod Classic with similar muddy and confused sound signatures and the Zip, Clip+, and Fuse all sharing the same clear sound signature. Although the NT6 Pro makes both sets of signatures sound great, Average_joe was correct in his assessment of the iPhone vs. clip+, the clip+ sounds much better (clearer and 3D). My Colorfly C3/C&C BH2 setup is still being shipped so I have not had a chance to hear them yet. My hopes are that the Colorfly C3 with the C&C BH2 will retain or improve on the Clip+ clarity while better supporting the NT6 Pro's bass capabilities.

I will report back once I get used to the sound signature and have more of a chance to play around with it.

Jun 16, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #71 of 527
Quote:

Thank you for the kind words!  If you like/can tolerate some of the more organic sound signatures, the SE5 should be fine, but you might as well get what you prefer.  Getting both does provide a very good contrast.  I think you may be referring to Metalboy, who may have been the 2nd person on here with the NT-6 pros?

I believe they do make their canals long in general, but it would be best to ask.  I know they changed many things from when I first received my NT-6, so I can't say for sure.

Yep, I beliece Metalboy was the owner of Hidition NT6 Pro, I already talked with Tupac and he was also extremely helpful. I should add, he didn't mention anything bad about Hidition which is a very good sign.

I just wish if they could still do silicone canals 
frown.gif

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #72 of 527
Quote:

You should not have to pay any customs or vat when buying from Korea to Europe. There is some kind of "Free Trading Agreement". Mine where declared as 1250$.

Jun 16, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #74 of 527
Quote:

The canals on my NT 6 Pro are longer than on my (standard fit) Heir 4.A.

I have a feeling like I will get in touch with Hidition pretty soon (after my master exams honestly, in 2 weeks time if I don't change my time and go for NT6 pro) and ask them too. I also tried to compare photos and you are right, their canals seem longer than usual. Anyway thanks a lot for clarification. I am still worried about silicone canals, maybe their new tech engineers can do some things. I will ask, if they say in near future they will offer silicone canals again, I will wait for that update I think.

Quote:

You should not have to pay any customs or vat when buying from Korea to Europe. There is some kind of "Free Trading Agreement". Mine where declared as 1250$.

That's daaarn good news mate, thank you so much for informing.

Jun 16, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #75 of 527
Quote:

USA Order: Just got my Hidition NT6 Pro's

ORDER:
I just got my Hidition NT6 Pro's delivered to the US yesterday on 6/15/13 . I ordered them on 5/30/13, so the whole order only took two weeks to receive. However, it seemed so much longer given my impatience, the time required to research and decide on this CIEM, and the time to schedule and get my ear impressions made as well as to ship them to South Korea. The good news for US buyers is that I had no customs charges or shipment delays.

OVERVIEW:
My initial thoughts are that they sound really great, but I am still trying to get my head wrapped around the sound signature. They make my TF10s sound like I am listening to a cheap mono AM radio. However, there are some oddities in a few songs that I am still trying to figure out. Most of the songs I have listened to sound great like I am listening to my Audeze LCD 2 v2 or a very expensive HIFI sound system. Yet a few other songs sound confused or just plain odd. Overall, at this early stage, I have no regrets or buyers remorse - I really love what I am hearing. 

BASS:
The most obvious oddity is the cliff in the bass. In a few songs it sounds as if the bass is crossed using a pair of $5000 hi end 18" subwoofers paired with a single mediocre 8" woofer for midbass. To be fair, this isn't often and I have not given them or my brain any time to burn in yet. The bass isn't as big as I expected or hoped, but I am mainly listening to my clip+ which is know for clarity, narrow sound stage, and a sharp drop off in sub base. Yet, I should say that the bass is more than awesome when it kicks in which gives the sound signature much of its richness beyond the clarity.

MIDRANGE/TREBBLE:
Forgetting the perceived hole in the midbass, everything is tight, transparent, [size=10pt]precise[/size], intimate, and coherent the rest of the way up. I have large Magneplanar's for my main speakers[size=small] which is the closest comparison I can make. They sound very transparent, full sized, 3D, with superb resonance that you can feel in your bones. Although I understand why average_joe says that they are bright, they are not grating as I had feared. I think they are better described as full sized and extended. Instead of making everything sound like a sprinkler system, or symbols sounding like finger symbols played by a miniaturized [/size][size=small]person in another room - treble sounds full sized and natural.[/size]

[size=small]SOUND STAGE:[/size]
As average_joe pointed out, they sound extraordinarily clear and coherent with a good sized 3D sound stage. [size=small]The presentation is very up close and intimate with everything sounding proportional and on the same moderate sized stage.[/size]

SOURCES:
My sources only include the iPhone 5 and iPod Classic with similar muddy and confused sound signatures and the Zip, Clip+, and Fuse all sharing the same clear sound signature. Although the NT6 Pro makes both sets of signatures sound great, Average_joe was correct in his assessment of the iPhone vs. clip+, the clip+ sounds much better (clearer and 3D). My Colorfly C3/C&C BH2 setup is still being shipped so I have not had a chance to hear them yet. My hopes are that the Colorfly C3 with the C&C BH2 will retain or improve on the Clip+ clarity while better supporting the NT6 Pro's bass capabilities.

I will report back once I get used to the sound signature and have more of a chance to play around with it.

Nice impressions, thank you.

Quote:
Tupac paid taxes, he told me, about 200 dollars if my memory is reliable.
I just let them fill out the price at 29 USD. So there is no tax at all. BTW, i stay in China right now. If stay in U.S, no need to worry.
Another problem is the build of NT6PRO. It's good but not perfect. Some defects still exist.  

Thank you for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back