Custom IEM Review: Hidition NT-6 Pro – Clear & Precise Fun
Jun 25, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #91 of 527
Quote:
Hmmm, would be cool if average_joe started reviewing all the new totl universal iems (tg334, ie800, 1+2, se846, etc.) to see if they can stand up to the ciems that are considered best. Would you say that your 1plus2's are your best iems for electronic?

Let's be clear...all my iems are TOTL (Miracles, 1plus2, Kaede, SE5, and to a lesser extent SD3). So I think they all sound awesome with all genres. But if you really need to have the best of the best of the best for electronic, I think 1plus2 and Kaede will be great are they are fast and punchy. But SD3 also with a darker tone. And Miracles also if you do not want to much bass. And SE5 also if you want a more organic sound...

Jun 25, 2013 at 5:35 AM Post #92 of 527
Let's be clear...all my iems are TOTL (Miracles, 1plus2, Kaede, SE5, and to a lesser extent SD3). So I think they all sound awesome with all genres. But if you really need to have the best of the best of the best for electronic, I think 1plus2 and Kaede will be great are they are fast and punchy. But SD3 also with a darker tone. And Miracles also if you do not want to much bass. And SE5 also if you want a more organic sound...

Thanks for the help, I think I'm gonna take a leap of faith and get the nt6 pros, the he-400 will need to go before that can happen though and so will the uha, too poor :frowning2:

Jun 25, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #93 of 527
Quote:
Thanks for the help, I think I'm gonna take a leap of faith and get the nt6 pros, the he-400 will need to go before that can happen though and so will the uha, too poor
frown.gif

I see you are from the States, that would also make your SE5 way purchase kinda difficult. Btw, that post you wrote about SE5 sound quality   and later productions are bad, can you find a source for that? I am extremely curious about that gossip. If it is true I would remove SE5 from my list.

Jun 25, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #94 of 527
http://rinchoi.blogspot.com/2013/06/hidition-new-tears-6-new-vs-old.html?m=0

Rins analysis. Looks solid but underwhelming for the price

Jun 25, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #95 of 527
Thanks, this definitely helps with the decision. That description of the nt6pros with electronic sounds delicious :D It appears that upon further reading in forums that there might be inconsistencies with the se5s Quote

"Big gossip-y news about the SE5! It's apparently been revamped for whatever reason (cost to manufacture, etc.) and the sound quality has decreased! A number of people bought it on or after April 2012 and were like What this isn't how it's been described?!? Somebody who had an older set bought a new set around this time and found the new set to be much inferior to the old pair. He ended up selling the new set to some poor sap."

From what I understand, it is just that, gossip. The vocal minority made the same claims in the SE5 thread, but many people that bought after that person have had good experiences. Here is what I know:
- two people have the SE5 and aren't happy with it, and one of those people used his pocket as the storage pouch. (and measured on the other site)
- there have been no changes to the manufacturing process as verified by Grzegorz, but a new lab turns out product much faster

It seems there are some people that have sold their SE5. No one knows who those people are as they haven't come forward yet, and no one knows if the reshell is in silicone or acrylic.

The person spreading the gossip on the other board said they have the SE5 and their girlfriend also compared the SE5 with other IEMs/CIEMs. Either they are listening to a SE5 that is not made for their ears, they have one that was reshelled, or their claims are false. The easy way to verify is to request images of the 2 SE5s (the person makes it sound like there are two) and the 1plus2 and mg6pro used for comparison.

People are known to push their own agenda and in doing so make misleading and false claims and this particular person has a history of leaving certain important facts out of posts such as the comparison of their full custom was done vs. a universal. Make your own decision based on logic and past history of the people starting the gossip. I can provide the link so you can ask for pictures if you want to get to the bottom of this.

Jun 25, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #97 of 527
Quote:
From what I understand, it is just that, gossip. The vocal minority made the same claims in the SE5 thread, but many people that bought after that person have had good experiences. Here is what I know:
- two people have the SE5 and aren't happy with it, and one of those people used his pocket as the storage pouch. (and measured on the other site)
- there have been no changes to the manufacturing process as verified by Grzegorz, but a new lab turns out product much faster

It seems there are some people that have sold their SE5. No one knows who those people are as they haven't come forward yet, and no one knows if the reshell is in silicone or acrylic.

The person spreading the gossip on the other board said they have the SE5 and their girlfriend also compared the SE5 with other IEMs/CIEMs. Either they are listening to a SE5 that is not made for their ears, they have one that was reshelled, or their claims are false. The easy way to verify is to request images of the 2 SE5s (the person makes it sound like there are two) and the 1plus2 and mg6pro used for comparison.

People are known to push their own agenda and in doing so make misleading and false claims and this particular person has a history of leaving certain important facts out of posts such as the comparison of their full custom was done vs. a universal. Make your own decision based on logic and past history of the people starting the gossip. I can provide the link so you can ask for pictures if you want to get to the bottom of this.

AJ, I just wanted to thank you ''so much'' for this nice explanation. I should also say I am relieved. You are one of the guys I would def. trust 
wink.gif

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #98 of 527

For having inquired with all known owners before buying, +1 on this...

Jun 25, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #99 of 527
Quote:
For having inquired with all known owners before buying, +1 on this...

Hey Mim, I remember you were looking for aftermarket cables for SE5 way, I found somewhere they make aftermarket cables for Spiral Ears too. At least manufacturer says so. I thought it can be useful for you, here you go:

http://www.plussoundaudio.com/iemcables.html

I don't know if you already bought something but if I could do any help, I am a happy fellow.

Jun 25, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #100 of 527
Average_joe, since I already have a uha-6s mkii, I would like to know if it is a good pairing for the nt6 pro with the dx100 and if it is worth it to upgrade my amp to a portaphile 627/627x, if the dx100 with nt6 pro is 9/10 and the dx100 with 627 and nt6 pro is 10/10, what rating would you give a dx100 with uha-6smkii and nt6 pro combo?

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #101 of 527
Quote:
Hey Mim, I remember you were looking for aftermarket cables for SE5 way, I found somewhere they make aftermarket cables for Spiral Ears too. At least manufacturer says so. I thought it can be useful for you, here you go:

http://www.plussoundaudio.com/iemcables.html

I don't know if you already bought something but if I could do any help, I am a happy fellow.

Thanks for the thought. I ordered an Oslo II from Beat Audio cable. They can make pins adapted to SE5 also. But this is nice to know.

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #102 of 527
Quote:
Thanks for the thought. I ordered an Oslo II from Beat Audio cable. They can make pins adapted to SE5 also. But this is nice to know.

Oh, I am kinda late. Sorry about that, but I hope your Oslo II fits perfectly to your SE5. I liked that cable too, if you say that fits perfectly for your SE5, in the future I can think about Beat Audio cables too.

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #103 of 527
Quote:
Average_joe, since I already have a uha-6s mkii, I would like to know if it is a good pairing for the nt6 pro with the dx100 and if it is worth it to upgrade my amp to a portaphile 627/627x, if the dx100 with nt6 pro is 9/10 and the dx100 with 627 and nt6 pro is 10/10, what rating would you give a dx100 with uha-6smkii and nt6 pro combo?

If you ask me, standalone DX100 would perform better than uha-6s. That amplification would be backstep in the sound but of course Joe might help more than I do. At the end it is up to your ears to decide, if you like it with usa-6s, then pair with it.

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #104 of 527
Quote:

I will get you an answer, but it will take me some time as my gear is inaccessible for a bit of time.  With the stock opamp I have installed, I would suspect the DX100 internal amp is better, but of course listening is the best way to be sure.

Jun 26, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #105 of 527
Quote:
Oh, I am kinda late. Sorry about that, but I hope your Oslo II fits perfectly to your SE5. I liked that cable too, if you say that fits perfectly for your SE5, in the future I can think about Beat Audio cables too.

Beat Audio have an unmatched build quality (I used to own Cronus). Although Tralucent comes close with its new cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back