Custom IEM DYNAMIC driver reshelling service ≤ Ø14mm - $220
Sep 10, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #31 of 118

Quote:
Will EX1000s be too risky?

Risky and crazy, maybe once these come back with positive results we can do the EX1000 the second time 'round!

Quote:
So - I presume I'd have to pay for the cable if I do this with my GR07, seeing as how its cable isn't replaceable in the first place?

Yeah, you can buy a second hand westone or UE cable if you want to save money on that, make sure you specify which socket you want.

Sep 10, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #32 of 118

Quote:
Thanks for an update. It's still pricey though. Let me know if they'd accept DDM1 I'd pay $220 for Radius reshell.

Any chance for a list with reshells options like color scheme or artworks/face plates whatsoever? Unless it will be done by TS in the end...

Yes, they pioneered dynamic drivers in custom IEM's (the first to do so in China) and have the most experience with it, so TS are the best choice, well, the ONLY choice unless you want to start paying $400+ for the reshell alone and have it done in Europe.

Sep 10, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #34 of 118

Here's some examples of design and artwork: http://shop35979424.taobao.com/

TS receives the most positive reviews in China btw, and if you check average_joe's review of the TS842 he says it's his best looking acrylic shell custom IEM! I think that fact alone says something about the top notch design and artwork from TS and why I have faith in them and I'm happy they're willing to do dynamic driver reshells!

At $220 including shipping I'm just barely scraping it together, btw I'm estimating that when returning the product from Australia to "worldwide" I'll be using registered airmail and it should cost me around $25.

Sep 10, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #35 of 118

Quote:
So...how much does the reshelling cost, without the shipping and everything?  It is kind of a pain how shipping to china costs so much whereas shipping back is really cheap...

1200 Yuan and 200 less than that if I can get a group of 6 together which will also minimize shipping costs to China and back naturally.

Edit: 1000 Yuan = $156 USD.

Sep 10, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #36 of 118
Price for 1 person.

1200 + 380 for Westone ES2/ES3 cable. = 1580 = $247 USD.

shipping to China ~$40, Shipping back ~$50 = $90

Total price with cable = $337.

Group deal with cable and cheaper shipping = $275.

Group deal no cable = $220.

Sep 10, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #37 of 118
Group deal with no cable looks good to me... but registered mail back to me is... crazy :D Our local post is too risky :p Just in case - can we just all send it to China then China send it to you?

Sep 10, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #38 of 118
popcorn.gif

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Sep 10, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #39 of 118
Can some people pay extra for the cable? I'm happy to do that. Also, I'd explore all your courier options before you choose DHL - You might find TNT or FedEx cheaper depending on where you're shipping from and to. 

Sep 11, 2011 at 3:15 AM Post #40 of 118

Yes I'll make sure I check FedEx and EMS as well, the weight of each unit should be around 200g x 6. I just liked the idea of DHL because it's the fastest and I have good experience with them.

@dogears maybe we can send to China seperately but I don't want someones parcel to take a month to get there, or they write the wrong address or something, the address is 3 times longer than mine and quite confusing Lol. China has 1 billion people and not the fastest internal postal service it seems.

@ZimmerX Yes you can pay extra for a cable, however you can also source your own cable and get a second hand Westone or UE cable (he provides Westone and UE sockets on the customs).

Sep 11, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #41 of 118

Quote:

Yes I'll make sure I check FedEx and EMS as well, the weight of each unit should be around 200g x 6. I just liked the idea of DHL because it's the fastest and I have good experience with them.

@dogears maybe we can send to China seperately but I don't want someones parcel to take a month to get there, or they write the wrong address or something, the address is 3 times longer than mine and quite confusing Lol. China has 1 billion people and not the fastest internal postal service it seems.

@ZimmerX Yes you can pay extra for a cable, however you can also source your own cable and get a second hand Westone or UE cable (he provides Westone and UE sockets on the customs).

In terms of speed, FedEx has the upper hand on DHL, as well as professionalism. However that comes with a slightly elevated cost. As I can't test out a shipping quote because it's from your address, I don't know which ones comes out as the most cost effective way.

I'm happier receiving the full bundle rather than having to source my own cable. If this is going to be my first custom I might as well get the full shebang rather than having to make extra effort to find a cable for it.

Sep 11, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #43 of 118

Quote:

Fair enough, I'll check with FedEx how much a 1.2kg parcel to China will cost then.

Let me know if you want a Westone or UE cable+socket.

Remember that parcel cost calculated by both DHL and FedEx is calculated by volume first and not weight. However 1.2KG for the 6 impressions sounds like a pretty heavy package, you sure that's correct? I'd say the DUNU boxes I have with the earphones weigh more than impressions and they are only 225g or along those lines.

Sep 11, 2011 at 9:26 AM Post #44 of 118

Well when I sent my stuff to China a few days ago it weighed exactly 0.2kg, I'm not sure how heavy the container I was using was, you have to protect the impressions so they don't get squashed during shipping so you need a hard container...

On second thought when I send 6 impressions at once I can put them all inside the same hard container and label them so of course it won't be 1.2kg, sorry =p anyway the point is sending 6 at once shouldn't cost much more than sending 1 pair right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back