Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload !
Sep 28, 2017 at 2:17 AM Post #377 of 449
David,

Can't wait for my 8.2s to arrive, i bought them from a head-fi user on the first of this month and immediately placed my order for the ownership transfer.
Of course i couldn't help myself and requested some custom artwork and bought a ares ii cable (separately)
I don't really mind playing the waiting game especially since my 6xx won't be here yet before christmas and i am considering getting a toxic widow cable for the 8.2s

I again would like to thank Piotr and Kamil for the great Customer support
Yeah, Piotr and Kamil are great!

I think that @Kerouac has used the Toxic Silver Widow with his H8.2 in the past, so he might be able to tell you more about the pairing.

Nov 7, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #379 of 449
Thicker mids, certainly, but they dont sound like SE846. They are more refined and liquid, the soundstage is quite big but I'm not sure that's a big difference with the SE846. They're clearly less sharp and sound mellow in direct comparison.

Nov 13, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #381 of 449
No, I find the Mids of the shure846 too bright and fatiguating. I want lusher, thicker mids - maybe more colored mids through bass emphasize. I think the 8.2 could fit the bill.
That being said I got a good deal oout of a used one and I will make use of the ownership transfer =)

Nov 13, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #382 of 449
No, I find the Mids of the shure846 too bright and fatiguating. I want lusher, thicker mids - maybe more colored mids through bass emphasize. I think the 8.2 could fit the bill.
That being said I got a good deal oout of a used one and I will make use of the ownership transfer =)

The H8.2 sounds like exactly what you're looking for. @piotrus-g usually has a spreadsheet with used units ready for reshell. If you can't find any in the classifieds, I'd ask him if I were you.

Nov 24, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #386 of 449
Any suggestions on whether to go with copper or SPC for an upgrade cable? I was looking at Effect Audio Ares II but I need a thinner cable since I wear glasses :\ so I am considering plussound x-series.

Nov 25, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #387 of 449
Any suggestions on whether to go with copper or SPC for an upgrade cable? I was looking at Effect Audio Ares II but I need a thinner cable since I wear glasses :\ so I am considering plussound x-series.

For what it’s worth, the Ares II pairs really well with the H8.2. I use glasses and they're consistently comfortable. If you do end up going for an X-series cable, I suggest you get the Tri-Metal; it pairs really well with warm monitors.

Nov 25, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #388 of 449
For what it’s worth, the Ares II pairs really well with the H8.2. I use glasses and they're consistently comfortable. If you do end up going for an X-series cable, I suggest you get the Tri-Metal; it pairs really well with warm monitors.

Thanks. Think I'll just grab the Ares II due to the already positive feedback with the 8.2. The Tri-Metal is out of my price range and the price on the Ares II is just right. I never really liked the molded ear part but maybe I'll work something out.

Nov 25, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #389 of 449
Thanks. Think I'll just grab the Ares II due to the already positive feedback with the 8.2. The Tri-Metal is out of my price range and the price on the Ares II is just right. I never really liked the molded ear part but maybe I'll work something out.

I believe you can ask Effect Audio to remove it for you.

Nov 25, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #390 of 449
The older, cheaper Trimetal has been replaced by the newer, more expensive T-metal. I guess there's probably more gold in the wires.

I've sold my old X Trimetal to @linux4ever who paired it with his H8.2, and the good news is, he reports it as a great combo. The bad news is you can't really get that cable new anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back