1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload !

First

Back
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
  1. muffins
    Nice to still see everyone loving these amazing headphones! :p I've been a bit disappointed that I haven't really been able to enjoy my 8.2's with my Mjolnir. There is an annoying amount of hiss, and it means I need an adapter to go from 2.5mm to 3.5mm to the ifi iematch, then to the single-ended output. Too much extra, but I love the combo, especially balanced

WhatToChoose likes this.
  2. lhydavid
    Thanks for not making me alone!! haha
    Well, I think Piotr and his team have maybe outdone themselves by pushing out the Fibae series!
    Out of the DX220, there is a really nice groove to it, and it just sounds more musical, more layered and wider than my other portables.
    I enjoy H8.2 out of the ADI-2 iem jack as well, even the V280.
    Since this is my first DAP with a balanced output, I actually put on order a new 2.5mm terminated copper/silver hybrid that has been said to further enhance the H8.2. Looking forward to receiving it!!
    Currently I've used the stock cable, as well as a pure silver cable, though I prefer the stock cable in general. It's already very good!
    The silver solidifies the bass more and gives the treble a bit more air for a slightly larger soundstage, though the mids get very slightly pushed back. The stock cable keeps the mids where I like it hence my preference.
    Stock cable on the DX220 was already like listening to a new upgraded version of the H8.2 for me...:beyersmile:

muffins likes this.
  3. muffins
    I recently purchased a gold plated silver cable from Plussound, and *wow* does it improve every little detail, especially the soundstage. I hope you keep enjoying them! :p

4. piotrus-g
    Thanks for your feedback! I'm happy you are enjoying Harmony 8.2

That's interesting, I'm wondering what might be the cause since hissing is not typically reported problem with Harmony.
    Nonetheless I would recommend looking into FIBAE line which should be hiss free.

muffins likes this.
  5. lhydavid
    Stop killing me.....
    I am going to start suffering from gas and go insane from voices in my head....

muffins likes this.
  6. BananaOoyoo
    E5F67A8E-CC97-49C7-971B-4AFB75027487.jpeg

Well... just realized there’s a separate Harmony thread. The newest addition to my IEM lineup :smile:

First

Back
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29