Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload !
post-15053512
Post #436 of 441

muffins

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Nice to still see everyone loving these amazing headphones! :p I've been a bit disappointed that I haven't really been able to enjoy my 8.2's with my Mjolnir. There is an annoying amount of hiss, and it means I need an adapter to go from 2.5mm to 3.5mm to the ifi iematch, then to the single-ended output. Too much extra, but I love the combo, especially balanced

Reactions: WhatToChoose
post-15053529
Post #437 of 441

lhydavid

Head-Fier
Reaction score
Nice to still see everyone loving these amazing headphones! :p I've been a bit disappointed that I haven't really been able to enjoy my 8.2's with my Mjolnir. There is an annoying amount of hiss, and it means I need an adapter to go from 2.5mm to 3.5mm to the ifi iematch, then to the single-ended output. Too much extra, but I love the combo, especially balanced
Thanks for not making me alone!! haha
Well, I think Piotr and his team have maybe outdone themselves by pushing out the Fibae series!
Out of the DX220, there is a really nice groove to it, and it just sounds more musical, more layered and wider than my other portables.
I enjoy H8.2 out of the ADI-2 iem jack as well, even the V280.
Since this is my first DAP with a balanced output, I actually put on order a new 2.5mm terminated copper/silver hybrid that has been said to further enhance the H8.2. Looking forward to receiving it!!
Currently I've used the stock cable, as well as a pure silver cable, though I prefer the stock cable in general. It's already very good!
The silver solidifies the bass more and gives the treble a bit more air for a slightly larger soundstage, though the mids get very slightly pushed back. The stock cable keeps the mids where I like it hence my preference.
Stock cable on the DX220 was already like listening to a new upgraded version of the H8.2 for me...:beyersmile:

Reactions: muffins
post-15053556
Post #438 of 441

muffins

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Thanks for not making me alone!! haha
Well, I think Piotr and his team have maybe outdone themselves by pushing out the Fibae series!
Out of the DX220, there is a really nice groove to it, and it just sounds more musical, more layered and wider than my other portables.
I enjoy H8.2 out of the ADI-2 iem jack as well, even the V280.
Since this is my first DAP with a balanced output, I actually put on order a new 2.5mm terminated copper/silver hybrid that has been said to further enhance the H8.2. Looking forward to receiving it!!
Currently I've used the stock cable, as well as a pure silver cable, though I prefer the stock cable in general. It's already very good!
The silver solidifies the bass more and gives the treble a bit more air for a slightly larger soundstage, though the mids get very slightly pushed back. The stock cable keeps the mids where I like it hence my preference.
Stock cable on the DX220 was already like listening to a new upgraded version of the H8.2 for me...:beyersmile:
I recently purchased a gold plated silver cable from Plussound, and *wow* does it improve every little detail, especially the soundstage. I hope you keep enjoying them! :p

post-15054131
Post #439 of 441

piotrus-g

Member of the Trade: Custom Art
Reaction score
Since getting the DX220, my listening experience with the H8.2 seems to have been elevated to a new level!
I'm honestly very amazed by how this iem has scaled up. I moved from a DX90, then sold my DX90 in favour of LGV30+ that I still use, and then now almost exclusively on the DX220.
The sonic level is really high and compares favourably to my desktop set-up!
Nice. :L3000:
Thanks for your feedback! I'm happy you are enjoying Harmony 8.2

That's interesting, I'm wondering what might be the cause since hissing is not typically reported problem with Harmony.
Nonetheless I would recommend looking into FIBAE line which should be hiss free.

post-15054157
Post #440 of 441

lhydavid

Head-Fier
Reaction score
I recently purchased a gold plated silver cable from Plussound, and *wow* does it improve every little detail, especially the soundstage. I hope you keep enjoying them! :p
Stop killing me.....
I am going to start suffering from gas and go insane from voices in my head....

post-15133044
Post #441 of 441

BananaOoyoo

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
E5F67A8E-CC97-49C7-971B-4AFB75027487.jpeg

Well... just realized there’s a separate Harmony thread. The newest addition to my IEM lineup :smile:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)