Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload !
Jul 9, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #436 of 449
Nice to still see everyone loving these amazing headphones! :p I've been a bit disappointed that I haven't really been able to enjoy my 8.2's with my Mjolnir. There is an annoying amount of hiss, and it means I need an adapter to go from 2.5mm to 3.5mm to the ifi iematch, then to the single-ended output. Too much extra, but I love the combo, especially balanced

Jul 9, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #437 of 449
Nice to still see everyone loving these amazing headphones! :p I've been a bit disappointed that I haven't really been able to enjoy my 8.2's with my Mjolnir. There is an annoying amount of hiss, and it means I need an adapter to go from 2.5mm to 3.5mm to the ifi iematch, then to the single-ended output. Too much extra, but I love the combo, especially balanced

Thanks for not making me alone!! haha
Well, I think Piotr and his team have maybe outdone themselves by pushing out the Fibae series!
Out of the DX220, there is a really nice groove to it, and it just sounds more musical, more layered and wider than my other portables.
I enjoy H8.2 out of the ADI-2 iem jack as well, even the V280.
Since this is my first DAP with a balanced output, I actually put on order a new 2.5mm terminated copper/silver hybrid that has been said to further enhance the H8.2. Looking forward to receiving it!!
Currently I've used the stock cable, as well as a pure silver cable, though I prefer the stock cable in general. It's already very good!
The silver solidifies the bass more and gives the treble a bit more air for a slightly larger soundstage, though the mids get very slightly pushed back. The stock cable keeps the mids where I like it hence my preference.
Stock cable on the DX220 was already like listening to a new upgraded version of the H8.2 for me...:beyersmile:

Jul 9, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #438 of 449
Thanks for not making me alone!! haha
Well, I think Piotr and his team have maybe outdone themselves by pushing out the Fibae series!
Out of the DX220, there is a really nice groove to it, and it just sounds more musical, more layered and wider than my other portables.
I enjoy H8.2 out of the ADI-2 iem jack as well, even the V280.
Since this is my first DAP with a balanced output, I actually put on order a new 2.5mm terminated copper/silver hybrid that has been said to further enhance the H8.2. Looking forward to receiving it!!
Currently I've used the stock cable, as well as a pure silver cable, though I prefer the stock cable in general. It's already very good!
The silver solidifies the bass more and gives the treble a bit more air for a slightly larger soundstage, though the mids get very slightly pushed back. The stock cable keeps the mids where I like it hence my preference.
Stock cable on the DX220 was already like listening to a new upgraded version of the H8.2 for me...:beyersmile:

I recently purchased a gold plated silver cable from Plussound, and *wow* does it improve every little detail, especially the soundstage. I hope you keep enjoying them! :p

Jul 10, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #439 of 449
Since getting the DX220, my listening experience with the H8.2 seems to have been elevated to a new level!
I'm honestly very amazed by how this iem has scaled up. I moved from a DX90, then sold my DX90 in favour of LGV30+ that I still use, and then now almost exclusively on the DX220.
The sonic level is really high and compares favourably to my desktop set-up!
Nice. :L3000:
Thanks for your feedback! I'm happy you are enjoying Harmony 8.2

That's interesting, I'm wondering what might be the cause since hissing is not typically reported problem with Harmony.
Nonetheless I would recommend looking into FIBAE line which should be hiss free.

Jul 10, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #440 of 449
I recently purchased a gold plated silver cable from Plussound, and *wow* does it improve every little detail, especially the soundstage. I hope you keep enjoying them! :p

Stop killing me.....
I am going to start suffering from gas and go insane from voices in my head....

Aug 19, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #441 of 449
E5F67A8E-CC97-49C7-971B-4AFB75027487.jpeg

Well... just realized there’s a separate Harmony thread. The newest addition to my IEM lineup :smile:

Aug 9, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #442 of 449
I am facing an election
I do not know what to do
SE846 or H8.2?
waaaa
:)

Aug 10, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #444 of 449
I am facing an election
I do not know what to do
SE846 or H8.2?
waaaa
:)
They are quite different IEMs to be honest. I would suggest FIBAE 6 (previously FIBAE Massdrop Exlusive) if you want response that will combine both of those IEMs in one.
Otherwise either buy both, or FIBAE7 and SE846 instead of 8.2s

Hope that helps!

Mar 18, 2021 at 9:50 PM Post #445 of 449
Hey @piotrus-g can the H8.2 handle metal very well? Not the usual Metallica stuff but more faster complex stuff like technical death metal ?

Mar 19, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #447 of 449
Hi, yes no worries, I listen to metalcore so every IEM from our line up has to handle heavy genres well haha
Thankyou for the reply @piotrus-g highly appreciate it. It such a surprise to find an iem maker that listens to metal and a huge relief as well for metalheads like me. Is there any specific iem from your lineup that you recommend for heavier genres ? 8.2 is my current pick from what I've read and getting a good deal as well.
Thanks!

Mar 23, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #448 of 449
Hey @piotrus-g can the H8.2 handle metal very well? Not the usual Metallica stuff but more faster complex stuff like technical death metal ?
Hi! I am using Harmony 8.2 with Calyx M for about 5 years now. I have listened to a lot of different music (mainly prog death, technical death but also jazz, hip-hop, pop). I am very happy with the combination to this day. Must say that customer support at CustomArt is top notch! I don't have experience with different CIEMs but read a lot of reviews before buying. I am not considering changing or buying different CIEM (maybe upgrade to new flagman model, if it will happen in future). As far as I understand for some time FIBAE 7 was co-flagman with Harmony 8.2 and is on about same level but with a little different sound signature. @piotrus-g, please correct me if I misunderstood something about the models. Hope this helps in making a decision. :)

Mar 23, 2021 at 6:00 AM Post #449 of 449
Hi! I am using Harmony 8.2 with Calyx M for about 5 years now. I have listened to a lot of different music (mainly prog death, technical death but also jazz, hip-hop, pop). I am very happy with the combination to this day. Must say that customer support at CustomArt is top notch! I don't have experience with different CIEMs but read a lot of reviews before buying. I am not considering changing or buying different CIEM (maybe upgrade to new flagman model, if it will happen in future). As far as I understand for some time FIBAE 7 was co-flagman with Harmony 8.2 and is on about same level but with a little different sound signature. @piotrus-g, please correct me if I misunderstood something about the models. Hope this helps in making a decision. :)
Thank you for your feedback and I'm glad you still enjoy your IEMs after 5years :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back