Custom Art FIBAE Black Announcement
Dec 31, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #121 of 551
I'm glad I made the decision last week and ordered a pair. I was told February at the earliest a few weeks ago so it gives me time to purchase a balanced cable as I don't have anything in the 2 pin configuration.

Hopefully I like them enough and end up not purchasing the fibae 4 as that wasmy original plan before I knew of the fibae black.

Dec 31, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #122 of 551
Nothing to stop you purchasing the fibae 4 when it's announced :p It's a little like pokemon in that respect, gotta catch em all :)

Anyway. Finally stopped mucking about and placed the order. I've decided what the hell and gone custom one more time as my ears sadly really do not like universals all that much. I figure the discount will cover the cost if I do need to get them done anyway, and this time I'll know once and for all. Hoping that 3-d printing helps solve some of the fit issues I've traditionally had. If it doesn't I'm not going through the hassle of multiple refits and will get them universallized right of the bat.

Happy new year everyone!

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #123 of 551
I'll most likely go the universal route for Black. It will hold me over until custom FIBAE 4, which apparently will be more in line with my preferred signature. Also, this will let me compare with my universal Harmony 8.2. FIBAE Black will be my last IEM purchase for 2018. :wink::grimacing:

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #124 of 551
I'm glad I made the decision last week and ordered a pair. I was told February at the earliest a few weeks ago so it gives me time to purchase a balanced cable as I don't have anything in the 2 pin configuration. Hopefully I like them enough and end up not purchasing the fibae 4 as that wasmy original plan before I knew of the fibae black.

I you have cables in MMCX, why not choose that connector?
That’s what I did for the FIBAE Black, did you see you could choose?

You probably can still change your order since it’s not built...

Dec 31, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #125 of 551
I you have cables in MMCX, why not choose that connector?
That’s what I did for the FIBAE Black, did you see you could choose?

You probably can still change your order since it’s not built...

I was told in an older email with custom art that universal's were 2 pin only. The email was maybe a month prior to the announcement of the fibae black so didn't inquire as to if that was still the case. If I'm mistaken I'll look at an order adjustment but I could use my mmcx cable for other earphones anyway. I would have needed a new cable regardless.

Dec 31, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #126 of 551
I was told in an older email with custom art that universal's were 2 pin only. The email was maybe a month prior to the announcement of the fibae black so didn't inquire as to if that was still the case. If I'm mistaken I'll look at an order adjustment but I could use my mmcx cable for other earphones anyway. I would have needed a new cable regardless.

Universals are 2 pin non recessed only.

Dec 31, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #127 of 551
Universals are 2 pin non recessed only.

Oops sorry I thought you were talking customs there, fever must have fried some of my brain cells :p

Jan 5, 2019 at 6:58 AM Post #128 of 551
Took the Black prototype out for a run today.

Black n daps.jpg

Jan 23, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #132 of 551
Eagerly waiting for them as well, should come in february

Jan 23, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #133 of 551
Eagerly waiting for them as well, should come in february

God I've got to wait until february to get impressions done, and then the wait begins. Got to admit to having second thoughts of going the custom route again due to my issues, but am going to stay the course. Only another week to get my ears done and another week after that to get the impressions done.

Post pics @jago when you get yours.

Jan 23, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #134 of 551
God I've got to wait until february to get impressions done, and then the wait begins. Got to admit to having second thoughts of going the custom route again due to my issues, but am going to stay the course. Only another week to get my ears done and another week after that to get the impressions done.

Post pics @jago when you get yours.
Ah, I was somewhat lucky. One of the first audiologists I called said he had an appointment open that afternoon. So, I left work a half-hour earlier, went into town, rode the rickety elevator in the rickety building (never been there before; it has a certain backstreet charm to it), and got some impressions done up. His bed- er, chairside manner made me gulp a bit when he was inserting the cotton. He said something like (my reactions in parentheses), "This is so that the impression material doesn't stick to your eardrum (I knew this). Don't want to go pulling out your eardrum (!!!!!). Hasn't happened, though (relief). Yet (!!!!!!!!!!!#&#!&#%!!!!!!). I'm kidding (angry sigh)." The last time an outsider went into my ear, it was to extract a thing of impacted wax (back when I was visiting a foreign country, I used earplugs to block out the street noise and I guess the extra pollution also had my ear wax centers working overtime. It wasn't a gentle proceeding). I was a bit nervous about the whole thing but it went smoothly. Now, I'm about two weeks into the waiting process for my shipping. I can only hope that my small box can ride the waves of uncertainty all the way to Warszawa (took me a while to get that it was Warsaw. My shame is my own).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back