Custom Art FIBAE Black Announcement
Dec 26, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #106 of 551
Dec 26, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #107 of 551
Fibae Black vs Fibae 3?
Not really shure which one to order... :)
Coming from (old) Shure SE530, and prefering mids and higs to lows.
Inclined towards Fibae 3 though.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #108 of 551
I'm back! :D

vs. Campfire Audio Comet

The Comet - compared to the Black - is a lot cleaner-sounding; almost Andromeda-esque in nature. It has a crisper, airier treble, with a prominent 7kHz peak. The Black has a calmer, softer treble, as well as a fuller, weightier sound. This is also true because of the bass. The Comet has very little mid-bass. It’s not clinical, but its punches are meagre jabs at best. The Black has it beat in sub- and mid-bass content. Notes on the Custom Art IEM are warmer, softer and less defined, while the Comet is more open-sounding but un-dynamic down low. Its lower- and centre-mids are allowed to be more laid-back because of this - there’s no way the bass could overpower it - which gives it a sense of depth. Yet, the Comet has just as lively an upper-midrange because of a rise at 3-4kHz. In stage construction, the Comet wins out - in terms of depth and left-right separation especially. Its speedier transient response and low bass content give the impression of a more free and pristine stage. Again, the tradeoff is in bass content and note resolution. Notes on the Black sound more complete and structurally-sound, while the Comet has a lot of face on okay body.

I'm going to have to listen to the Comet again. Clarity & staging are very important to me. I'm also a treble-head.

Dec 29, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #109 of 551
Only a couple of days left of december for the pre-order guys! Going to put mine in tomorrow. No I still haven't decided. Everytime I think "that's it" a small voice in the back of my head goes "yeah, but hang on what about..." :) :frowning2:

Dec 29, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #110 of 551
Fibae Black vs Fibae 3?

Sounds like Fibae 3 would be more your cup of tea. Tried pming Piotrus for his advice? He actuallly said I was better off sticking with the fibae2 for rock and metal than the ei3 which I had been considering as it was on sale.

Dec 29, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #112 of 551
:confounded::confounded:
You’d probably enjoy the Comet more, then. Keep in mind though, its bass is noteworthily lean.

Yes, I remember thinking that. Unexpected coming from a Campfire Audio IEM. I may be a treblehead, but I do appreciate sub-bass. May need to wait until more info is available on Fibae 4. Back to the FIBAE thread I go.

I may go for universal Fibae Black to complement Harmony 8.2. I have to give another nod to Piotr for offering the custom for the same price; this does make it so tempting to go for CIEM though. :confounded:

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #113 of 551
sir, well a good way of hiding the tech by making it black, but i think i know what are you trying to do in this tech

shaping the sound in the tube with a tube without a damper in phase inverted peak damping scheme which acts sorta Helmholtz on paper but doesn't look like one

you can answer me in wrong and right(no need to explaining)

i made a research paper recently on two Knowles RAB driver where second driver assist in increase in dB but cancelling all high frequency peaks

well i like your design way more than 64audio and other because i was able to see the work done your iem and warbler prelude compared to those normal tubed iem(no offense)
by the way, if what i am thinking is right, the parameters would have been very very tough, like length, diameter and point of connection and angle of supporting connection tube to cancel the peaks

i am trying with dual drivers and if you can share how guys did it on such a small tubing

no need for the technology info

just asking for measuring and making precise connection
Honestly, we are not trying to hide anything. You can order Blacks with clear faceplate and see all the insides - we even have a pictures showing the pressure optimizing tube on our Facebook as the main photo. The Black material has been chosen for 3D printing manufacturing convenience - nothing more, well maybe because black solid does look sexy after all :)
The tube is long indeed but it's manageable length and its length and diameters have been calculated and measured to act on certain frequencies. I'm not able to provide you specification of the pressure optimizing tube - it's our proprietary information.

Fibae Black vs Fibae 3?
I would rather say FIBAE Black. I think there's a lot of parallels to SE530 (which I have)

Also to address some questions I saw.
The first batch will ship in January - that's for sure, we are looking at second part of Jan rather than first, but it should start shipping in Jan nonetheless.
Still we are getting flooded with order - like seriously flooded, so if you place your order just now please indeed expect your IEMs to come rather in Feb than Jan.
Once we are back from Holidays we will be at highest gear with assembly :D

Happy New Years everybody and thank you for your constant support! All best in 2019

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #114 of 551
Honestly, we are not trying to hide anything. You can order Blacks with clear faceplate and see all the insides - we even have a pictures showing the pressure optimizing tube on our Facebook as the main photo. The Black material has been chosen for 3D printing manufacturing convenience - nothing more, well maybe because black solid does look sexy after all :)
The tube is long indeed but it's manageable length and its length and diameters have been calculated and measured to act on certain frequencies. I'm not able to provide you specification of the pressure optimizing tube - it's our proprietary information.

I would rather say FIBAE Black. I think there's a lot of parallels to SE530 (which I have)

Also to address some questions I saw.
The first batch will ship in January - that's for sure, we are looking at second part of Jan rather than first, but it should start shipping in Jan nonetheless.
Still we are getting flooded with order - like seriously flooded, so if you place your order just now please indeed expect your IEMs to come rather in Feb than Jan.
Once we are back from Holidays we will be at highest gear with assembly :D

Happy New Years everybody and thank you for your constant support! All best in 2019

well you already did on the first post and i was able to understand after reading this

amazing work

It was Helmholtz resonator with damper in it

You know, you also got something in plus with it

more volume inside tube, which can reduce direct pneumatic pressure

amazing work bro

Dec 31, 2018 at 5:43 AM Post #115 of 551
well you already did on the first post and i was able to understand after reading this

amazing work

It was Helmholtz resonator with damper in it

You know, you also got something in plus with it

more volume inside tube, which can reduce direct pneumatic pressure

amazing work bro
Thanks. Pneumatic pressure is changed which manifests in dramatic improvements in headroom and soundstage. Still it's very different from other available pneumatic relief solutions on the market because 1) ours is self-contained - doesn't vent to the outside 2) it's not the primary function of the tube, but rather nice addition to it's primary task of shaping fr response.

Dec 31, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #116 of 551
Thanks. Pneumatic pressure is changed which manifests in dramatic improvements in headroom and soundstage. Still it's very different from other available pneumatic relief solutions on the market because 1) ours is self-contained - doesn't vent to the outside 2) it's not the primary function of the tube, but rather nice addition to it's primary task of shaping fr response.
λ=V/f (λ: wavelength of sound wave, V: sound velocity, f: frequency), If i want to dampen the 6kHz area where the sound velocity is 340 m/s. λ=340/6000=0.0566 m=5.66 cm. Therefore, half wavelength is 2.84 cm (approx. 28 mm).

If the length of the bypass tube is set to approximately 28 mm, the sound propagating straight-forward and the bypassing one will have opposite phases and be cancelled out each other at around 6 kHz.

Hmm. I think it is easier than Helmholtz resonator and is point accurate in either killing peak or adding peak

After that, adding a multistage damped Helmholtz resonator on spout of BA connected to Back port in phase cancelling point to kill low freq resonance and increase low note reach. For this i wont be disclosing the papers, this is my patent and proprietary stuff.

I can tell you the above one bro in detail though

Driver is Vented RAB.

This is what i was working on

Since EarCanal is 28 to 32mm, resonance in eardrum rises only between 6khz to 7khz, so this area is important which i can see from your FIBAE BLACK. If i remove the bass boost you did, you did with BLACK, and compare just FIBAE 1 and BLACK....

IT is plain 100x times better in physical movement of sound pressure. the bass boost is icing on cake.

even though i haven't heard it, i saw the full internal pic on insta and i was able to understand the working.

Taking conventional method and perfecting it is the first step to success. well there is some one who is doing this stuff instead of introducing new esoteric tech like others. everywhere i see this blah, this coating, that stuff, but nobody works on the exact sound and its working.

so respect for that, and respect for your work

Second step is to master a simple thing to its complex level

third step is to make it simple again in implementation

all these steps are easy to speak but hard to do

Well Done

But now rises a question

is it comparable or better than the Holy grail of single driver, the Warbler audio Prelude which uses Sonion drive, which i own

Hmmmmm

@piotrus-g

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back