Custom Art FIBAE Black Announcement
Jan 24, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #151 of 551
Well already got an email after my post, such great and reactive customer service :thumbsup:
Wait whaaaa- That's... that's amazing. CustomArt is like a flash mob of customer service.
The clear plates are stunning. Beauty innards.
Unfortunately I can't see mine, as haven't been able to remove them from my head for hours now.......

What'll probably happen to me is that I'll be listening, then realize I'm hungry or something, take them out, start looking at them, then forget that I was hungry.

Jan 24, 2019 at 7:09 PM Post #153 of 551
Those look amazing! Wow.
Is that the stock cable?

Just awaiting shipping update so I can go pick them up! Should be today all going well :)
Yes that is the stock cable for the Black...a new Plastics1 cable

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #156 of 551
So how was your first day with your new FIBAE Black?

It was honestly amazing thanks :)

Not had that feeling from an audio purchase for a long time. Been out of the game too long.
Listening to anything from Pink Floyd to metallica. The blacks handle it all. Every single aspect of the audio has depth and clarity I've never heard before. (Got to remind myself that this is a single BA design.....SINGLE! That's unbelievable!)

. .... Now take this with a pinch of salt as I've never delved into this price bracket before......
But single BA designs are always lacking to me. A nice hybrid BA / DD sounds a lot meatier down low... . But the blacks are on another level completely. Lows have depth and crystal clear, no bleeding into the mids. Mids are forward and have so much detail. And the highs are non fatiguing, never heard a symbal crash like it. Wow.
I think with the single BA and pressure optimisation design there is just that level of cohesion throughout the whole sound. (it's quite difficult to explain, like a very very good single driver speaker say Zu Audio) With the depth of each aspect being so detailed.... Well this is the sound signature for me!

Can't fault a single thing and not wanting anything more!

It just sound right! And with so many genres. (all music was 24/96 HDTracks or vinyl rips. With a few 24/192 albums)

Have the afternoon to myself today so failing in love again with some older albums I haven't listened to in a long time :)

Happy listening.

Jan 25, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #157 of 551
It was honestly amazing thanks :)

Not had that feeling from an audio purchase for a long time. Been out of the game too long.
Listening to anything from Pink Floyd to metallica. The blacks handle it all. Every single aspect of the audio has depth and clarity I've never heard before. (Got to remind myself that this is a single BA design.....SINGLE! That's unbelievable!)

. .... Now take this with a pinch of salt as I've never delved into this price bracket before......
But single BA designs are always lacking to me. A nice hybrid BA / DD sounds a lot meatier down low... . But the blacks are on another level completely. Lows have depth and crystal clear, no bleeding into the mids. Mids are forward and have so much detail. And the highs are non fatiguing, never heard a symbal crash like it. Wow.
I think with the single BA and pressure optimisation design there is just that level of cohesion throughout the whole sound. (it's quite difficult to explain, like a very very good single driver speaker say Zu Audio) With the depth of each aspect being so detailed.... Well this is the sound signature for me!

Can't fault a single thing and not wanting anything more!

It just sound right! And with so many genres. (all music was 24/96 HDTracks or vinyl rips. With a few 24/192 albums)

Have the afternoon to myself today so failing in love again with some older albums I haven't listened to in a long time :)

Happy listening.
Wow! It's really refreshing to hear someone like you so truly and thoroughly enjoy a good product, as these FIBAE Black certainly appear to be, and without breaking the bank on top of it. I'll wait until the FIBAE 4 is finally released, and then I'll decide which side of the pool to dive into...

Jan 25, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #158 of 551
Wow! It's really refreshing to hear someone like you so truly and thoroughly enjoy a good product, as these FIBAE Black certainly appear to be, and without breaking the bank on top of it. I'll wait until the FIBAE 4 is finally released, and then I'll decide which side of the pool to dive into...
Thanks. To be fair I've been extremely fortunate to get back into the game prior to the blacks announcement. Timing was pretty much perfect!
I was always going with CA, just wasn't sure on model. So I read a lot. Asked a lot questions, and these seemed to be just what I wanted.
Always a gamble though, buying, trying, selling.... It can be a vicious circle...a very enjoyable one though :)

These are spot on for me. Lows. Mids. Highs. It's all amazing.

A great test track for me is Lordes track 'Royals' off her album Pure Heroine.

The intro is some serious low bass. This can easily ruin the mids and just sound terrible on other earphones. The blacks go low. The subbass is great. The vocal are crystal clear and all the way through. Just sounds really really good.

Its all subjective of course, for me these hit the mark very well across the board.

Now, I need to find an over ear with the same sound sig and I'm set!

Jan 25, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #159 of 551
A great test track for me is Lordes track 'Royals' off her album Pure Heroine.
Wait, this one?

I'm not hearing much subbass. In fact, it's kind of honky and has a weird... grassy(?) texture. I'll listen some more and ruminate on it.

Seriously though, your endorsement of this 'phone is making me salivate. I should have put a GPS tracker in my shipping box...

Jan 25, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #160 of 551
Wait, this one?

I'm not hearing much subbass. In fact, it's kind of honky and has a weird... grassy(?) texture. I'll listen some more and ruminate on it.

Seriously though, your endorsement of this 'phone is making me salivate. I should have put a GPS tracker in my shipping box...

Haha. Brilliant!

Think my sentences got jumbled up a bit. Meant the blacks have good subbass.
And that the test track is clear in all freq :)
No bass bleed into the mids.

They're a great set. Very happy with them.

Jan 25, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #161 of 551
Now, I need to find an over ear with the same sound sig and I'm set!
Don't know what your budget is, but I got myself a relatively new product, Spirit Torino Twin Pulse, and these are by far the best headphones I listened to (and I tried/owned quite a few). Sub-bass, bass, mids, highs, everything has its properly defined space, a truly linear response while maintaining great musical properties. Soundstage is huge (they're open back) and the positioning of the performers on stage is so precise, you perceive the movements in a live concert. In other words, this is the closest to a live performance (or to a recording) I ever experienced through headphones, and of course a crappy recording will immediately be apparent. Also, they are not exactly cheap but, to me at least, worth every penny!

Jan 25, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #162 of 551
Set of FIBAE Black is in -- can't wait to give these some ear time in the next few days! Something to note: I find the single-flange stock tips included do not really do these IEMs justice. Swap out for a wide-bore set, IMO!

Here's a quick picture taken on my phone. More eye candy to come (sooner or later).

1ad6ca88dc.png

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #163 of 551
Set of FIBAE Black is in -- can't wait to give these some ear time in the next few days! Something to note: I find the single-flange stock tips included do not really do these IEMs justice. Swap out for a wide-bore set, IMO!

Here's a quick picture taken on my phone. More eye candy to come (sooner or later).

1ad6ca88dc.png

I see yours was the one featured on @piotrus-g's Instagram yesterday. :wink:

Jan 26, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #164 of 551
Don't know what your budget is, but I got myself a relatively new product, Spirit Torino Twin Pulse, and these are by far the best headphones I listened to (and I tried/owned quite a few). Sub-bass, bass, mids, highs, everything has its properly defined space, a truly linear response while maintaining great musical properties. Soundstage is huge (they're open back) and the positioning of the performers on stage is so precise, you perceive the movements in a live concert. In other words, this is the closest to a live performance (or to a recording) I ever experienced through headphones, and of course a crappy recording will immediately be apparent. Also, they are not exactly cheap but, to me at least, worth every penny!

Interesting headphone tech never heard about it... but man the price...

Jan 26, 2019 at 3:59 AM Post #165 of 551

Users who are viewing this thread

Back