1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Custom Art FIBAE Black Announcement

First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Next

Last
  1. piotrus-g
    Yeah, it does require a little bit more extra volume - not in a sense that it's hard to drive i.e. requires more power to properly saturate sound, you simply have to turn the volume up, that's because Black's SPL is rather low. And if you are looking to get more V-shaped sound from Blacks adding volume is natural reflex - it has to do with fletcher munson curve
    I get what you mean. I compared Blacks with our whole line up when designing it and I felt like details were always there, just not as upfront/forward. Analogy I came up with is that other IEMs try to cram in and push details on the stage, while Blacks create an extra space on the stage and expand it for all details to fit. At least that's how I hear it and how I would describe it.
    Regarding the tuning, indeed Blacks are not tuned for super crispy and airy treble, nor for ultimate selectivity/resolution, Blacks are designed for fatigue-free long listen with tone and timbre in mind first.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    Aslshark, ustinj, subguy812 and 7 others like this.
  2. davidmolliere
    Oh oh I think this is going to be my late night session go to IEM :)

jeffhawke, Wyville and Deezel177 like this.
  3. davidcotton
    Sounds ideal for an everyday carry work horse unit. I tend to long sessions as I listen at work (no more than 2 hours at a time without a good 20 minute half hour break mind)to block the noise out.

annasoh323 and jago like this.
  4. jago
    Same here. Listen a lot at work as at home I have a 2 year old running around haha. Night time listening for me. Put these in and I'll just really enjoy the music. Perfect for my needs and sound.

Fantastic set.

annasoh323 likes this.
  5. sodesuka
    Just got 'em, pretty nice sounding sets with nothing bad that really sticks out (unless you're a huge basshead who needs whole lotsa bass quantity-wise), lovely vocals, nicely weighted notes, controlled highs, looks like it'll be a keeper for me. Well done Custom Art team.

6. jago
    Just listening to some Peter Green DSD files at work. Absolutely stunning.

piotrus-g likes this.
  7. Apputty
    I should get mine tomorrow.
    Waiting for them.:ksc75smile:

8. dwang040
    Just curious, does anyone have a comparison of these to the Massdrop Plus Universals? Maybe I'm just blind but couldn't find any comparisons anywhere. Thanks

9. annasoh323
    Meanwhile, my ear molds and payment just got into their hands, so now I get to finally jump into the production queue. So... <resets calendar countdown>

Please keep those listening impressions and glamor shots coming! It'll keep the spark alive.

10. Dobrescu George
    This sounds exciting!

Happy to hear you're having this much fun!

I'm eager to hear the fibae Black myself! :)

sodesuka and davidmolliere like this.
  11. davidmolliere
    +1 from what I am reading, pretty sure I am going to love it!

Dobrescu George likes this.
  12. jago
    Ask and ye shall receive .......

(albeit hardly glamorous shots with phone camera)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:)

Deezel177, Wyville, piotrus-g and 3 others like this.
  13. kubig123
    Very interesting, in these closed up you can see the lines from the 3D printer process.

Cannot wait to get mine!

14. jago
    They're extremely well made! The shells, wiring, cable all very very nice.
    Oh and they sound damn good too :wink:

15. ustinj
    Aslshark, Deezel177, Mayth and 5 others like this.
First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Next

Last