Custom Art FIBAE 4 announcement
Jun 3, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #271 of 338
Thanks for the additional input, and comparison to U18t since I have had a significant audition of those I think I have a picture of how the F7 sounds... pretty enticing proposition! This time even if it takes more time building, I’ll stay away from a plain design, faceplate wise because 3D printing fits so good both Black and F4 are the best fitting CIEMs I own :D

I was pretty sure no harshness or sibilance, given you house sound but just confirming, my wallet might not thank you when it’s back flush but... that’s the story of those who fell down that rabbit hole... need to finish my FIBAE4 review anyway :p

I would of thought the plain shells would be easier to print than the fancy ones no? Totally agree with you with the 3-d printing.

Just remember to pick different colour logos so you can tell which is the black, the 4 and the 7! Got to admit found myself contemplating getting the 4 whilst listening to the black. But then again I could get my uni 2's re redone now I've got a set of decent impressions. Decisions decisions :)

Jun 3, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #272 of 338
@davidcotton Yeah that’s why I said only customize the faceplate, the 3D printed shells can only be black from what I gather. Not that I doubt that a regular custom shell from CA would not be perfect as well, it’s just longer lead time I guess.

My Black are black with a clear faceplate, my FIBAE 4 are fully black (basically plain). As I said, Custom Art have a wonderful fit!

Jun 3, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #273 of 338
How are the 4's for rock and metal btw? Honestly leaning towards a reshell of the 2's but half kicking the idea around of getting the 4's.

Jun 4, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #274 of 338
Received my F4 yesterday I'm not able to post any impression atm as they don't sound right probably due to fit

Fitting from a well-know recommended audiologist who took many fittings. And I'm sure CA have done an excellent job moulding to these. So I'm sure the issue does lie with my over sensitive ears.

Basically when I insert them I get instant discomfort after 10 mins I'm not able to bear the pain and have to remove. Done this for about 30-45 mins yesterday today my left ear is sore.

Anyone experience this ? is a refit required or will my ears adjust ? I'm consciouses I may cause some damage due to discomfort.

Jun 4, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #275 of 338
Received my F4 yesterday I'm not able to post any impression atm as they don't sound right probably due to fit

Fitting from a well-know recommended audiologist who took many fittings. And I'm sure CA have done an excellent job moulding to these. So I'm sure the issue does lie with my over sensitive ears.

Basically when I insert them I get instant discomfort after 10 mins I'm not able to bear the pain and have to remove. Done this for about 30-45 mins yesterday today my left ear is sore.

Anyone experience this ? is a refit required or will my ears adjust ? I'm consciouses I may cause some damage due to discomfort.
Is this your first CIEM? Have you looked into the proper way to insert them (twisting)?

Jun 4, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #276 of 338
It is indeed my first ear plug
Just checked some videos and there's mistakes in my techniques just practiced a few, I at least got the full sound :).

Wow sound amazing I was getting worried that I had picked the wrong signature bass is so full and indeed present.

much better in terms of comfort but still experiencing discomfort.

Is this something you get use to over time ? and I reduce by reducing the twist

Jun 4, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #277 of 338
It is indeed my first ear plug
Just checked some videos and there's mistakes in my techniques just practiced a few, I at least got the full sound :).

Wow sound amazing I was getting worried that I had picked the wrong signature bass is so full and indeed present.

much better in terms of comfort but still experiencing discomfort.

Is this something you get use to over time ? and I reduce by reducing the twist
I remember seeing Piotr post somewhere that it usually takes a week or so before the ear gets used to the full-fit of the CIEM. That's what I found with my Blacks - after a handful of days of using them for a few hours each day, they feel less like intruders and more like a part of my ear.

Jun 4, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #278 of 338
I know Westone sells an IEM lubricant that means your ear canals don't have to get used to the friction of insertion at the same time as the added pressure.

I made myself some ear plugs out of impression silicone, and it took a couple days to go from irritation to *liking* having some pressure in the canal.

Jun 4, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #279 of 338
I know Westone sells an IEM lubricant that means your ear canals don't have to get used to the friction of insertion at the same time as the added pressure.

I made myself some ear plugs out of impression silicone, and it took a couple days to go from irritation to *liking* having some pressure in the canal.

Thanks i've inserted some olive oil in my ear.
Wonder if it's worth lubricating the IEM with a little.

Pressure on ear is still quite hight but i'm hoping it was ease

Jun 4, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #280 of 338
I am also first time user of CIEMs with Fibae4. I had some significant discomfort during the first days and especially after the long term wear (3h).
My comfort improved over the time but what I see as extremely important how you insert the IEMs, initial irritation free insert and final light twist to put them in position and achieve the seal are the most important steps.
If you irritate the ear during initial insert or during taking them out it will just become worth if you wear the IEMs longer afterwards.

Jun 4, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #281 of 338
It really depends how well your impressions were made and the initial adjustment to CIEMs is an adjustment anyway. I can vouch that Custom Art has superb fit, in fact among the very very best perfect fit both for the Black and FIBAE 4. I found the material to be of superb quality as well no irritation but your mileage may vary... I have big easy ears.

Jun 5, 2019 at 6:49 AM Post #282 of 338
Hi guys, a bit longer than expected, but finally I was able to take some time to provide some shots of my FIBAE4 Solid black (and FIBAE3 - which I believe was an early version of Galaxy design :) )

Btw. I am selling both of these – If somebody is interested in buying them and then refitting in Custom Art, I can offer a good price here – €540 for F4, and €380 for F3, which is €20/each cheaper than the price posted for these on spreadsheet with used CIEMs from CA. If somebody is interested, I will be happy to pass these on to a new happy listener :)

IMG_7576.JPG
IMG_7574.JPG
IMG_7569.JPG
IMG_7568.JPG
IMG_7566.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7576.JPG
    IMG_7576.JPG
    446.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7574.JPG
    IMG_7574.JPG
    429.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7569.JPG
    IMG_7569.JPG
    271.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7568.JPG
    IMG_7568.JPG
    442.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7566.JPG
    IMG_7566.JPG
    305.4 KB · Views: 0
Jun 5, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #285 of 338
Yup :) I figured that it is either now or probably never (or not in the near future). Big things (wedding etc.) are coming next year so I will probably need to ban head-fi.org, thecustomart.com and instagram for some time :D

Times are scary for my wallet, my friends, even now there are some rumors on another thread about FIBAE14 coming up later this year :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back