Custom Art FIBAE 4 announcement
Aug 23, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #316 of 338
@davidmolliere
Which cable did you prefer overall with the F4 and Dx220/amp 9 combo?
That's the combo I use and I'm tempted to try out one of the cables you mention.

Well I liked both the Hulk and Tiburon 8 wires for different reasons, but I see most people probably preferring TIburon for the openness it brings to the F4. The Hulk will be more punchy and meaty, still great height and depth but Tiburon has a much wider soundstage and more separation. Basically depends what you’re looking for :wink:

Aug 26, 2019 at 8:57 PM Post #317 of 338
20190826_202148.jpg FIBAE 4 & Dunu Hulk

Aug 26, 2019 at 10:46 PM Post #318 of 338
Aug 27, 2019 at 1:23 AM Post #319 of 338
:beerchug:

@subguy812 So how do you like the pairing?
I do. I have both Ares II 8-wires, 3.5mm and 2.5mm balanced and the quick connector on the Hulk saves me from swapping cables. I have not A/B'ed the cables but I like what I am hearing. You know I am not a huge cable guy. The Hulk checked the price box at $300 and offered the connector system.

Sep 1, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #320 of 338
Just curious really, (and because I'm mulling the idea of ordering one or the other) which is better for progressive and melodic rock (and audiobooks, but that's not a deal killer really) the 4 or the 6? Talking about band like Magnum, Marillion, Mostly Autumn, Blackmore's Night and so on (if that helps, which I doubt :p ) In other words is the price difference between the 2 worth it? I'm discounting the 7 as a)too far out my comfort zone (and these 2 are pushing it as is :frowning2: ) and b) doesn't sound like the signature I would like for long term listening when at work.

Sep 1, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #321 of 338
Talking about band like Magnum, Marillion, Mostly Autumn, Blackmore's Night and so on (if that helps, which I doubt :p )
I'm following ya partner! I'm prog head myself.

Unfortunately I only have the black to give opinions on, and it's a gentle listen, nice and warm fix for some of the harsher prog recordings. I think I'm going to save for the 7 here. The 4 looks tempting still. Custom art has won me over as a repeat customer after my experience with black.

Anyone know if thecustomart is having any holiday discount? I know they're in Poland, but some of their market base is here in the USA.

Sep 2, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #322 of 338

Unfortunately I only have the black to give opinions on, and it's a gentle listen, nice and warm fix for some of the harsher prog recordings. I think I'm going to save for the 7 here. The 4 looks tempting still. Custom art has won me over as a repeat customer after my experience with black.

Anyone know if thecustomart is having any holiday discount? I know they're in Poland, but some of their market base is here in the USA.

Sadly CA generally don't do sales as a rule. They have a generous discount at the launch of a new model, but then that's it. Great if your impulsive like a certain david molliere ( :p ) not so great if you are incapable of making a decision (like me :p ).

Sep 2, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #323 of 338
Well looks like my reputation precedes me :p
Never regretted it though :D

Sep 3, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #324 of 338

IMO CA is fairly priced without a sale, relative to other manufacturers. If you do some comparison you will see.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2019 at 6:36 AM Post #325 of 338
Just curious really, (and because I'm mulling the idea of ordering one or the other) which is better for progressive and melodic rock (and audiobooks, but that's not a deal killer really) the 4 or the 6? Talking about band like Magnum, Marillion, Mostly Autumn, Blackmore's Night and so on (if that helps, which I doubt :p ) In other words is the price difference between the 2 worth it? I'm discounting the 7 as a)too far out my comfort zone (and these 2 are pushing it as is :frowning2: ) and b) doesn't sound like the signature I would like for long term listening when at work.
FIBAE 6 if you like sub-bass more than anything and if you are looking for DD-like signature. FIBAE4 if you are looking for more balanced signature. FIBAE4 would be direct upgrade to FIBAE2 for sure within similar sound signature realms.

Yeah, we don't normally do any sales, except for (like mentioned) with pre-orders.

Sep 3, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #326 of 338
Hello, FIBAE6 ??? Is that your new IEM, a basshead IEM ?

Sep 3, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #327 of 338
Hello, FIBAE6 ??? Is that your new IEM, a basshead IEM ?

It’s the Massdrop FIBAE, just directly sold now through Custom Art

Sep 3, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #328 of 338
FIBAE 6 if you like sub-bass more than anything and if you are looking for DD-like signature. FIBAE4 if you are looking for more balanced signature. FIBAE4 would be direct upgrade to FIBAE2 for sure within similar sound signature realms.

Yeah, we don't normally do any sales, except for (like mentioned) with pre-orders.

The F6 starts out bass focused, but it is good quality bass, especially for a BA. It is the BA, IMO, that most closely resembles DD bass. The treble could be the forgotten hero in this signature but it extends well and has a touch of sparkle. As Piotr says, the F4 is the more balanced of the two but I seem to go back to the F6 based on the engagement factor alone.

Sep 3, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #329 of 338
Sep 3, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #330 of 338
Great I ordered a FIBAE 6 :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back