Custom Art FIBAE 4 announcement
Sep 12, 2019 at 1:25 AM Post #331 of 338
I posted this in another thread and thought it deserved to be in the F4 thread...

This evening I was relaxing with Tool Pneuma, from their new release. While it is not my favorite track on Fear Inoculum, it reached a level of spirituality with the Custom Art FIBAE 4 and Dunu Hulk cable and Kann Cube setup.

The nuances and intricacies flying around in my cerebrum was incomprehensible. The F4 showcased a bass that not only reached down deep but transitioned beautifully. Danny's drumming left me slack jawed. Percussion, guitar riffs crunching, bass lines telling their own story and Maynard's haunting vocals and lyrical prowess. All facets were delivered to me by the F4 and the hairs on my arms stood up.

As consumers, music listeners, reviewers and connoisseurs I feel we don't spend enough time enjoying what brought us here, music. So quick to meet a review deadline, so quick to move on to the next new piece of gear. I encourage you to pause.

Thank you Custom Art and Tool for the experience

Sep 12, 2019 at 3:47 AM Post #332 of 338
Very good point and yes F4 and Dunu Hulk is a great pairing, even with DX220!

You're right it's all about music, these days I am listening a lot to the F4 while waiting for the F7 (yeah the next thing you're right we tend to get insatiable!).
I have said it before but the F4 even better than even a hundred hours with them allowed me to see for my review, nuances and layers I discover as I go through different genres and albums (now I have to check the one you mention :p).

Sep 12, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #333 of 338
Torn between the 4 and the 6. Need to get a decision made before a certain something triggers something.

Sep 12, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #334 of 338
Torn between the 4 and the 6. Need to get a decision made before a certain something triggers something.
I think might make your decision worse if I attempt tonight to capture the same vibe with the F6.

Sep 12, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #335 of 338
I think might make your decision worse if I attempt tonight to capture the same vibe with the F6.

Basically I use em as expensive earplugs to block noise out at work. So to make it easy, which one would be the easiest to live with for daily listening sessions? I'm talking an hour and a half to an hour at a time really. Listen to progressive and melodic rock (with a side order of synth (think Jm Jarre et al and audiobooks) thrown in for good measure.

I do have a set of universal fibae 2's and just wondering whether it would be cheaper and easier to stick with them and either get them re (re) molded into customs, or just get custom tips for them (only reason I'm against that is that I've already lost one tip and don't want to do that again!).

Oct 3, 2019 at 3:28 AM Post #336 of 338
If someone wants to get a bargain on a FIBAE4, selling mine in the FS section, a pure bargain if you want my opinion... The FIBAE7 are taking all my air time since I got them it ticks all my boxes so collateral damage is the F4, VE8 and Phantom no less! I can’t listen to them all and I’d love for them to give as much joy as I had with them :D

Oct 4, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #337 of 338
If someone wants to get a bargain on a FIBAE4, selling mine in the FS section, a pure bargain if you want my opinion... The FIBAE7 are taking all my air time since I got them it ticks all my boxes so collateral damage is the F4, VE8 and Phantom no less! I can’t listen to them all and I’d love for them to give as much joy as I had with them :D
This would be a much easier sell if you hadn't gone and written such glowing words about the F7 :ksc75smile:.

I'm actually in a pretty emotionally vulnerable state with respect to IEMs right now. I might've blown out the left driver on my FBlack by leaving it plugged in when I turned on a finicky amp. Thusly, I need to start prepping shipping paperwork and I'll be IEM-less for a while, not to mention needing to pay the piper for my stupidity. So... this is dangerous territory for my wallet.

Oct 5, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #338 of 338
This would be a much easier sell if you hadn't gone and written such glowing words about the F7 :ksc75smile:.

I'm actually in a pretty emotionally vulnerable state with respect to IEMs right now. I might've blown out the left driver on my FBlack by leaving it plugged in when I turned on a finicky amp. Thusly, I need to start prepping shipping paperwork and I'll be IEM-less for a while, not to mention needing to pay the piper for my stupidity. So... this is dangerous territory for my wallet.

Eh eh eh I love the F7 indeed :D

As I have said in my F7 review the forward mids won’t be for everyone and the F4 is pretty amazing with a different tuning that might be more of someone’s taste :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back