crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Apr 11, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #1,786 of 3,338
Interesting, I have a friend who's going to Japan next month. I might have to check out that intime sora light.

Just got to an e earphone store and they will have that and so much more to demo. I went to both the akihabara and shibuya store and definitely recommend the former. Its muuuuch bigger

Apr 13, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #1,787 of 3,338
Torn between the EVR, M7 and QDC 4ss and Anole V3. Looking for something that has good soundstage, imaging, clarity, decent bass, with good vocals and air. Which one will suit me better?

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #1,788 of 3,338
@crinacle what output impedance do you like the best with andromedas?

I like it on near-zero personally.

Torn between the EVR, M7 and QDC 4ss and Anole V3. Looking for something that has good soundstage, imaging, clarity, decent bass, with good vocals and air. Which one will suit me better?

4SS suits those criteria the best I think.

May 17, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #1,797 of 3,338
I need a recommendation. Looking for a new iem, sub $500, but preferably sub $300. Currently have the JH13FP (I believe also called the v1), which is an awesome CIEM, neutralish and very clear in the mids.

This week just for fun picked up the Sennheiser IE 40 Pro, which is a DD. Only cost $100, but pretty fun for the price. Nice deep and extended sub bass, mids fairly clear as there's no bass bleed, but somewhat recessed otherwise. Highs are slightly emphasized, but grainy at times and good for the price. U shaped overall I'd say. Imaging is great and soundstage decent. Anyway, a fun change from the JH13FP, but definitely not at that level.

Hoping to find an IEM with the oomph from a DD and the clarity of a BA in the mids without very harsh highs. Detailed sound, good imaging and soundstage would be nice. I guess I'd want to try a hybrid, as a full BA setup just will never have that same type of bass definition and extension as a good DD can have.

I've read about the Fiio FH5, ibasso IT03 and IT04, but not sure what else I'm missing. Would appreciate any recommendations. Thanks!

Last edited:
May 17, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #1,798 of 3,338
I need a recommendation. Looking for a new iem, sub $500, but preferably sub $300. Currently have the JH13FP (I believe also called the v1), which is an awesome CIEM, neutralish and very clear in the miss.

This week just for fun picked up the Sennheiser IE 40 Pro, which is a DD. Only cost $100, but pretty fun for the price. Nice deep and extended sub bass, mids fairly clear as there's no bass bleed, but somewhat recessed otherwise. Highs are slightly emphasized, but grainy at times and good for the price. U shaped overall I'd say. Imaging is great and soundstage decent. Anyway, a fun change from the JH13FP, but definitely not at that level.

Hoping to find an iem with the oomph from a DD and the clarity of a BA in the mids without very harsh highs. Good imaging and soundstage would be nice. I guess I'd want to try a hybrid, as a full BA setup just will never have that same type of bass definition and extension as a good DD can have.

I've read about the Fiio FH5, ibasso IT03 and IT04, but not sure what else I'm missing. Would appreciate any recommendations. Thanks!
Final E5000

May 17, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #1,799 of 3,338
I need a recommendation. Looking for a new iem, sub $500, but preferably sub $300. Currently have the JH13FP (I believe also called the v1), which is an awesome CIEM, neutralish and very clear in the miss.
I just found the iem you are lioking for , periodic audio carbon

Hoping to find an iem with the oomph from a DD and the clarity of a BA in the mids without very harsh highs. Good imaging and soundstage would be nice. I guess I'd want to try a hybrid, as a full BA setup just will never have that same type of bass definition and extension as a good DD can have.

May 17, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #1,800 of 3,338
Final E5000
This ticks two boxes, its definitely has smooth and warm sounding highs, soundstage is decent but I don't think it has good clarity in the mids, likewise I think it will lack the level of DD oomph he's looking for. It's also more midbassy than rumbly.

Ive tried the FH5, IT03 and IT04 and I'd put them like this : IT04>FH5>IT03

Another option would be the FiiO FA7 which I would place on par with the IT04 but with a different tuning.

Edit: the IT01S is also a noteworthy iem to check out but the highs are more energetic (but not harsh) so I'm not sure if you'd like them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back