crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Jun 1, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #1,817 of 3,338
I had purchased HYLA TE5T after listening to whole bunch of mainstream/flagship iems(64 audio, campfire, etc). I believe that Hyla have better extensions on either side of spectrum & the mids to die for. I had specifically purchased "Treble" version as I enjoy female vocals & classical music. I use my cables i.e. Dita Oslo; if I want more mid bass punch, subbass rumble, fuller meatier lower mids & pulled back trebles especially for poor recordings (majority of EDM is poorly recorded) and EA Horus; for peak transparency, neutral signature, open upper mids & trebles..this combo performs best on good recordings...poor recordings sound harsh & unbearable. I am very impressed by the piezoelectric driver. The transients, speed & pin point imaging (reminiscent of estat) are one of the best. Campfire audio iems are very good, fun sounding BUT not the very best. YMMV.

Jun 2, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #1,819 of 3,338
Me too agree: Hyla 5 are fantastic with electronic music and has avery nice treble when the fitting is perfect and the cable is mixed copper and silver. Compared to andro is a little close but bass of Hyla are fantastic. Anyway the best for a complete and fantastic experience of music i found 64 Audio U12t. A & K T8IE is a very fun IEM, but similar to andro regardind the Harsh treble.
Regarding the cable...
I was telling another head-fier how amazing the stock cable is on the CE-5. I tried the rhapsodio SG2.98 mk2 on it and still went back to the stock cable. Looks like any other cheap cable but it just works so well with the CE-5.

Jun 2, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #1,820 of 3,338
Regarding the cable...
I was telling another head-fier how amazing the stock cable is on the CE-5. I tried the rhapsodio SG2.98 mk2 on it and still went back to the stock cable. Looks like any other cheap cable but it just works so well with the CE-5.
Sure the syock cable is good but the aftermarket cable that I tried was a little better. Just a little better. For me

Jun 2, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #1,821 of 3,338
Sure the syock cable is good but the aftermarket cable that I tried was a little better. Just a little better. For me
Which one btw? I need to try some other cables. Perhaps gold/silver isn’t meant for the CE-5.

Jun 2, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #1,824 of 3,338
The IE 40 Pro too, I'd be interested in how that fares in the very competitive $99 price point.
The IE 40 Pro is really good for a $100 iem. Just too bad the stock cable is very prone to microphonics. Otherwise no complaints at that price point.

Jun 2, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #1,825 of 3,338
Could someone recommend me some IEMs off Crinacle's list? My budget is ~$2000 and I listen to mainly EDM (nothing extreme, just future bass) and some hip-hop/R&B.

I currently have Andromedas but I've also owned the Hyla CE-5 and ER4XR. I don't yet understand what sound signature I prefer but in general, I prefer something that has more punchy bass and that doesn't have any harsh/pronounced treble. I love my andros but for some EDM songs they hurt a little in higher frequencies and my taste in music has changed because of them. Preferably, I'm looking for something similar to the campfire cascades (with a tad less bass). I've tried the vegas and they were very underwhelming with everything sounding so muffled so I guess I just want something like the andromedas with slightly more bass or less treble.

Any recommendations are very welcome! I don't need a definitive answer, I'm just hoping someone could point me towards some IEMs to try out; I'm going to be traveling to China, Singapore, and Japan in the next two months where I can try out IEMs but I want to start with a smaller list.

hyla te5b very good for EDM music.

Jun 3, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #1,826 of 3,338
Which one btw? I need to try some other cables. Perhaps gold/silver isn’t meant for the CE-5.
I don't think gold is a valid conductor of sound. Gold is just usefull to insulate the connector, but is not good for the sound. Copper + Silver, or copper alone or silver alone are the best. For Hyla 5 I tried both Copper 8N or Mixed 4N Silver+ 4N Copper, and found the last the better. The pics show what I meant.
20190603_121835.jpg
20190603_121927.jpg
20190603_122034.jpg

Jun 20, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #1,829 of 3,338
Jun 20, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #1,830 of 3,338
Which IEM would win:

The CA Vega, a $1,099 luxury item manufactured by a boutique company, with a non-crystalline diamond driver, liquid alloy metal shell, and a silver cable braided with the utmost care?

Or the Sony MH755, the flimsy $8 earbuds bundled with a budget Bluetooth receiver and sold by the bin in China?

There’s a new ranking out, and it appears to be a tie.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back