crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Oct 3, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #2,986 of 3,338
+1 on the VX being boring. For a similar price you can get the A12t that is much more versatile. :)
The A12t to me is the king of the sub-2k yes (and I call it sub 2000 because they have discounts on it pretty much constantly)

I’ve been hearing really good things about the MEST from some friends who’s impressions are in line with mine, so I would definitely be interested in trying those, but I’m also developing my HP side of things so I am kinda pausing my IEM spending

Oct 3, 2020 at 4:45 AM Post #2,987 of 3,338
+1 on the VX being boring. For a similar price you can get the A12t that is much more versatile. :)

at 2000 usd beside U12t what are some of the best best options for iem out their

Oct 3, 2020 at 4:57 AM Post #2,988 of 3,338
The A12t to me is the king of the sub-2k yes (and I call it sub 2000 because they have discounts on it pretty much constantly)

I’ve been hearing really good things about the MEST from some friends who’s impressions are in line with mine, so I would definitely be interested in trying those, but I’m also developing my HP side of things so I am kinda pausing my IEM spending
If you think IEMs are a Habbit Hole, wait you dig deep on desktop gear. :)

Put the Focal Clear on you list if you can.

Oct 3, 2020 at 5:04 AM Post #2,989 of 3,338

I’ve heard the Clear and I also really liked the Elear (which I own atm) - my current top two are actually both by Abyss (the Diana V2 and the 1266 Phi CC - even though I haven’t tried the 1266 TC)

I’m not a big fan of those crazy expensive HP amps and DACs as I think they’re a bit of a band aid for things you dislike about your current set of headphones, so I’m trying to get more transparent gear, and then try out a bunch of HPs on it to see what they actually sound like before all the coloration of a 6000$ tube amp for example

Once I narrow down exactly what setup I’d like to use for my testing I’ll start going through more sets and possibly start ranking them, but it’s still early stages

Oct 3, 2020 at 5:11 AM Post #2,990 of 3,338

If possible please put the Susvara on the list too :)

Oct 3, 2020 at 5:21 AM Post #2,991 of 3,338
at 2000 usd beside U12t what are some of the best best options for iem out their
Depends on what you're looking for. I do like LX, UERM, Z1r, SD5, Solaris OG... From short audition/memory the VE8 and Elysium. But my experience range is not even close to these guys around here, like Crin and Raz.

Oct 3, 2020 at 5:24 AM Post #2,992 of 3,338
I’ve heard the Clear and I also really liked the Elear (which I own atm) - my current top two are actually both by Abyss (the Diana V2 and the 1266 Phi CC - even though I haven’t tried the 1266 TC)

I’m not a big fan of those crazy expensive HP amps and DACs as I think they’re a bit of a band aid for things you dislike about your current set of headphones, so I’m trying to get more transparent gear, and then try out a bunch of HPs on it to see what they actually sound like before all the coloration of a 6000$ tube amp for example

Once I narrow down exactly what setup I’d like to use for my testing I’ll start going through more sets and possibly start ranking them, but it’s still early stages
Fair enough, have you tried the iFi iDSD pro and iCan. They are quite praised army knife's.

Oct 3, 2020 at 5:25 AM Post #2,993 of 3,338
+1 on anole VX too.
Top notch reso but to me the BA timbre is really there. Artificial sound. This is my personal opinion but VX is stellar in some ways just not for me.

Oct 3, 2020 at 5:26 AM Post #2,994 of 3,338
Depends on what you're looking for. I do like LX, UERM, Z1r, SD5, Solaris OG... From short audition/memory the VE8 and Elysium. But my experience range is not even close to these guys around here, like Crin and Raz.
Thanks will check them out

Oct 3, 2020 at 5:27 AM Post #2,995 of 3,338
+1 on anole VX too.
Top notch reso but to me the BA timbre is really there. Artificial sound. This is my personal opinion but VX is stellar in some ways just not for me.
Why is the VX boring?

there is a place for demo in Bangkok but far from my home

Oct 3, 2020 at 5:28 AM Post #2,996 of 3,338
Fair enough, have you tried the iFi iDSD pro and iCan. They are quite praised army knife's.

Next Wednesday I’m receiving the HeadAmp GSX Mini and the Pico portable amp, as well as the ifi BL, and I also have my Romi BX2 to compare to them. The A90 should also be arriving really soon as that’ll be the starting point, followed by some quick sales most likely haha

If possible please put the Susvara on the list too :)
As soon as I figure out my portable and desktop setups I’m putting everything on my list :D

+1 recommendation for the IER Z1R and the LX, and I’d add the Andromeda 2020 as my personal addition to the must try list

Oct 3, 2020 at 5:29 AM Post #2,997 of 3,338
Thanks will check them out
If you look closely, you will see that all of them have different sound signatures. So it's really what you're looking for and your mood of the day.

But, good luck on the search, find pleasure on that and don't get too stuck in uncontructive discussions. :)

Oct 3, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #2,998 of 3,338
+1 on the VX...didn’t really enjoy it at all - I think I had it for 2 weeks before i sold it.

Oct 3, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #2,999 of 3,338
Next Wednesday I’m receiving the HeadAmp GSX Mini and the Pico portable amp, as well as the ifi BL, and I also have my Romi BX2 to compare to them. The A90 should also be arriving really soon as that’ll be the starting point, followed by some quick sales most likely haha

As soon as I figure out my portable and desktop setups I’m putting everything on my list :D

+1 recommendation for the IER Z1R and the LX, and I’d add the Andromeda 2020 as my personal addition to the must try list
Thank you :) looking forward to your list
If you look closely, you will see that all of them have different sound signatures. So it's really what you're looking for and your mood of the day.

But, good luck on the search, find pleasure on that and don't get too stuck in uncontructive discussions. :)
thank you sir :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back