crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Nov 23, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #226 of 3,338
I've narrowed my choices for a good bass iem down to the future Sonics G10, Sony MDR 7550, 1more quaddriver, and the Oriveti New Primacy. Any thoughts on which is best for hip hop and electronic music?

Nov 25, 2017 at 4:09 AM Post #232 of 3,338
I've narrowed my choices for a good bass iem down to the future Sonics G10, Sony MDR 7550, 1more quaddriver, and the Oriveti New Primacy. Any thoughts on which is best for hip hop and electronic music?

New Primacy has somewhat reserved, controlled bass so if that's what you're looking for, sure. The 1More Quads are sort of "meh" to me; I'm not going to laugh at anyone for buying one but I don't have much praises for it either. 7550 has good quality bass but the quantity may be lacking for huge bassheads.

Seeing that bass is being discuss , how far of is the bass of Zeus R (wtb) vs the Andromeda (own) ?
Any input or advise will be vastly appreciated. Thk in advance.

I find the bass of the Zeus to be its biggest weakness, especially if ADEL is in the equation. Andromeda's bass sounds more rounded and natural to me, while the Zeus is one-note, limp and basically weak.

Could you add the ranking of Massdrop X Noble

I would if I could get my hands on one. No shop has it on demo and I have no interest in purchasing one.

anyone had any experience with the 64 audio u4-se? around what tier would it fall under?

Maaaaybe B-/C+. Been a while since I tried it.

Nov 25, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #233 of 3,338
"I find the bass of the Zeus to be its biggest weakness, especially if ADEL is in the equation. Andromeda's bass sounds more rounded and natural to me, while the Zeus is one-note, limp and basically weak"

@crinacle thanks for headup.

So if im looking for Andromeda kind of sound signature with a dynamic driver bass , what is the recommended iems i can look out for ?
*** prefer those available in uni form .
Tia

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2017 at 7:22 AM Post #237 of 3,338
@crinacle i really appreciate all your hard work with this ranking list and answering all our questions. I wish more reviewers did more lists like this. Im deciding to pull the trigger between the UM Miracle v2 and the Empire Ears Athena (non ADEL version). Any chance you have audtioned these? I read your preferences, and they are similar to mine, so which would you pick?

Nov 26, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #238 of 3,338
hey crinacle, will you rank Warbler Prelude IEM, this turkish delight got number #4 in flinkenick iem shoutout. also there the new Sennheiser IE 800s.

hope you can rank them someday, we will need to see if one of them is the best for the buck iem for 1000$.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #239 of 3,338
"I find the bass of the Zeus to be its biggest weakness, especially if ADEL is in the equation. Andromeda's bass sounds more rounded and natural to me, while the Zeus is one-note, limp and basically weak"

@crinacle thanks for headup.

So if im looking for Andromeda kind of sound signature with a dynamic driver bass , what is the recommended iems i can look out for ?
*** prefer those available in uni form .
Tia

Tia Fourté although that isn’t in everyone’s budget.

Nov 26, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #240 of 3,338
@crinacle i really appreciate all your hard work with this ranking list and answering all our questions. I wish more reviewers did more lists like this. Im deciding to pull the trigger between the UM Miracle v2 and the Empire Ears Athena (non ADEL version). Any chance you have audtioned these? I read your preferences, and they are similar to mine, so which would you pick?

Been too long since I last heard the Miracle and I never got an opportunity to demo the Athena. Sorry about that.

hey crinacle, will you rank Warbler Prelude IEM, this turkish delight got number #4 in flinkenick iem shoutout. also there the new Sennheiser IE 800s.

hope you can rank them someday, we will need to see if one of them is the best for the buck iem for 1000$.

I'm probably the biggest skeptic of the Prelude in the hype-machine that is Head-Fi. Then again, I've also been one of the biggest skeptics of the A18 and Fourte but I ended up praising them still. But as someone who has rudimentary technical knowledge of IEM systems and BA tech, the notion that a single BA driver with all its limitations can play with the likes of S-tier gear is hard to entertain at times. There is just too little that a single full-range BA driver can do on its own.

Who knows. I'll get a listen in eventually. Let's see how I feel about it then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back