Creative Super X-Fi headphone holography
Oct 4, 2019 at 1:37 AM Post #722 of 1,002
Wuhuhuhuhu

Oct 4, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #723 of 1,002
New version of the software is out! Ver 3.4.25.01

They actually added my Massdrop Sennheiser PC37x, I'm totally impressed!

Wonder why there's still barely any of these units on the market, maybe they're just being bought up too quick...

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #724 of 1,002
I just purchased the Creative Outlier Gold which incorporates Super X-Fi via software. They are a great pair of TWS buds even without using the SXFI app. I can hear differences when I use the SXFI on, but I am wondering if I am getting anywhere near the quality I would notice if I purchased the SXFI Amp. Does anyone have experience here, or would like to offer up an opinion? I'm still shocked that Creative directly is about the only way to pick up the amp. Not even Amazon appears to have it.

Oct 11, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #725 of 1,002
I just purchased the Creative Outlier Gold which incorporates Super X-Fi via software. They are a great pair of TWS buds even without using the SXFI app. I can hear differences when I use the SXFI on, but I am wondering if I am getting anywhere near the quality I would notice if I purchased the SXFI Amp. Does anyone have experience here, or would like to offer up an opinion? I'm still shocked that Creative directly is about the only way to pick up the amp. Not even Amazon appears to have it.
Can you compare them to other iems or tws

Oct 11, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #726 of 1,002
I'm still shocked that Creative directly is about the only way to pick up the amp. Not even Amazon appears to have it.

Yep, I find it kinda strange since every other recent Creative product is pretty widely available. The SXFi amp on the other hand is almost non existent...

I bought mine with somewhat of a discount on eBay, when there was a couple of units listed there. It was a great price compared to the RRP, I think in GPB it was like £89 (same as a Dragonfly Black). Instead of being lile £129 or whatever it costs on the Creative store.

Since I've bought mine they seem to have almost disappeared from online unless you go straight to Creative. Also, strange that nobody is even selling a used one right now lol

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #727 of 1,002
Can you compare them to other iems or tws
Well, I think the Creative Outlier Air or Gold both sound extremely good. I wouldn't trade them for my best set of wired IEMs or my electrostats, but they emit a balanced sound, support aac and aptx, will stay in your ear if you're exercising, and now at least do not constantly drop out. Originally dropping out was a problem with these products but it appears to have been settled and neither pair of Creative buds I've had have exhibited this. They have the best battery life for TWS and are just an overall excellent product. They are better than the airpods at almost half the cost.

I didn't find the Super XFI simulated surround sound to be totally convincing, which is why I was trying to see how a more advanced product that had an onboard chip might have a more advanced algorythm. Even without using the Super XFI the Outlier Gold are completely worth it.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #730 of 1,002
Super X-fi > Sennheiser GSX-1000 > SBX > CMSS 3D.

You forgot DTS Unbound, sounds great compare to SXFI, this is the next competitor.

https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9PJ0NKL8MCSJ
https://dts.com/sound-unbound/faq

1. Click on the following link to go directly to the DTS Sound Unbound product page in the Microsoft store:

2. Select DTS Sound Unbound from the Spatial sound settings from the taskbar. This will bring you directly to the Microsoft Store page.

• Right-click on the speaker icon in the taskbar

• Select "Spatial Sound"

• Select “DTS Sound Unbound

On windows 1903 on Spatial Selection I don't have DTS Sound Unbound. I only have Windows Sonic for Headphones , so just use that, it's the same and it's detected on the software as working

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #731 of 1,002
Well THIS just dropped!!!

https://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-x3

upload_2019-10-14_20-25-14.png

Oct 14, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #732 of 1,002
Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #734 of 1,002
So, Creative is back ordered on the SXFI AMP... would the X3 be a good replacement product, and also a little cheaper?

Oct 16, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #735 of 1,002
I wonder why this new soundblaster doesnt list that it works with Xbox but does PS4... Since it has a optical input couldnt i simply plug it into my xbox or plug it into the back of my TV??
It’s because XBOX does not support USB audio. PS4 and Switch do but only stereo. Would be interesting if the X3 does surround over USB with PS4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back