Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Feb 17, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #2,866 of 3,608
Didn't have that problem when I bought the Sparkos.

I did. If you can afford it, go for Sparkos.

Importing them would cost me twice as much as buying the V5i from a local retailer. I did not want to pay more for the OPAMPS then I did for the whole soundcard.

Check this out V6 Vivids on my SB X7:

Check my short review here : https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bur...-opamps-discussion-and-reviews.854912/page-12

I am now thinking to make some op amps adapters similar to this:

I will use some kind of box to store the V6 Vivids, then I will put the SB X7 on top.

I al ready received my sockets can't wait to start the work. :grin:

Nice. But I do hope you are not actually using a Logitech Z623. :smile_phones:

Feb 17, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #2,867 of 3,608
Importing them would cost me twice as much as buying the V5i from a local retailer. I did not want to pay more for the OPAMPS then I did for the whole soundcard.

no I'm using z906 but selling it soon and then I'm gonna get Xm7

Feb 19, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #2,868 of 3,608
Good choice. The sound of the XM7s is way superior to the typical x.1 Logitech systems which suffer from vastly underpowered satellite speakers and the subwoofer bleeding far into the mids.

Feb 20, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #2,873 of 3,608
How would you even accomplish that? XM7's for front channels then active speakers for center/rear and a sub?

guess that's the only option you have unless you have AV Receiver and you will also need rca to 3.5mm cables.

active.jpg

I wish SB X7 was like an AV Receiver then you could simply buy some cheap passive speakers for Rear/Center and save some money.

Feb 21, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #2,874 of 3,608
guess that's the only option you have unless you have AV Receiver and you will also need rca to 3.5mm cables.

I wish SB X7 was like an AV Receiver then you could simply buy some cheap passive speakers for Rear/Center and save some money.

Yeah I guess you could use a receiver, then what would the point be of the X7? Maybe they'll do an X7 version 2 with full passive ports for 5-channel surround and then an active or passive sub. Change the shap to square or something for the added ports? I like the unique shape now but it's not conducive to putting stuff on it. :D

Feb 21, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #2,875 of 3,608
Yeah I guess you could use a receiver, then what would the point be of the X7? Maybe they'll do an X7 version 2 with full passive ports for 5-channel surround and then an active or passive sub. Change the shap to square or something for the added ports? I like the unique shape now but it's not conducive to putting stuff on it. :D

You will need a separate receiver/amp just to power the passive speakers.

Feb 22, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #2,878 of 3,608
Good to see this thread still active. I have been away, because I don't need more headphone stuff, lol. Best way to save money is to avoid this site!

Has anyone been using the Xbox One with Dolby Atmos or Microsoft's solution? Basically turn off the VSS on the X7, Turn On Dolby Atmos through optical out. I have been using that, and I really like Dolby Atmos headphone. I am waiting for my Smyth Research A16, hopefully in the next few months. It's going to be sending it's signal to the X7 through optical (X7 is next to my couch, all other electronics are in the rack under the TV). I was thinking to upgrade, but after the Sparkos swap, I can't imagine a DAC being much better until you spend some serious money. X7 is very impressive to me. Love it, and it is so useful, adding phone calls, music, or whatever you want while gaming. When I use my MZ2 as amp, The X7 is just a DAC, and a damn good one!

Feb 25, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #2,879 of 3,608
I currently use the ad900x headphones with my x7. I enjoy the large soundstage though I know it is at the expense of a fuller sounding headphone. I know the x7 can do better with a different set of cans.

My question would be what are the best matched headphones for the x7 that afford a large soundstage and are better sounding all around. Looking at around a 300 dollar range but I could pay more for the right headphones

Feb 26, 2018 at 2:05 AM Post #2,880 of 3,608
Is anyone using a Beyerdynaqmic T1 with the X7? Does is provide enough power for the 600 Ohm headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back