Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Oct 13, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #3,601 of 3,608
Gotcha, I've been looking on aliexpress and ebay to find a nice one. Seems to be a bit tough to find a quality built one since not much testing has been done on them to verify their operation. Any tips finding a nicely built one?
Don’t have any helpful tips here for you. There are several cheaper units that is also adjustable. If the voltage is shown correctly, then it is what it is. Mine have been working just fine, and my psu can constantly be turned on, or triggered on/off anytime I want
Mine exhibits this ringing as well. Did you ever figure out a solution or even a definitive cause? I was doing some testing and my preliminary thoughts seemed to point to specific bit rates causing this ringing sound. But I wasn’t able to reliably replicate this. What lead you to believe this was a hardware issue?
this ringing can be exhibitEd by both, either the host or slave device, and it is not easy to diagnose. There are multiple possible reasons

Oct 15, 2023 at 7:08 AM Post #3,602 of 3,608
Does the line-out on X7 go through the amp section or is it pre amp section ? is the amp section for headphone out jack only ?

Can I use X7 as a standalone DAC in combination with another headphone amplifier through the line-out ? like Schiit Heresy ? Will it work well as a standalone DAC only ?

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #3,604 of 3,608
Mine exhibits this ringing as well. Did you ever figure out a solution or even a definitive cause? I was doing some testing and my preliminary thoughts seemed to point to specific bit rates causing this ringing sound. But I wasn’t able to reliably replicate this. What lead you to believe this was a hardware issue?
I eventually isolated the issue to only occur when I used USB Host mode with my phone… computer USB or Bluetooth was fine (also optical).

Dec 15, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #3,605 of 3,608
I eventually isolated the issue to only occur when I used USB Host mode with my phone… computer USB or Bluetooth was fine (also optical).
I did more testing and was able to narrow it down to a single bit rate causing this ringing. For my setup, the ringing only happens while playing 44.1khz audio via the usb host port. Other bit rates play without issue. Odd....

Jan 31, 2024 at 6:07 PM Post #3,606 of 3,608
hello everyone i have a question about this X7, i have a 4.0 setup so i want to know if i play dolby digital 5.1 sound from spdif input can it be downmixed to 4.0 ? maybe with the mobile app or pc app ? i know it can for audio played from the pc but i want to know about audio from the spdif input thanks !

Feb 1, 2024 at 1:04 AM Post #3,607 of 3,608
hello everyone i have a question about this X7, i have a 4.0 setup so i want to know if i play dolby digital 5.1 sound from spdif input can it be downmixed to 4.0 ? maybe with the mobile app or pc app ? i know it can for audio played from the pc but i want to know about audio from the spdif input thanks !
Yup, this is how I use mine. I have two bookshelf passive speakers being powered by the internal amp. And then two satellites for the rear speakers driven by an external amp. I use the X7 app for speaker settings and untick the centre channel. Any 5.1 signal through the USB input or SPDIF is downmixed to 4.0 no problem. I have a subwoofer I use sometimes for the x.1 for movies/gaming and enabling that is as easy as checking the subwoofer box.

Feb 1, 2024 at 1:38 AM Post #3,608 of 3,608
Yup, this is how I use mine. I have two bookshelf passive speakers being powered by the internal amp. And then two satellites for the rear speakers driven by an external amp. I use the X7 app for speaker settings and untick the centre channel. Any 5.1 signal through the USB input or SPDIF is downmixed to 4.0 no problem. I have a subwoofer I use sometimes for the x.1 for movies/gaming and enabling that is as easy as checking the subwoofer box.
YES thank you !! so hard to find a soundcard to can work for both my PS5 and PC and downmix 5.1 to 4.0 for my setup finally ! Im gonna use it for pc and through optical out of my tv with PS5 setup finally complete

Users who are viewing this thread

Back