Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions
Apr 3, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #2,896 of 3,608
Thanks, I know that. That is the point of my questions. I was just puzzled...
1) Why can it transmit audio to the dongle at a ps4 but not to a standard bluetooth headphone?
2) Why can it only use compressed DD 5.1 or 2-ch PCM@24/192 when 6-ch PCM@24/48 would have less bandwidth than the 2-ch PCM (or even using something like Dolby TrueHD with additional lossless compression)?
1) it can transmit voice only (mono signal). It can receive stereo.
2) there is no 5.1 PCM over toslink standard. S/PDIF does not allow for 6x 24/48 stream. This is not Creative's fault, rather it's the spdif creators fault.

Apr 12, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #2,899 of 3,608
I'm currently using the X7 as a "DAC/pre-amp", with another amplifier that I plug my headphones to.
In the X7 Control Panel there's a setting called "Speaker output target", it was originally set as "Line + Amplifier Out". When I change it to "Line Out", the volume is higher. What does this setting actually do and which one should I be using?

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #2,900 of 3,608
I'm currently using the X7 as a "DAC/pre-amp", with another amplifier that I plug my headphones to.
In the X7 Control Panel there's a setting called "Speaker output target", it was originally set as "Line + Amplifier Out". When I change it to "Line Out", the volume is higher. What does this setting actually do and which one should I be using?
This setting controls which analog output on the back of the unit is active. It's either speaker outs, rca outs or both. I assume the volume is higher in line out mode because the voltage isn't split between two outputs.

Apr 13, 2018 at 7:20 AM Post #2,901 of 3,608
This setting controls which analog output on the back of the unit is active. It's either speaker outs, rca outs or both. I assume the volume is higher in line out mode because the voltage isn't split between two outputs.
Thanks for the reply. The only output that I'm using on the back of the X7 is the RCA line-out to the other amp, so I suppose the "line-out" is the best option to use here? I still find it curious that there's a difference in volume between those two settings.

Apr 13, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #2,904 of 3,608
Am tipping line out is the one you want

"Line out" volume to the next amp in the line.

Does the volume dial on the X7 change the input when it's set to "line out"?

Does it change the volume when it's "amp and line out"?

Apr 15, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #2,908 of 3,608
SparkosLabs SS3601 and 3602

I mean non Discrete designs, what's the best IC OP AMPS for x7?

I tried SS3601 in buffer with LME49720HA in I/V and I found it sounds clean, but the high is bit harsh and gets boring after few hours listening, also gives ear fatigue.

But with AD827SQ I\V,Signetics NE5534N in buffers( also used this setup on ZXR) it is more neutral and energetic and sounds real, but not as lively as bursons op amps.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #2,909 of 3,608
You need to do the full Sparkos swap. It destroys the Burson v5i full swap.

Apr 15, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #2,910 of 3,608
You need to do the full Sparkos swap. It destroys the Burson v5i full swap.

I find the Sparkos duals are overpriced compare to Bursons V6, and I asked sparkos to give me good offer as im going to review them, but he can't go lower than $50 for each+ $20 for shipping.

Luckily I got 2 used ss3601 for £40 on ebay,and imo they dont sound anything special while pairing with ic op amps.

I don't know what's so special in sparkos dual op amps.I wish I could try them and then buy them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back