Creative Aurvana Live! Review and Mods
Jun 28, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #76 of 258
I'd like to know if there is a way to add to the cushion on the headband. It digs into my skull after 20 - 30 minutes of listening.

To me, the ear pads are very comfortable.

I'm pretty happy with the way they sound out of the box. The mids are a little recessed but I don't think the V shape is entirely accurate. I don't find that the high notes stand out, not in the way that the bass does.

Jun 28, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #77 of 258
Quote:
I'd like to know if there is a way to add to the cushion on the headband. It digs into my skull after 20 - 30 minutes of listening.

To me, the ear pads are very comfortable.

I'm pretty happy with the way they sound out of the box. The mids are a little recessed but I don't think the V shape is entirely accurate. I don't find that the high notes stand out, not in the way that the bass does.

This might work:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Headband-Cushion-pad-SONY-MDR-V6-V600-DENON-AH-D2000-D5000-D7000-Ear-Headphones-/200874848065?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item2ec512ef41#ht_875wt_925

Jun 29, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #79 of 258
Do you know if this is available in real leather instead?

That's a copy of the beyerdynamic DT770/880/990 pro headband pad, and I'm not totally convinced it'll fit the CAL headband very well.

However, if you're interested, Turbulent Labs used to sell a custom made real leather version of the pad ...

Jun 29, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #80 of 258
Quote:
No they don't. Neither do the 840 pads.

Are you sure? I'm looking for a comfortable ear pad for my CAL!, I was to Buy the 940 ear pads, but now I'm doubting.

I think that maybe these ear pads can fit: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0056C5JYO/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_9?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1O44Z2C3OZAM9

or these: http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Replacement-Cushions-SENNHEISER-Headphones/dp/B0084NQQOY/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A1O44Z2C3OZAM9

Jun 29, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #81 of 258
That's a copy of the beyerdynamic DT770/880/990 pro headband pad, and I'm not totally convinced it'll fit the CAL headband very well.

However, if you're interested, Turbulent Labs used to sell a custom made real leather version of the pad ...
It definitely doesn't fit the CAL! I picked one up for another phone and it is too long and too wide to fit.

Jun 29, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #82 of 258
Picked up a pair of these and am quite impressed. Did the rope mod to the pad (length of rope under them to give more depth clearance) and just enjoy the sound. Very good bass and highs, nice V shape signature. These are keepers for sure. Impressive comfort even with the pads being a bit small in diameter. V-Moda could learn a thing about pad comfort from these even if the size isn't optimal. Very comfy and the headband is as well. I'm probably going to use them for yard work or in general outdoors stuff.

Jun 30, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #83 of 258
It definitely doesn't fit the CAL! I picked one up for another phone and it is too long and too wide to fit.

Thanks for the confirmation! That's exactly what I expected, after comparing my Beyers to my CAL! (I have the premium style headband pad, but it obviously going to be a very similar size to the clip on pro style pade)

Jun 30, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #84 of 258
My CAL! with the pioneer SE-MJ5 replacement ear pads, now it feels more comfortable, and the sound doesn' change, although there is a improvement of bass...

I bought black velvet, foam and velcro, to make myself the cushion headband...

Jun 30, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #85 of 258
Quote:
Picked up a pair of these and am quite impressed. Did the rope mod to the pad (length of rope under them to give more depth clearance) and just enjoy the sound. Very good bass and highs, nice V shape signature. These are keepers for sure. Impressive comfort even with the pads being a bit small in diameter. V-Moda could learn a thing about pad comfort from these even if the size isn't optimal. Very comfy and the headband is as well. I'm probably going to use them for yard work or in general outdoors stuff.

How would you compare the sound of the CAL! vs the V-Moda M-80?

I know the headband on the V-Moda is far more comfortable than the CAL! I had the Crossfade LP and that was a VERY comfortable design. I didn't care for them other than that.

Jun 30, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #86 of 258
Quote:
My CAL! with the pioneer SE-MJ5 replacement ear pads, now it feels more comfortable, and the sound doesn' change, although there is a improvement of bass...

I bought black velvet, foam and velcro, to make myself the cushion headband...

Do you have pictures or a step by step of the headband mod?

Thanks!

Jun 30, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #88 of 258
Quote:
How would you compare the sound of the CAL! vs the V-Moda M-80?

I know the headband on the V-Moda is far more comfortable than the CAL! I had the Crossfade LP and that was a VERY comfortable design. I didn't care for them other than that.

Didn't have the M-80, had the Crossfade.  I like the CAL (from limited head time mind you) better for sure.  Pads are way better (like I said, V-Moda could learn a thing or two from this headphone). 

I had no issue with the headband either but haven't had them on for more than 45 min.  They feel comfy all around. 

Jun 30, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #89 of 258
I had the Crossfade LP. I found them to be very comfortable, even the earpads. My pointy skull preferred the headband on the Crossfade. The CAL! headband hurts the top of my head after 20 - 30 minutes.

I found the sound quality to better on the CAL! than the V-Moda

Users who are viewing this thread

Back