Creative Aurvana Live! 2
Jun 5, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #376 of 563
Ok guys I modded my CAL2 with Dynamat, and it sounds SO much better now!

The bass is REALLY right, no more bloat or uncontrolled bass. It even made the lower-mids better, because of the tight bass.

I put some dynamat inside the cups, on the butt of the driver, and on the round plate when you take of the pads.

I'll post pics later.

Yes, it's much heavier now with all that dynamat, but it doesn't matter, it's my favourite closed headphone now.

You should really try some dynamat!

Jun 5, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #377 of 563
  Ok guys I modded my CAL2 with Dynamat, and it sounds SO much better now!

The bass is REALLY right, no more bloat or uncontrolled bass. It even made the lower-mids better, because of the tight bass.

I put some dynamat inside the cups, on the butt of the driver, and on the round plate when you take of the pads.

I'll post pics later.

Yes, it's much heavier now with all that dynamat, but it doesn't matter, it's my favourite closed headphone now.

You should really try some dynamat!

great to hear, look forward to the pics!

Jun 6, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #378 of 563
You loaded the back of the baffle?  Smart.
Pics or it didn't happen! 
tongue.gif

Jun 7, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #379 of 563
Here are the pics:

Inside the cups

The butt of the driver. Remember to make a hole in the middle, so the driver can breathe

This is what made the biggest impact. Remember to cut out holes for the screws

I know it doesn't look pretty. Not the best cut-outs, but it works!

Jun 7, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #380 of 563
nice...whats the effect on the soundstage? 

Jun 7, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #381 of 563
Oh right, the filter, can't load the back.

Jun 10, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #382 of 563
Hi, just got my CAL2.. been enjoying it pass few days... So now tot of getting the hd598 cable... does it really fit? cos I've read somewhere dat it does fit.

http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/sennheiser-hd598-replacement-lead-3m.html

Jun 10, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #383 of 563
  Here are the pics:

Inside the cups

The butt of the driver. Remember to make a hole in the middle, so the driver can breathe

This is what made the biggest impact. Remember to cut out holes for the screws

I know it doesn't look pretty. Not the best cut-outs, but it works!

Hi, which dynamat u use for this mod?

Jun 28, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #386 of 563
After just 6 months of light use, the 2.5mm plug will only pass audio to one side. 
I did my best to clean it with cotton swabs and some rubbing alcohol but no dice (did I mention that it's really hard to clean that thing? not only is it 2.5mm but it's also recessed!)

With the official CAL 2 cable, audio only comes out on the right side. I've tried using a different brand's 3.5mm-to-2.5mm cable, and now the sound comes out only on the left side, so that's a confirmation that it's an issue with the headphone plug.

Unfortunately there are no CAL2 resellers in my country so I'm not sure how I'll be getting those fixed.

Jun 28, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #387 of 563
  After just 6 months of light use, the 2.5mm plug will only pass audio to one side. 
I did my best to clean it with cotton swabs and some rubbing alcohol but no dice (did I mention that it's really hard to clean that thing? not only is it 2.5mm but it's also recessed!)

With the official CAL 2 cable, audio only comes out on the right side. I've tried using a different brand's 3.5mm-to-2.5mm cable, and now the sound comes out only on the left side, so that's a confirmation that it's an issue with the headphone plug.

Unfortunately there are no CAL2 resellers in my country so I'm not sure how I'll be getting those fixed.

Are you sure you have the Cal 2 cable all the way in the jack on the headphone cup?  I had the same problem only to find you have to make sure it clicks all the way in.

Just a thought, sometimes the obvious is what is wrong.

Jul 5, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #389 of 563
I got the original CALs and find them quite good, albeit a tiny bit muddy/dark in the low end. From what I've heard, the CAL2 is even darker, is it true?

No comparison to the CAL, but the CAL2 is a little bassy, in some ways muddy, and definitely darker.

Jul 17, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #390 of 563
 No comparison to the CAL, but the CAL2 is a little bassy, in some ways muddy, and definitely darker.

So I'm not the only one thinking these are dark! These are my first pair of over ears and I was quite disappointed coming from my pair of Sony MH1c iem's as far as balance. It's definitely worth it once you factor in the huge soundstage though.  I thought I got a 'bad' pair but that's probably not the case and  have to really eq up the upper mids and highs for these to sound good to me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back