Creative Aurvana Live! 2
Dec 22, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #181 of 563
It's bassy but definitely not a "basshead" headphone IMO.

Nice detail and soundstage, I'd rate it much higher than the first CAL

MUCH higher? Hmm.

How does it compare to the Takstar Pro 80?

I may add this new CAL to my collection.

Dec 22, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #183 of 563
  Anyone know a good alternative to Dynamat? It's really expensive here in Europe. I've used some foam in the cups, but need some Dynamat type material for the drivers.

Paxmate, furniture felt pads (foam, rubber, fiber types), corc pads with one sticky side, double sided tapes (foam type), window sealing strips (rubber, foam)

Thinner: Miropore tape, plasters

Dec 22, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #184 of 563
I have some Micropore tape do you really think that would work well as a dampener?

Dec 22, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #186 of 563
Anyone know a good alternative to Dynamat? It's really expensive here in Europe. I've used some foam in the cups, but need some Dynamat type material for the drivers.

Lawton Audio is now using Fat Mat instead of Dynamat.

Dec 25, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #187 of 563
Ok, update on mod!

I've applied even more foam on the side of the cups. It tightened up the bass even more! No more boomy, sloppy bass! Nice and controlled. Here's a picture so you can see;

Dec 26, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #190 of 563
Im still waiting on my adapter but I get the feeling I like my CAL 1's signature better, there is a spacier feel with the 2's but it feels much more dark and the bass feels pretty loose to me. The CAL 1's were already pretty dark. 

Dec 26, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #192 of 563
  Have you tried modding? Add some foam in the cups. It cleared up the bass for me. Much tighter now

I am going to Home Depot today, What would be the most ideal form of dampening without taking up much space that would be reversable? (Currently plan on returning), I did micropore tape on my CAL! 1's and noticed a difference but I have more room to work with in the CAL! 2's so if I am going to mod them what would I pick up from Home Depot?

Dec 26, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #194 of 563
  I wonder how this sounds like

Well... buy it, take it home, listen to it, and return it within 30 days if you don't like it. Simple as that :)

But I think you'll like it. In an age where basshead Beats by Dre clones are a huge part of the headphone market, I think you'll be surprised that a can that looks good and has a super design actually sounds good! Though the bass could be tamed a bit more, but I've solved that problem by adding foam in the cups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back