Creative Aurvana Live! 2
Dec 15, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #138 of 563
Puncturing a hole to create your own bass reflex port will only change the balance by decreasing the sub-bass and increasing the mid-bass, which then will introduce all kinds of problems for audiophiles (i.e. bloatedness, inbalance, overwhelmed mids, etc). That is unless you create a computer model of the headphone and are able to calculate the optimal size of the port to only affect bass below 50Hz or something similar, which may not be even possible depending on a number of factors.

Dec 16, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #139 of 563
Anyone with more technical experience can tell me if the addition of a volume control on the cable affects sound quality?
I'm asking beacuse I've never seen volume controls on high-end expensive models.

If so, I'll change the cable

Dec 18, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #146 of 563
Seems as though CAL went for the basshead market and that the CAL v2.0 has a large bass and lower-mid emphasis, when looking at graphs compared.

What other changes or improvements to the sound were made?

I am not a fan of massive bass, so taking an already bass-heavy can like the CAL and increasing the bass would make the v2.0 a non-starter for me.

Dec 18, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #147 of 563
Seems as though CAL went for the basshead market and that the CAL v2.0 has a large bass and lower-mid emphasis, when looking at graphs compared.

I am not a fan of massive bass, so taking an already bass-heavy can like the CAL and increasing the bass would make the v2.0 a non-starter for me.

I don't consider the CAL! or the CAL! 2 a basshead headphone, but if the little bass on the CAL! is too much bass for you, than you should avoid the CAL! 2.

Dec 18, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #149 of 563

It's bassy but definitely not a "basshead" headphone IMO.

Nice detail and soundstage, I'd rate it much higher than the first CAL

Dec 18, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #150 of 563
  It's bassy but definitely not a "basshead" headphone IMO.

Nice detail and soundstage, I'd rate it much higher than the first CAL

Yep, I have a basshead phones - NuForce HP-800 and I've heard a couple of more in my life and CAL!2 are not near to being a basshead cans. However the bass is quite vivid in new Aurvana, nothing to be ashamed of though. The SQ is supperb, details and soundstage are charming ... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back