Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Apr 30, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #1,758 of 12,335
I placed my order on april 1st and still havent shipped i don't know how you are receiving yours first because on the delievering status page they only shipped orders up to 3/22.
I placed my order for a Crack on April 3 and am receiving it today.  So it is taking about 4 weeks to get mine.

Apr 30, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #1,759 of 12,335
We ship kits just as soon as the parts to kit them up arrive. Some customers order kits with the Speedball upgrade. Right now those kits are shipping slightly behind kits ordered without the upgrade because we are waiting for parts for the Speedball kits, which should be here later in the week. In some cases there may be differences in delivery based upon the carrier used as well.

We use small local companies to make the chassis panels, the wood bases, the transformers, the PC boards and a few other components. The kits are also designed with parts that are suitable for 20th century style point to point wiring in this 21st century where everything is made to be surface mounted. Because of these factors parts can be difficult to keep in steady supply.

The old saying is "good, fast, cheap - you can only have two of the three". We choose high quality at a budget price as our two priorities.

Apr 30, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #1,760 of 12,335
I haven't ordered the Speedball upgrade -- yet.  From everything I have read, and assuming I can get through the Crack build (I'm not a DIYer), then I'll likely order the Speedball at some point in the future.

Apr 30, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #1,764 of 12,335
Thanks guys. We've been doing it this way for about 17 or 18 years now. Thankfully we have a lot of patient customers!

May 3, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #1,766 of 12,335
Swapped out the stock EH 12AU7 for a Telefunken, really liking what I'm hearing so far. Complements the HD650 very well by bringing out more air and details. It's also dead silent with no microphonics, the EH was terrible in that regard. Pretty much had to hold my breath every time I walked past the Crack.

May 6, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #1,767 of 12,335
Quote:
Swapped out the stock EH 12AU7 for a Telefunken, really liking what I'm hearing so far. Complements the HD650 very well by bringing out more air and details. It's also dead silent with no microphonics, the EH was terrible in that regard. Pretty much had to hold my breath every time I walked past the Crack.

Glad your enjoying the Telefunken.  I'm currently having microphonic issues with my RCA 6as7g.  But on the plus side.. my RCA 12BH7 is finally burned in and sounds great.

May 6, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #1,769 of 12,335

Users who are viewing this thread

Back