Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Feb 3, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #8,087 of 12,335
ooh. Please let me know if you prefer them over the stock. I'm looking to change out the stock tube.

Works been busy & I haven't had much time with my Crack. I have listened for about 1hr with the RCA 6as7g. However it seemed a bit more harsh so far. I swapped in the stock 6080 & it was smoother. However to be fair, I did notice that I can hear something loose inside the RCA 6as7g if lightly shook. So it might not be nos as the seller suggested & may be running out of juice. The other 6as7g got delayed in the mail & I haven't received it yet. I'll be doing more listening before making any claims tho.

Feb 17, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #8,093 of 12,335
Hmm besides my HD600s I have the HD558 & the M50x as well. I hadn't even thought to try either of the other two pairs on my Crack...I'll have to give it a try!!!

Side Note: I just received the Speedball upgrade in the mail this week. Finally after over 6 weeks. I wasn't I. A rush so it didn't bother me. I have REALLY been enjoying the Crack stock & wanted to get akin to its sound before the SB upgrade.

Feb 18, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #8,094 of 12,335
Just got a new RCA 6AS7G from Tubedepot...first one was humming a lot, AC heater noise, they replaced it with no quibblng and the second one is excellent, quiet, works very well......Even the RCA's are getting pricey!! $30 + shipping.

My crack has speedball and it does make a difference...

Headphones, Beyer T90 and T1 2G...the crack works with these cans as best as I have heard...

Alex

Feb 18, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #8,095 of 12,335
Noob toob here. 'they' say the Tung Sol 5998 is the bee knees of these tubes.

They seem to be VERY expensive. I am thinking of getting a matched pair, I can use in my WA22 and SB Crack.

Is there a new contender or are these still the tubes to get, maybe even someone can say... Don't bother this is Audio nervosa.

???

Feb 18, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #8,096 of 12,335
Noob toob here. 'they' say the Tung Sol 5998 is the bee knees of these tubes.

They seem to be VERY expensive. I am thinking of getting a matched pair, I can use in my WA22 and SB Crack.

Is there a new contender or are these still the tubes to get, maybe even someone can say... Don't bother this is Audio nervosa.

???
5998 in the Crack is awesome. Yes they are getting expensive .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back