Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Apr 9, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #6,782 of 12,335
Do you guys know the difference between a double and triple-mica Sylvania Gold Brand GB6080? Except for the mica, the internal construction is identical. The triple however has a tan colored plastic bottom while the double is black.

Apr 10, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #6,784 of 12,335
   As i said before my CRACK and S.E.X. was not working,2 weeks ago i managed to fixed the CRACK and today i installed a Cree Diodes.

As the proctologist said: glad to see your Crack is healthy again! 
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #6,785 of 12,335
Has anyone tried choke loading the cathode of the power tube (6080 etc) of the Crack? I have read about supposed benefits of choke loading a cathode follower.  While I don't have a Crack anymore, I am interested in its effects in respect to another build.

Apr 11, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #6,786 of 12,335
Has anyone tried choke loading the cathode of the power tube (6080 etc) of the Crack? I have read about supposed benefits of choke loading a cathode follower.  While I don't have a Crack anymore, I am interested in its effects in respect to another build.

Check out the Bottlehead forums - this topic is discussed rather extensively there in the Crack thread IIRC.

-John

Apr 11, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #6,787 of 12,335
Thanks for that.

I know that there has been extensive experimentation with chokes to replace the resistors in the power supply, thus CLCLC or some variation thereof.  I also know that the subject of plate (anode) loading the 12AU7 with a choke has been brought up, but that the experts prefer the C4S.  I haven't seen any mention to date of loading the cathode of the cathode follower with a choke.  Can you please provide me with a link to where you have seen this?

Warm regards

Nathan

Apr 11, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #6,791 of 12,335

As i said before my CRACK and S.E.X. was not working,2 weeks ago i managed to fixed the CRACK and today i installed a Cree Diodes.

As the proctologist said: glad to see your Crack is healthy again! 
biggrin.gif

Alive well........
beerchug.gif

Neat idea. Do you have a scope to show the difference between the two bridges? I assume its better. :)

Sorry i don't have a scope.To my ears with this MOD the background  is quieter(this crack never have any hum before the cree diodes was installed now it's even quieter),overall sound is smoother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back