Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Nov 26, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #6,241 of 12,347
Cheers for the rapid replys.

Do you know if the Interference will still exist after purchasing a DAC?

I will check out the DACs mentioned above. I am running my BHC with HD600s, will these DACs work well with my cans?

Thanks

Nov 26, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #6,242 of 12,347

I will check out the DACs mentioned above. I am running my BHC with HD600s, will these DACs work well with my cans?

Thanks

The three I mentioned worked best with HD600 and HD800. Just received the MF V90 DAC and am impressed at the quality of sound for a $300 DAC.

Nov 27, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #6,244 of 12,347

Thanks

If you want something cheaper, go with the Schiit Modi, that combo sounds amazing to my ears.
If you do encounter more Interference issues even with a USB DAC, try to connect the DAC to self powered USB HUB it should solve it.

Nov 27, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #6,245 of 12,347
Guys, my Crack got some hissing sound at the left side. Usually when I turn on the amp, it hiss only for few second than silent. However recently instead of disappear, the hissing became worst. I changed the large tube but no luck. I don't have the small tube to try with. Can faulty small tube caused this kind of issue? Or perhaps cracked soldering due to hot temp of the amp it self?

Nov 28, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #6,247 of 12,347
 Awhile back i was experimenting with Bypass caps for my CRACK amp switching between some SOLEN's and some RUSSIAN caps but today on my way home from work i pass by at Parts connexion and picked up a MUNDORF caps and installed it.WOW! what  a difference the MUNDORF have more details and very smooth than all of the bypass caps i've tried so far.While the other caps they can be harsh/fatiguing when just installed but with burn-in they do smooth out the Mundorf on the other hand it's smoother sounding than those previous caps even without burn-in i just installed it and WOW! very smooth,I can't wait for this thing to properly burn-in i hope it will improve even more.The best $40 i've ever spend.

Nov 28, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #6,248 of 12,347
   Awhile back i was experimenting with Bypass caps for my CRACK amp switching between some SOLEN's and some RUSSIAN caps but today on my way home from work i pass by at Parts connexion and picked up a MUNDORF caps and installed it.WOW! what  a difference the MUNDORF have more details and very smooth than all of the bypass caps i've tried so far.While the other caps they can be harsh/fatiguing when just installed but with burn-in they do smooth out the Mundorf on the other hand it's smoother sounding than those previous caps even without burn-in i just installed it and WOW! very smooth,I can't wait for this thing to properly burn-in i hope it will improve even more.The best $40 i've ever spend.

Are these the white Mundorf M-Caps? I installed some of those for a friend and was really impressed with the results.

Nov 28, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #6,250 of 12,347

Are these the white Mundorf M-Caps? I installed some of those for a friend and was really impressed with the results.

The 100uf is the white caps(old pics) and the bypass is the Black(1uf 600V).

SUPR.jpg

Nov 28, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #6,253 of 12,347
  Same here i picked up some for the SEX(0.1uf and 1.5uf) but i need to wait for my new C4S KIT then install the caps and the board at the same time,can't decide how to fit them in. 

It's a challenge. I'm bypassing my 1.5uFs soon so will post some pics in the Bottlehead Comparison thread then if that helps at all.

Nov 28, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #6,254 of 12,347

Same here i picked up some for the SEX(0.1uf and 1.5uf) but i need to wait for my new C4S KIT then install the caps and the board at the same time,can't decide how to fit them in. 

It's a challenge. I'm bypassing my 1.5uFs soon so will post some pics in the Bottlehead Comparison thread then if that helps at all.

Will not that i'am competing with you but here is my plan for the SEX amp if i'am comfortable enough to replace all the resistors i will be replacing them too(not that something is wrong with those stock resistors i just don't like how i installed them)They will be replaced with PRP,SHINKOH and TKD resistors then replace the CAPS and replace the C4S that i screwed up.There is no competitions here because clearly i can't compete with your building ability.Sure i will post some pictures as soon as i'am done so wish me luck i will need a lot of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back