Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Jun 24, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #5,356 of 12,347
  Status: I got his address, called the local cops, and they said they would check on him.

And I'm quite willing to be called an ******* for going a little overkill on this. I'll even apologize.

Better to be safe than sorry - thank you dduck for checking on Nathan. He is a really genuine and lovely guy dealing with some challenging issues. No need to apologise I expect - it is wonderful of you to care enough to contact the authorities.

Jun 24, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #5,357 of 12,347

Better to be safe than sorry - thank you dduck for checking on Nathan. He is a really genuine and lovely guy dealing with some challenging issues. No need to apologise I expect - it is wonderful of you to care enough to contact the authorities.

Thanks,

Experience has taught me to err on the side of caution in case of suspicions in this area.

Still no word from the local cops, but frankly I don't expect them to ever get back to me. That would be quite a lot to ask, and really it's none of my business.

Sorry that I can't give any kind of update, but so it goes.

I'll leave for the US in about 20 hours, so my ability to follow up is unfortunately limited. To the others who are worried (got some PMs), Good to know you care!

Jun 24, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #5,360 of 12,347
Good news everyone, Nathan is fine, and I was overly worried. Luckily he was not annoyed with me, and seemed touched that so many strangeres cared :)

Sorry to have kicked up a bit of dust, but I once lost a buddy because the people who should kept an eye on him during a time of trouble... didn't. I promised myself to never underestimate these things again, and so I acted.

Jun 24, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #5,361 of 12,347
I, for one, would much rather someone check in unnecessarily, than not when it was needed. Good one dduck. 

Jun 25, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #5,362 of 12,347
Good news everyone, Nathan is fine, and I was overly worried. Luckily he was not annoyed with me, and seemed touched that so many strangeres cared
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry to have kicked up a bit of dust, but I once lost a buddy because the people who should kept an eye on him during a time of trouble... didn't. I promised myself to never underestimate these things again, and so I acted.

Man, kudos to you. You went the extra mile and that's a good thing.

Jun 30, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #5,363 of 12,347
Rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated. Thank you for caring and commenting. I am taking a break for a while to heal from my DIY and tube addiction.

Does anyone want to buy my Crack? It has:

1. Speedball
2. 240V transformer
3. Obbligato Gold output capacitors (94 uF per channel)
4. Switch (3 way) to allow the use of 12AU7, 12BH7 & E80CC tubes whilst maintaining the stock operating point of the power tube.
5. Tung Sol 7236 & RCA clear top tubes

About $700 value. $500 including shipping within Australia.

Jun 30, 2014 at 1:27 AM Post #5,364 of 12,347
Rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated. Thank you for caring and commenting. I am taking a break for a while to heal from my DIY and tube addiction.

1. Speedball
2. 240V transformer
4. Switch (3 way) to allow the use of 12AU7, 12BH7 & E80CC tubes whilst maintaining the stock operating point of the power tube.

:O ermahgerd so tempting, if I had the money :frowning2:

Jun 30, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #5,366 of 12,347

1. Speedball
2. 240V transformer

I'm interested! I'll send you a PM.

Jun 30, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #5,367 of 12,347
  Just sold my crack for US $870. Pretty good for a standard Crack (no Speedball).

Guess good looks sell :wink:

Well of course. How many hours did you put into it to get that level of finish? The price doesn't seem all that bad considering the labour that went into it.

(though after all that work, you really should have put in the Speedball and charged $1k)

Jun 30, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #5,370 of 12,347
  Just sold my crack for US $870. Pretty good for a standard Crack (no Speedball).

Guess good looks sell :wink:

That finish work is truly astounding.  But I do have to say I am surprised you got that much for an electronically stock crack.  You did very well!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back